PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore justs wants to feel wanted...

DynaPaul
01-26-2017, 04:45 PM
“I talked to him on the phone, then I got a call from Leslie Frazier, those guys called me,” Gilmore said, via NFL Media. “It’s all up to them. They seem like they’re going to turn it around out there but, like I said, I don’t know what’s going to happen. They got a decision to make. … No hopes. Whatever happens is going to happen. But I want to be wanted wherever I go. I put it in God’s hands. If it’s somewhere else, it is what it is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/26/stephon-gilmore-on-free-agency-no-hopes-but-i-want-to-be-wanted-wherever-i-go/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qgpewMCVjs

SpikedLemonade
01-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Sure.

If we were to offer Gilmore $10M per year, his agent would be singing this song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys_0nomY1AA

YardRat
01-26-2017, 04:53 PM
"Wants to feel wanted" translates to "Show me the money".

Novacane
01-26-2017, 05:00 PM
See ya Gilmore!

Mace
01-26-2017, 05:47 PM
He can go to the Saints and play alongside Ballhawk Byrd.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-27-2017, 08:28 AM
I know many are happy to see him go.

here's my problem. What's the better alternative? It's fine to say 'he sucks' but who's better? a rookie? Robey-Coleman?

Be careful of what you wish for.....

The King
01-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Gilmore is too streaky to be paid as a top 10 CB. I hate creating holes that need to be filled immediately but I just don't see how the Bills can pay him effectively.
They're going to have to make Darby the man and hopefully McDermott has his eye on a guy who's been playing under the radar to compliment him.

justasportsfan
01-27-2017, 09:31 AM
while he was never a top 5 cb, he was a pretty solid player that got ruined by Rex. Just like Hughes.

The King
01-27-2017, 09:58 AM
while he was never a top 5 cb, he was a pretty solid player that got ruined by Rex. Just like Hughes.
I don't know coverage is much different than pass rushing. Rex's system relied on him to be almost perfect, but his responsibilities in coverage are pretty much what they are.

Thurmal
01-27-2017, 11:51 AM

here's my problem. What's the better alternative? It's fine to say 'he sucks' but who's better? a rookie? Robey-Coleman?

Too bad we didn't keep McKelvin, another productive yet inexpensive player that somehow wasn't good enough for Whaley's Dream Team.

The King
01-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Too bad we didn't keep McKelvin, another productive yet inexpensive player that somehow wasn't good enough for Whaley's Dream Team.
I'll never forgive him for that Patriots muffed punt.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-27-2017, 01:26 PM

This times a billion

justasportsfan
01-27-2017, 02:45 PM
I don't know coverage is much different than pass rushing. Rex's system relied on him to be almost perfect, but his responsibilities in coverage are pretty much what they are.

he wasn't like that when Donnie Henderson was here. It is my opinion that just like everyone else, got stupid once Henderson left and Rob Ryan took over. It's like they don't know where they are supposed to be anymore.

The King
01-27-2017, 03:32 PM
he wasn't like that when Donnie Henderson was here. It is my opinion that just like everyone else, got stupid once Henderson left and Rob Ryan took over. It's like they don't know where they are supposed to be anymore.

What does muffing a punt have to do with Donnie Henderson?

DraftBoy
01-27-2017, 04:12 PM

I'd take a shot at Bouye if we lose Gilmore to Free Agency. He's ready for his shot.

DynaPaul
01-28-2017, 07:53 AM
I think we could get two good guys for the price of Gilmore. Someone will overpay for him, perhaps the Saints who like to overpay for quite a few Buffalo free agents lately. Pro Football Focus (https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2017-free-agency-tracker/) doesn't even have him in the top 10 of available CBs with a grade of 73.2. You could probably get Amukamara and Munnerlyn both for the price that Gilmore wants and they're rated higher.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2017, 09:18 AM

He's talking about Gilmore dude

IlluminatusUIUC
01-28-2017, 09:41 AM

This times a billion

If its gonna haunt you for 7 years at least get the play right

Night Train
01-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Few "want" him to go.

But the D is running a short zone scheme and paying Gilmore sick money makes zero sense.

Mace
01-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Gilmore is too streaky to be paid as a top 10 CB. I hate creating holes that need to be filled immediately but I just don't see how the Bills can pay him effectively.
They're going to have to make Darby the man and hopefully McDermott has his eye on a guy who's been playing under the radar to compliment him.

DB's experienced with facing pass happy spread/air raid offenses are pouring out of college, we don't need to look for a sleeper, we just have to make an obvious pick when it is there without thinking we should be looking for an under the radar guy, imho.