I have a strong feeling that we're gonna...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

I have a strong feeling that we're gonna...

...take N.E. to the cleaners similar to the way they did us in game one last season!

Here's why:

I rule out the first game as any sort of standard since our players and coaches came out to play minus the proverbial pants!

But, in game two, we actually played well. Some of you may laugh, but only one of N.E.'s TDs was a decent drive. The other two were set up by two offensive TOs at our own 28 and 9 YLs, and average SFP of 18.5 YL on those two drives.

Heck, one drive was Antowain running:

UTM 8
    UTM 1
    LS 4
    RS 5
    UTM 6
    & UTM 4 for all of the Pats' yardage on that drive.

That isn't going to happen this year!

We held the Pats to 275 total net yards, less than 100 rushing on 3.5 YPC avg., less than 200 yards passing, 4-of-11 3rd down %age.

They weren't really that great last year, as the difference between them and the basement was the two wins over us. But much as we did, they only beat a few other teams who were decent. K.C., but only on the merits of O. Our D held K.C. to 17 points, theirs held K.C. to 38!! The split w/ the Jets who weren't that great. They did beat the Fins and Pittsburgh, however, they beat the Steelers in week one.

So barring us making offensive TOs, I think this is gonna be a laugher! Don't want to jinx us, but let's face it, N.E.'s D may have gotten better, but their O surely hasn't. In fact, they may end up w/ the worst rushing game in the league this season! They were 27th last year in YPC avg., and 28th in rushing yardage! Bellichick seems to be content w/ that. :shrug:

As well, the one area where I think TD has made the biggest improvement, and very stealthfully I might add, is STs. He's signed some huge players who have a strong history there. Many of you think Gash is gonna be our starting FB, but he's gonna be a STs standout. Crowell excites me on STs. We have plenty of new return options.

I'm thinkin' if the STs improves dramatically, LOOK OUT!!!

Anyway, the only way that the Pats can be in this game is off of O TOs or STs blunders. Don't expect either to happen. Even if their D holds, sooner or later, our O will outperform theirs since both defenses will be formidable!

Bills 34, Pats 13
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

great post
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
      • Jul 2002

Aren't they all...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Well!

How's it going wys. Are you ready for some football?
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I made it through the entire post!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

Are you feeling ok today Wys

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
              I made it through the entire post!
              I didn't.

Belichek scares me.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

I like your thinking. NE was not very good last year. Plus I totally agree about their running game. I don’t even think Smith was that good the year they won the whole thing. Our defensive should make this game very one dimensional for their offense. I’d go into this game keying on Brady and make them try and beat us with the run. Something I don’t think they can do.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

wys.. after reading your post.. ithink i will be making a large wager on that game..

it is a bad idea for a gambler to start throwing around big money in the first couple weeks of the nfl.. but i agree with basically everything you said there... and the point spread should be about 3 to 3.5 on that game. if it is 3 or less.. i will hammer that bet.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    Well!

How's it going wys. Are you ready for some football?
                    Oh, you know I am!!!

I just dug out the old "Conehead mask" that I used during the '90s heyday. It's a conehead mask that I painted the Bills logo on the sides of. I used to sit in the screen EZ where everyone around me would rub it for good luck!

It may have to make a reappearance this year. That's a good sign! I don't just wear it during any season or any game.

It's on our baker's rack. Top shelf in fact, w/ all my other Bills mugs and stuff. I put it there yesterday. My wife said: "Oh, honey, nooo!"

I slapped her really hard and said daggoned straight!

LOL

Actually, w/o the slap!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Did you slap her ass and call her Sally?

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

I think the fact that its the first game of the season works to our advantage. The pats D will have less info on our playcalling, strategies, etc. Bellicek won't have as much film to study, provided our playcalling is different this year than last

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          Did you slap her ass and call her Sally?
                          I don't believe he did!!!

Oh, what to be done about that...

SoCal,

You can plan on BB playing us the same exact way. He's likely just as skeptical as I am that we're not gonna try and throw too much. You can count on him pressuring Drew and telling his front 7 to try and force fumbles out of Henry.

IMO, w/o 2+ TOs, the Pats have absolutely no chance in this game. If by some chance we can limit out TOs to 1 or 0, as long as one of them doesn't set them up inside our redzone, I think this game is gonna be a blowout! Over by halftime.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

BTW, their D was good last year, and they've certainly improved it, but they were low 20s in rush D. So even a massive improvement tells me that we can run Henry very effectively, especially if they are constantly setting up hoping to take advantage of Drew TOs.

It's gonna be a chess match between BB and Gilbride, which is my only real worry here! As you well know, Gilbride ain't gonna win any awards for intellectual prowess anytime soon!

He may win an award for being the OC who's "most likely to see through the obvious" however! Not a good sign when playing BB's Pats. Still, it'll take an awful lot of critical blundering and in many ways for that to happen.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Wys is waiting for somebody to step up and say that the reason we lost was because DB turned the ball over to NE too many times and they had the short field...but I won't do that.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X