PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod or Cardale for 16 games in '17?

Oaf
01-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Assumption 1: We do not have the salary cap or trade assets to acquire a sure-fire veteran.

Assumption 2: We will use a draft pick on a QB who won't be ready right away (includes any round 1 pick).

We could also trade that draft pick for a current backup and so have a third option to Tyrod or Cardale in '17 (McCarron, Jones, Garap, Hoyer UFA, etc), but for the purposes of this thread, let's assume that does not happen since it takes two to tango. With a gun to your head, would you roll with the mostly-known or the totally-unknown option at QB for '17?

YardRat
01-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I've changed my opinion on this issue over the last few weeks...I say we roll with Tyrod for now and keep mining the draft and free agency to try to hit on somebody better.

Mace
01-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Right now, I don't even have an opinion.

Would like to see Cardale go spend some time with Tom House the QB guru to see what that does, then see how he responds to a real QB coach.

Not really sure what happens with Taylor when he finds out finding a running lane is way lower on his list of priorities than finding and directing passing targets while he's being elusive or rolling out in a Kubiak/Dennison style offense. Would probably like to see him go spend some time with Tom House also.

Rabbit like Taylor is elusive and efficient in terms of minimizing mistakes but wants to run when he can, Fearless Cardale has a howitzer arm and tank build and is more raw than a steer still grazing.

Just couldn't say.

Mace
01-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Right now, I don't even have an opinion.

Would like to see Cardale go spend some time with Tom House the QB guru to see what that does, then see how he responds to a real QB coach.

Not really sure what happens with Taylor when he finds out finding a running lane is way lower on his list of priorities than finding and directing passing targets while he's being elusive or rolling out in a Kubiak/Dennison style offense. Would probably like to see him go spend some time with Tom House also.

Rabbit like Taylor is elusive and efficient in terms of minimizing mistakes but wants to run when he can, Fearless Cardale has a howitzer arm and tank build and is more raw than a steer still grazing.

Just couldn't say.

Meh, that's a cop out. Ok, I went for Taylor as least probably worse. Woo.

Gilly
01-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Cardale without a doubt. Had his year on the bench now start him so we can see what he can do.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Where's the neither option?

Neither of these guys should be on the roster, let alone play in 2017

Mouldsie
01-23-2017, 10:44 PM
I went with Cardale because we need a QB in NEXT YEARS draft and under the scenario you laid out that's the only way I see us landing a good one.

swiper
01-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Cardale without a doubt. Had his year on the bench now start him so we can see what he can do.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. This is why people criticized Bills fans.

Thank goodness it's never going to happen.

swiper
01-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Where's the neither option?

Neither of these guys should be on the roster, let alone play in 2017

And likely neither will. Just because those are the only names currently on the roster is meaningless.

Cardale Jones is horrid. And the Bills have seen Tyrod's low ceiling already.

TacklingDummy
01-24-2017, 07:16 AM
Jones, let the tank begin for Sam Darnold.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2017, 09:30 AM
God help us if it's Cardale

djjimkelly
01-24-2017, 11:18 AM
they both suck

WagonCircler
01-24-2017, 11:57 AM
And likely neither will. Just because those are the only names currently on the roster is meaningless..

You understand that this is the Bills we're talking about, right?

"If it's too dumb for everybody else, it's just right for us."

sudzy
01-24-2017, 05:19 PM
The only reason you would star Jones is if you wanted to tank.

TacklingDummy
01-25-2017, 06:28 AM
The only reason you would star Jones is if you wanted to tank.

It's working for the Sabres.

Arm of Harm
01-25-2017, 09:15 AM
The only reason you would start Jones is if you wanted to tank.
Hence my vote for Jones. Tank the season. Fire the GM. Get the early draft pick.

Night Train
01-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Jones, in a bad poll.

Draft 1 and sign a UFA to go with Jones.

These January ideas usually suck here. Desperation.

swiper
01-26-2017, 05:57 PM
Landry Jones

Dozerdog
01-27-2017, 08:31 AM
The Bills keep wasting high picks on weapons we discard or need to replace every year. I'd keep Tyrod- Cardale Jones needs a few more years to develop (Remember- he had limited starts in college). He needs a lot more time. Even then I'm not convinced

When Watkins is hurt or double teamed we just don't have any real WR threats out there.