Whaley to meet Chad Kelly, another red-shirt QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Whaley to meet Chad Kelly, another red-shirt QB?

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Whaley to meet Chad Kelly, another red-shirt QB?

Moves like this makes me nervous because I can see Russ Brandon's eyeballs turning into dollar signs over how easy it will be to sell tickets and jerseys with "Kelly" on the back. I just don't trust this org to pick him solely on football merit.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

I'm in the camp of "drafting a QB every year if you don't have one." They got Jones last year; add another one this year.

Usually these QB show you they are special or not pretty quickly, even for Carr who didn't set the world on fire and took 3 years to develop.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

3rd or 4th round and allowed to compete and learn im in

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Every year round 2-3 draft a QB. Trade out of first round if you have to. Trade for picks. Draft 2 if you want. What is there to lose? A playoff spot? Bwahahahaha

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

This move is all Brandon. Could see it coming a mile away.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

Only if round 5 or 6 for me.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

I don't want another drunk Kelly in Buffalo.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

When they wine and dine him at Tempo, expect a brawl when they overcook his lamb chops.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Moves like this makes me nervous because I can see Russ Brandon's eyeballs turning into dollar signs over how easy it will be to sell tickets and jerseys with "Kelly" on the back. I just don't trust this org to pick him solely on football merit.
                    Brandon is on the road with the Sabres, he was sitting with Sabres players parents in a box that made the trip to Nashville last night.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

He'd be in the 'first round' discussion if he didn't get hurt. I like the kid, and it has nothing to do with his name or selling tickets. IMO most of the people that flinch when they think about drafting Kelly are doing the same thing they are accusing others of...judging the player on his name...and have probably seen him play very little, if at all.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        He'd be in the 'first round' discussion if he didn't get hurt. I like the kid, and it has nothing to do with his name or selling tickets. IMO most of the people that flinch when they think about drafting Kelly are doing the same thing they are accusing others of...judging the player on his name...and have probably seen him play very little, if at all.
                        I don't know that he would be. He's got a good arm and good athleticism but his field vision is inconsistent, he struggles to read pre-snap at times, and he's susceptible to melting down on the field.

For every big game he played v. Bama he seemed to crater against teams like Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Granted it's a really bad QB class so an inflated stock wouldn't surprise me but I'm far from sold on his on the field game, that's not even talking about his many off the field problems.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I don't know that he would be. He's got a good arm and good athleticism but his field vision is inconsistent, he struggles to read pre-snap at times, and he's susceptible to melting down on the field.

For every big game he played v. Bama he seemed to crater against teams like Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Granted it's a really bad QB class so an inflated stock wouldn't surprise me but I'm far from sold on his on the field game, that's not even talking about his many off the field problems.
                          Funny, I see it a little differently. He isn't perfect, but IMO his field vision is pretty good, especially when he's on the move. I also think pre-snap reads is his strength. Agree, however, that sometimes he is risky with ball security and occasionally makes poor choices trying to force something to happen and suffers a dry spell at times (not for long, however). Personally, I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather have a guy that throws a couple of picks due to over-confidence, but still has the ability to rally and put points on the board quickly, with big strikes.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

The way I see it, he's not going to be educated and tuned by a 23 year WR coach unless Cardale can offer him some tips on refining his game that he learned from Wildcat Lee.

Unless we get a pro ready polished QB (heh), it won't matter.
                            Last edited by Mace; 01-25-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              The way I see it, he's not going to be educated and tuned by a 23 year WR coach unless Cardale can offer him some tips on refining his game that he learned from Wildcat Lee.

Unless we get a pro ready polished QB (heh), it won't matter.
                              He's been coached by serious QB coaches his entire life. He's light years ahead of guys like Cardale, mechanically, cognitively, and he has developed an outstanding work ethic.

It's not worth arguing with idiots on this message board who think they know his story.

And it's probably not worth hoping that the Bills are smart enough to draft him on potential. Not with Whaley in charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X