PDA

View Full Version : What I heard, believe what you want..

k-oneputt
01-26-2017, 06:19 PM
Whaley was all in on Lynn as the next hc. After he f up the end of the year news conf. Pegula got pissed and took over and McDerm. is 100 % his pick for coach, and Whaley is on thin ice.
Z. Brown won't be coming back.
K. Williams is 50/50 playing/retiring next year, and he has had enough trying to mentor Dareus.

Believe what you want. Good source.

Novacane
01-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Just fire Whaley

k-oneputt
01-26-2017, 06:50 PM
It's close. Pegs didn't want that much shakeup w Ryan and both Whaley going. Pegs believes they have some good things going.
If things go South though whaley looks to be first to go. Which isn't big news as its obvious, but the boss isn't happy after the end of the year news conf. fiasco.

YardRat
01-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Just hire me already, I guarantee I can do a better job than some of these yahoos this century and at least make the playoffs. Especially after my first move is hiring Mace to be the Minister Of No-Tampa-2 Defense.

jimmifli
01-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Just hire me already, I guarantee I can do a better job than some of these yahoos this century and at least make the playoffs. Especially after my first move is hiring Mace to be the Minister Of No-Tampa-2 Defense.

Can I be VP of no DBs in the first round? I promise to work closely with Gil if he's hired as the VP of draft OL early.

YardRat
01-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Can I be VP of no DBs in the first round? I promise to work closely with Gil if he's hired as the VP of draft OL early.

I'd be honored. Have your people call my people.

Mace
01-26-2017, 07:11 PM

My people are already contacting Pegulas people to make this so. Unfortunately every time this happens though I get slapped with another cease & desist and have to go to court to explain violating all the other ones. Fortunately I have William Mattar always on retainer in case I'm hurt in a car and judges get so aggravated seeing him show up they send me home with a warning again.

Night Train
01-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Whaley was all in on Lynn as the next hc. After he f up the end of the year news conf. Pegula got pissed and took over and McDerm. is 100 % his pick for coach, and Whaley is on thin ice.
Z. Brown won't be coming back.
K. Williams is 50/50 playing/retiring next year, and he has had enough trying to mentor Dareus.

Believe what you want. Good source.

Was it me ? I posted much of this, prior to the McDermott hire.

k-oneputt
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Maybe we talk to the same people. If you did, I missed it.

justasportsfan
01-26-2017, 08:19 PM
If both Rex and MCD are Pegs' pick and both fail , Pegula cant blame this on Whaley. If he fires Whaley should McD fail, we're screwed. Pegs will turn out to be a far crappier owner than Ralph who cant stay out if football decisions

Mace
01-26-2017, 08:45 PM
Well, it all looks pretty obvious, except I don't think Pegulas took his choice away because he dorked up his news conference. Whaley said they'd make the decision, they knew already Whaley isn't the brightest bulb on the GM porch and figure they know better anyway.

How did McDermott wow them ? Well, he probably stated things instead of asking them so probably knows what he is doing, where the other guys were probably inclined to appear more curious, including Lynn who they hung out to try at his press conference. You don't really have to know everything to appear like you might, and McDermott has a hefty background, and had a fine job waiting for him anyway if he screwed up the interview by being over confident.

Who were the Pegulas trusting in the decision process anyway ? Certainly not Whaley.

Oaf
01-26-2017, 09:08 PM
What does Whaley have to do with Pegula's evaluation of Lynn vs McD as a better head coach?

People are praising the Lynn hire and generally quiet on McD, but they forgot that we had the first choice on both, with plenty of experience with Lynn, and picked McD.

Goobylal
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
What does Whaley have to do with Pegula's evaluation of Lynn vs McD as a better head coach?

People are praising the Lynn hire and generally quiet on McD, but they forgot that we had the first choice on both, with plenty of experience with Lynn, and picked McD.

I don't know anybody that's praising the Lynn hire. The guy went from RB coach to OC to HC in the space of 4 months. Maybe they like that he got Bradley and kept Whisenhunt.

SpikedLemonade
01-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Just fire Whaley

If Kim will unclutch her Asian Snapper to let him go.

Albany,n.y.
01-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Well, it all looks pretty obvious, except I don't think Pegulas took his choice away because he dorked up his news conference. Whaley said they'd make the decision, they knew already Whaley isn't the brightest bulb on the GM porch and figure they know better anyway.

How did McDermott wow them ? Well, he probably stated things instead of asking them so probably knows what he is doing, where the other guys were probably inclined to appear more curious, including Lynn who they hung out to try at his press conference. You don't really have to know everything to appear like you might, and McDermott has a hefty background, and had a fine job waiting for him anyway if he screwed up the interview by being over confident.

Who were the Pegulas trusting in the decision process anyway ? Certainly not Whaley.

McDermott was in there for 7 hours. He had to have stated things & asked questions.

YardRat
01-27-2017, 05:01 PM
I don't know anybody that's praising the Lynn hire. The guy went from RB coach to OC to HC in the space of 4 months. Maybe they like that he got Bradley and kept Whisenhunt.

