PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had a piece of Bills paraphernalia that someone tossed?

WG
07-29-2003, 11:18 AM
I had two bottles of champagne that I bought that were bottled by Batavia Wine Sellers that had a special "AFCE Champs" label on it from 1991.

Well, long after I had moved out of home, my mom decided that "the wine shouldn't 'go to waste' ". So they drank one w/o my knowing it.

Fortunately I caught on as I saw the open bottle on a visit home, and ran screaming into the basement where the other was. Figured I'd emerge w/ a shotgun if that one had been drunk as well. :D

I saved it and it proudly sits today on the top shelf of my newly made baker's rack. Much to my wife's dismay! Could have had two of them however... :madcurse:

I also made the mistake of telling her that I was in 4 FFLs this season. That wasn't a good idea! :rolleyes:

Actually, as many of you know, she's a sweety. She does have a limited number of issues, as w/ most wives presumably, once football season arrives.

Oh well, what can ya do...

:D

Novacane
07-29-2003, 11:23 AM
My wife threw out my Flutie Jersey.........boy was I pissed:snicker:

SABURZFAN
07-29-2003, 11:29 AM
i found a BILLS clock in the dumpster.it didn't work but a friend of mine tinkered around with it and now it works.it's a little shoddy looking too,but what the hell,it was free and it tells time.

Valerie
07-29-2003, 11:40 AM
I don't go picking through garbage looking for things. If it's in the trahs, I don't want it anyway.

WG
07-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Consider yourself fortunate, I would have used it as a rag in my truck.

You know, greasy oil spills and other stuff...

WG
07-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Besides, I said "Bills paraphernalia", not trash!

NewYorkCity Backers
07-29-2003, 11:42 AM
I think wys means has anyone thrown out your goodies, not did you find goodies in the trash.

WG
07-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i found a BILLS clock in the dumpster.it didn't work but a friend of mine tinkered around with it and now it works.it's a little shoddy looking too,but what the hell,it was free and it tells time.

What time does it tell?

NewYorkCity Backers
07-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Well I don't know what the heck happened to my Thurman Thomas jersey. Perhaps my parents tossed it. I'll interrogate them later.

Valerie
07-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by NewYorkCity Backers I think wys means has anyone thrown out your goodies, not did you find goodies in the trash.
Oh, I guess I was confused. No, I've never had anyone throw anything Bills stuff out. My brother (the other twin) took about 50 of my matchbooks and used them to light his cigarettes. Boy was I pissed! I collect matchbooks from all the places I've been and I could've killed him for taking some of the ones I saved.

Voltron
07-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Even broken clocks are right twice a day :D

WG
07-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkCity Backers
Well I don't know what the heck happened to my Thurman Thomas jersey. Perhaps my parents tossed it. I'll interrogate them later.

Indeed!

Smack 'em around a little...!!!

SabreEleven
07-29-2003, 02:40 PM
My wife bleached my Gil Perrault Original Authentic Sabres Jersey. It was a home jersey so now the numbers are purple. I was/am not a happy camper.

WG
07-29-2003, 02:52 PM
At least she didn't turn it pink!

;)

Bruce is Loose
07-29-2003, 03:02 PM
My friend had an old bruce smith poster that had gotton badly wrinkled and I saw it in his trash. It is hard to get Bills stuff here in NH so I had to grab it. Flattned it out and now it is good as new!

However I must admit that I gave away much of my bills things when i was younger before i moved from buffalo. Man, if I had realized the importance those things would have to me now were I still to have them.

In addition to some really cool posters of Andre, Jim, Bruce, Thurman, etc, I had lots of cards, a few signed pictures, and I had collected every single fullpage picture that the D&C put out each week of the postseason in the superbowl years. If I had tehm now I would laminate them and line my walls... regrets regrets...

Jan Reimers
07-29-2003, 03:02 PM
I threw out most of my Bills collection - in a total fit of anger - during our Super Bowl loss to the Redskins. People were leaving our Super Bowl party in droves. I found some of the stuff the next spring when the snow melted.

