PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo Alexander: Buffalo Bills 'want me to be back'

YardRat
01-29-2017, 11:05 AM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/lorenzo_alexander_buffalo_bills_want_me_to_be_back_in_2017.html

While in Orlando preparing for his second Pro Bowl game, Alexander joined Alex Marvez and Kirk Morrison on SiriusXM NFL Radio (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/lorenzo-alexander-contract-details-nfl-free-agency-buffalo-bills/xp97m6419bxl145xfyobkcxa2) to talk about his future with the Bills. According to Alexander, Buffalo has told him that they want him back in 2017.

"[The Bills] have reached out to me," Alexander said. They want me to be back ... I'm waiting to see what all the offers are on the table. My wife and I will sit down and make the best decision for ourselves."

swiper
01-29-2017, 11:22 AM
What is the likelihood, at his age, that he has another season like he did in 2016?

YardRat
01-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Pretty slim IMO, but if he isn't looking to really cash in it would be worth bringing him back.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-29-2017, 11:40 AM
It's not just his age, but the fact that we are switching systems and our 1st round pick is now healthy and likely to take his snaps. I'm ok with keeping him as a rotational pass rush guy, but TBH I don't see how it makes financial sense for either of us. He's likely to get a better deal elsewhere.

EDS
01-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Well, if you don't trust Lawson then bringing him back is important.

Mace
01-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Sadly, he may have been one of the only pieces to flourish in a Ryan system and enters FA in a year where there aren't any left. I like him, but what do you even offer him besides middlin' which some other team with more cap space can pitch his way just for special teams.

I'd love to see him situational and back here in the colors, but if I knew him I'd advise him to take the money and run.

stuckincincy
01-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Regardless of his age, he came onto the scene and did a good job for the team. He doesn't have any injuries AFAIK.

I's sign the guy to a worthy contract that includes "out" language if he hits the wall.

DraftBoy
01-30-2017, 06:46 AM
Regardless of his age, he came onto the scene and did a good job for the team. He doesn't have any injuries AFAIK.

I's sign the guy to a worthy contract that includes "out" language if he hits the wall.

I lean towards agreeing but part of me is worried about fit in the new system. I've actually been trying to talk myself out of looking at pure "fit" this offseason so in that mindset I'd be ok bringing Alexander back at a reasonable price.

Topas
01-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Agree, the health of Lawson is an important factor for this decision.
And I trust our medical staff to give a reliable assessment here ... /sarcasm end

Night Train
01-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Anyone see the hit LorAx laid on Jimmy Graham yesterday near the end of the game ?. He actually tried to hold up a bit. Graham was pissed.

My immediate reaction was Graham is a Titanic pussy.

Joe Fo Sho
01-30-2017, 01:33 PM
Anyone see the hit LorAx laid on Jimmy Graham yesterday near the end of the game ?. He actually tried to hold up a bit. Graham was pissed.

My immediate reaction was Graham is a Titanic pussy.

Yeah, it was great. Then Graham dropped the pass over the middle that Lorenzo intercepted and sealed the victory for the AFC.

I think Bills players actually represented pretty well this year. Zach Brown had the 4th and goal stand early in the game, Gilmore had an interception in the endzone against Odell, and Lorenzo had the game ending interception and won defensive MVP.

kingJofNYC
01-30-2017, 01:47 PM
He probably won't get close to his sack numbers again, but if he came cheap why not. I think he would be good on ST, spell guys in a situational pass rush role. Panthers liked rotating guys in and out, they really drafted DL the last couple of years, we aren't deep at DL right now, can use help.

justasportsfan
01-30-2017, 02:00 PM
So far McD wants Kyle and Alexander . 2 older hardworking vets who had to climb up the ladder from being drafted late or not drafted at all.

I wonder if they called Dareus.

Thurmal
02-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I hope they bring him back. Good player, works hard, and is a really good guy to boot.

Luisito23
02-03-2017, 04:28 PM
If he regresses which is expected, at least he's great at special teams...

He wants to come back, and Buffalo wants him back...Bring him back!

Crisis
02-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Worst case scenario is we bring a good STer back. I'll gladly take him.

Goobylal
02-03-2017, 09:39 PM
He was imploring Kyle Williams not to retire. I think he's already made a deal to come back and has to wait until FA starts to make it official.

Mace
02-03-2017, 09:43 PM
So far McD wants Kyle and Alexander . 2 older hardworking vets who had to climb up the ladder from being drafted late or not drafted at all.

I wonder if they called Dareus.

Nah. They're stuck with Dareus in any case.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-04-2017, 01:40 PM
He was imploring Kyle Williams not to retire. I think he's already made a deal to come back and has to wait until FA starts to make it official.
He is not required to wait until FA, he's currently a member of the Bills and can sign an extension any time he wants.