Somebody on NFL.com ranked Lynn as the best hire, and McDermott as the worst.

Mace
01-27-2017, 06:07 PM
McDermott was in there for 7 hours. He had to have stated things & asked questions.

That's what I mean. McDermott probably had his act together. Job interviews where you have nothing to lose, always go better than those where you have everything to gain. They interviewed a relatively small field of guys younger in their careers besides McDermott, so he probably stood out pretty prominently.

DesertFox24
01-27-2017, 06:46 PM
They letting zach brown leave and keeping Gilmore or letting both walk?

Goobylal
01-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Somebody on NFL.com ranked Lynn as the best hire, and McDermott as the worst.

You know what they say opinions are like.

YardRat
01-27-2017, 08:36 PM

Oh I know, but there is at least one person out there praising the Lynn hire. So now you do know one.

Goobylal
01-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Oh I know, but there is at least one person out there praising the Lynn hire. So now you do know one.

OK, there's one.

SpikedLemonade
01-27-2017, 09:38 PM

You're mouth?

swiper
01-28-2017, 05:32 AM
You're mouth?

Wait a minute. It's gooby. You're not allowed to nay say the owner nor his team. He's gulping it with that mouth.

sudzy
01-28-2017, 05:45 AM
If Whaley is on thin ice and Pegula didn't fire him? He just set the team back a couple years. So you hire on another HC and pair him with a lame duck GM? So you fire your GM next year, any decent GM is going to want his own HC. So this year will be a waste. Terry is completely bungling everything he does with this team. You bite the bullet, clean house, get the right guys in here and move forward.

swiper
01-28-2017, 06:57 AM
If Whaley is on thin ice and Pegula didn't fire him? He just set the team back a couple years. So you hire on another HC and pair him with a lame duck GM? So you fire your GM next year, any decent GM is going to want his own HC. So this year will be a waste. Terry is completely bungling everything he does with this team. You bite the bullet, clean house, get the right guys in here and move forward.

I would give Pegula a bit of latitude here. Hopefully he is quietly looking for a new GM. You see all the trouble that Indianapolis is in now b/c of the timing if their GM firing? They are having trouble finding/speaking to credible (real) candidates because those people are locked into their teams draft/off-season preparations. This is not a good time of year to be GM shopping.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/whos-the-g-m-favorite-in-indy/

swiper
01-28-2017, 06:58 AM
I would give Pegula a bit of latitude here. Hopefully he is quietly looking for a new GM. You see all the trouble that Indianapolis is in now b/c of the timing if their GM firing? They are having trouble finding/speaking to credible (real) candidates because those people are locked into their teams draft/off-season preparations. This is not a good time of year to be GM shopping.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/whos-the-g-m-favorite-in-indy/

Retrospectively, he should have had his guy in his pocket at game #16, but apparently he was still all in with Whaley until the end of the season.

Goobylal
01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
You're mouth?

Still can't figure that one out, eh moron?

Goobylal
01-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Wait a minute. It's gooby. You're not allowed to nay say the owner nor his team. He's gulping it with that mouth.

You can stop watching, whining, and posting about the team anytime you like. It owes you NOTHING. Yet here you still are, *****ing constantly.

swiper
01-28-2017, 08:55 AM
It owes me something. You, however, don't.

*****ing about *****ing sounds exponentially more stupid than fans complaining about what their team does.

kingJofNYC
01-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Sounds believable, Terry & his wife are clueless, these people can't manage ****.

Goobylal
01-28-2017, 09:40 AM
It owes me something. You, however, don't.

*****ing about *****ing sounds exponentially more stupid than fans complaining about what their team does.

Why do you believe the team owes you something?

Sounds believable, Terry & his wife are clueless, these people can't manage ****.

Yeah. Funny how Terry managed to become a multi-billionaire, being so clueless and all. :rolleyes:

Good thing he didn't have chuckleheads criticizing him after a couple years of running his business. Or maybe he did and just ignored them because they were idiots?

WagonCircler
01-28-2017, 10:21 AM
You're mouth?

He is?

Haile SpikedLemonade
01-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Still can't figure that one out, eh moron?

I am comparing your mouth to a butthole.

Did you figure that out ******?

Goobylal
01-28-2017, 04:15 PM
I am comparing your mouth to a butthole.

Did you figure that out ******?

Oh, is that what you mean? The "[You are] mouth" response was incredibly idiotic then, even for a cretin like you.

Haile SpikedLemonade
01-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Oh, is that what you mean? The "[You are] mouth" response was incredibly idiotic then, even for a cretin like you.

Don't avoid the question sir...does your mouth not resemble, smell and otherwise perform like a butthole?

Goobylal
01-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Don't avoid the question sir...does your mouth not resemble, smell and otherwise perform like a butthole?

Sorry to disappoint you, but no. You'll have to get your jollies elsewhere.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-28-2017, 04:41 PM
I say provide video evidence.