Also ripped up a perfectly good Bills shirt and threw my cap in a trash barrel on the way out of RWS after a particularly galling loss to the Rams on opening day a few years ago when Tony Banks ran in for a TD on the last play of the game.

But wirh therapy, I'm better now.

SABURZFAN
07-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I don't go picking through garbage looking for things. If it's in the trahs, I don't want it anyway.

it's leftover donuts in the morning and chinese food after lunch.dinner is awesome because it becomes a variety.the chicken leg,with two bites taken out,is my favorite.:snicker:

shelby
07-30-2003, 04:44 AM
My ex ate my Flutie Flakes.

:eek:

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-30-2003, 07:36 AM
I had a Jim Kelly jersey and I did some work with Jim and his wife, I had Jim sign the jersey. My wife went through the house one day and got rid of some clothes for Goodwill. I haven't seen it since. She swears she never touched it. To think, someone bought an autographed Jim Kelly jersey for $5 burns my a$$.

WG
07-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by shelby
My ex ate my Flutie Flakes.

:eek:

I've got 4 boxes wrapped in saran!

How much they worth to ya?

:evil:

WG
07-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I had a Jim Kelly jersey and I did some work with Jim and his wife, I had Jim sign the jersey. My wife went through the house one day and got rid of some clothes for Goodwill. I haven't seen it since. She swears she never touched it. To think, someone bought an autographed Jim Kelly jersey for $5 burns my a$$.

Yeah, I picked it up Ghost. I talked the GW people down to a buck-fifty.

:jk: of course...

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Yeah, I picked it up Ghost. I talked the GW people down to a buck-fifty.

:jk: of course...

Those GW folks are tough negotiators!!!!

TedMock
07-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

My buddy wiped Fluties signature off a mini-Bills helmet and is on his way to camp now to get a new sig.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TedMock

My buddy wiped Fluties signature off a mini-Bills helmet and is on his way to camp now to get a new sig.

Wouldn't a mini-helmet be a full sized helmet for Flutie, sorry DF fans I couldn't resist.:tongue:

G. Host
07-30-2003, 09:53 AM
I had him spit at me from sideline once.

echo_bravo
07-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey, NewYorkCity Backer, I had your Thurman "Im an Alcholic" Thomas jersey, but I wiped my ass with it....sorry :)

By the way, some of you people seem pretty scrubby going through dumbsters and garbage...and bragging about it. Wow, how sad.

EricStratton
07-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by echo_bravo
Hey, NewYorkCity Backer, I had your Thurman "Im an Alcholic" Thomas jersey, but I wiped my ass with it....sorry :)

By the way, some of you people seem pretty scrubby going through dumbsters and garbage...and bragging about it. Wow, how sad.

New site - same tool.

ublinkwescore
07-30-2003, 11:26 PM
I once had a coke-snorting straw autographed by OJ - but I can't seem to remember what I did with it.

WG
07-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by echo_bravo

At least we don't walk into one on Sunday's during football season to watch our team play!

ublinkwescore
07-31-2003, 05:15 PM
I walk into a bar almost every sunday during football season. Let me tell you - in our 3-13 year, If ever I needed some motivation to drink, that year was all the motivation it would have taken.

Billsouth
07-31-2003, 08:15 PM
My wife just recently threw out my superbowl ticket from superbowl 26!!

The_Philster
07-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth

:eek: And you haven't filed for divorce yet?

ublinkwescore
07-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Filed for divorce?!

I'd pull an OJ on her @$$.

mush69
07-31-2003, 09:46 PM
My better half tried to throw out my beer coozie the other day. "It's all dirty and falling apart" she said. The scramble was on!

pmoon6
08-01-2003, 06:30 AM
I had to donate a Bill's hat to my puppies ( they love to chew on it ).I have 4 other hats so no problem.

Michael82
08-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth

Did you law down the law? :whip:

:snicker: