PDA

View Full Version : Corey Davis With The 10th Pick, or Cooper Kupp With The 44th Pick?

BillsImpossible
01-24-2017, 09:10 PM
The Buffalo Bills desperately need a wide receiver. They desperately need a safety too.

Which position is more important in the NFL? Safety or wide receiver?

Pick your poison: Score, or get scored on.

Sammy Watkins is coming off his second foot surgery and is scheduled to be ready for training camp, but I don't have a lot of faith in Sammy being ready for training camp. The slightest amount of pain will render Watkins useless until Week 1 at best.

The Bills need a wide receiver that will be able to work with whoever their quarterback is in OTA's and training camp.

Corey Davis is 6'3 205 lbs

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mnqO2WvKoTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Come the 44th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Davis will be off the board.

So what should the Bills do?

Draft Jamal Adams or Jabrill Peppers in the first round, or go after Corey Davis or Mike Williams at #10?

I like Davis more than Mike Williams. Both of them won't be available in the 2nd round.

Sean McDermott is a former safety, and he's a defensive minded coach, so I think he's going to draft safety first.

Cooper Kupp is 6'2 215 lbs.

https://www.draftutopia.com/widereceiverrankings.html

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tw_80fL6OfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the Bills draft Adams or Peppers in the 1st round, and Kupp in the 2nd round, I'd be cool with that.

The Jokeman
01-24-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm a Davis fan but not sure I take him at 10, as honestly with the CB strength in this depth I'd have no issues trading down to the early late teens/ early twenties and grab a CB. Teez Tabor is a name to remember.

Skooby
01-25-2017, 03:39 AM
I'm a Davis fan but not sure I take him at 10, as honestly with the CB strength in this depth I'd have no issues trading down to the early late teens/ early twenties and grab a CB. Teez Tabor is a name to remember.
Teez off !!

ICRockets
01-25-2017, 04:42 AM
Yeah, we'll definitely take advice from the guy whose last 2 endorsements were Cardale Jones and Donald Trump.

YardRat
01-25-2017, 05:44 AM
lol...

k-oneputt
01-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Neither receiver at either pick.
Davis at #44 would be doable.

k-oneputt
01-25-2017, 08:03 AM
Yeah, we'll definitely take advice from the guy whose last 2 endorsements were Cardale Jones and Donald Trump.

So.
Your last endorsement was Bernie, enough said.
This team could use another wr, but not at those picks. Myself I wouldn't even draft one unless one falls and the value is to good to pass up.

kingJofNYC
01-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Neither receiver at either pick.
Davis at #44 would be doable.
Corey Davis isn't lasting until the 44th pick, his production numbers are through the roof, dude is going top of the first half.

Honestly, this a great top 10 draft. Hooker, Adams, Williams, Foster, Davis, Solomon Thomas, are all guys this team needs. I left Allen out because I think Thomas is a better 1 gap player, can penetrate and get in the backfield, better pass rusher, and the type of guy McD wants in his one gap rush 4 scheme. Left the runningbacks out too. Think it's really good draft up top.

Edit: Myself, I'm leaning towards defense, we need a S/LB/DT. I think the safeties will be gone, Foster may be there, maybe Thomas as well. We need to replace Kyle at some point, Washington is a **** boy who coasted last season, not passing on a talent like Thomas because we took Washington in 2016 draft.

tomz
01-25-2017, 09:36 PM
We always need more Williams'. Mike looks like the quintessential 'open even when not open.' Do we have the quarterback to throw to someone who is not open by 10 yards? But I agree that the top end 3 safeties also look enticing.

ICRockets
01-26-2017, 08:11 AM
I'd like to see where Amba Etta-Tawo is projected leading up to the draft. He had a fantastic season with Syracuse despite not having particularly strong QBs getting him the ball.