PDA

View Full Version : Make it 18 years

Turf
01-30-2017, 10:09 AM
I just read this Jeremy White article from GR, and had to share this part. Granted I like McDerrmott and I think he will be a good coach and is the right hire so anything can happen. But look at this:

In 2017 the Bills are scheduled to play:
Matt Ryan
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Philip Rivers
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Alex Smith
Andy Dalton
Denver’s guy*
Oh yeah, and Tom Brady twice.* For a moment, let’s pretend that he’s mortal, bleeds, and might want to retire at some point. Please… just go with me on this. I promise you, he will retire at some point. I think. Ok, moving on….

Sigh.

Joe Fo Sho
01-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Cool thread, thanks man.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2017, 11:11 AM
We beat Dalton this year.
We should have beaten Carr this year.
Nobody knows Cam better than McDermott
Alex Smith is extremely beatable
We beat the absolute piss out of Andrew Luck the last time we faced him
For the moment, Denver's qb situation is a huge weakness of theirs

There's always something to worry about, but things you predict in January aren't always what turn out to be the real issue. If last January I told you we'd beat the Cards, Bengals, and Patriots, while taking the Seahawks to the wire, but get swept by both the Jets and Dolphins, you'd think I was crazy.

WagonCircler
01-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Currently, our starting QB is dumb-as-a-stump Cardale Jones.

We aren't beating anybody.

Luisito23
01-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Joe Fo Sho
01-30-2017, 12:38 PM
We beat Dalton this year.
We should have beaten Carr this year.
Nobody knows Cam better than McDermott
Alex Smith is extremely beatable
We beat the absolute piss out of Andrew Luck the last time we faced him
For the moment, Denver's qb situation is a huge weakness of theirs

You could keep going with this...

Brees lost more than he won last year
Rivers won 5 whole games last year (HE LOST TO THE BROWNS)
The Falcons were 1 of the 5 Chargers wins
We're supposed to be afraid of Jameis Winston now? He's improving but I'm not scared of him.

These games are winnable if we get our s*** together.

Bill Cody
01-30-2017, 12:40 PM
as long as we're banning Whaley/Brandon threads I guess we have to ban direct or indirect references to the fact that we need a QB. Wait....what's left?

Mouldsie
01-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Tank

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-30-2017, 01:50 PM
We should get Cardale up to about 300 pounds and just let Cardale be Cardale

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Man, people are already talking Tank and it's not even February. What a defeated fanbase.

Mouldsie
01-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Man, people are already talking Tank and it's not even February. What a defeated fanbase.

To me it's not defeatist. It's smart and a long time coming. Imagine having Andrew Luck right now (the last time we said tank)!

And I dont want to hear about the Colts not being in the playoffs. If there's a worse franchise in the NFL than the Bills it's def the Colts. Without Manning and Luck they would be dead.

Mouldsie
01-30-2017, 02:08 PM
Actually I may have said it the year Mariota was coming out but I dont think others were rallying with me then haha

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2017, 02:39 PM
To me it's not defeatist. It's smart and a long time coming. Imagine having Andrew Luck right now (the last time we said tank)!
And I dont want to hear about the Colts not being in the playoffs. If there's a worse franchise in the NFL than the Bills it's def the Colts. Without Manning and Luck they would be dead.

Who exactly are we tanking for? Andrew Luck was held up as a once in a generation prospect for a reason.

djjimkelly
01-30-2017, 02:39 PM
I just read this Jeremy White article from GR, and had to share this part. Granted I like McDerrmott and I think he will be a good coach and is the right hire so anything can happen. But look at this:

In 2017 the Bills are scheduled to play:
Matt Ryan
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Philip Rivers
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Alex Smith
Andy Dalton
Denver’s guy*
Oh yeah, and Tom Brady twice.* For a moment, let’s pretend that he’s mortal, bleeds, and might want to retire at some point. Please… just go with me on this. I promise you, he will retire at some point. I think. Ok, moving on….

Sigh.

this is the EXACT reason why if looking at a long term win for years approach the BILLS should.

1. get rid of tyrod
2. roll with cardele LOL or a mid round qb
3. receive 1st overall pick in 2018

Mouldsie
01-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Who exactly are we tanking for? Andrew Luck was held up as a once in a generation prospect for a reason.

My money is on Josh Rosen as the next big thing but Sam Darnold also looks like a possible top flight player. I need to watch him more, he reminded me of Fitzpatrick with more arm in his great bowl game performance.

This year I don't see anyone in that mold.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Neither Rosen nor Darnold has even played 20 games at the college level yet, and neither is even guaranteed to come out in the draft.

YardRat
01-30-2017, 05:28 PM
I think I'll wait until at least free agency, the draft, and the QB situation to play out before tossing in the towel for another season.

Mouldsie
01-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Neither Rosen nor Darnold has even played 20 games at the college level yet, and neither is even guaranteed to come out in the draft.

That's true

Turf
01-30-2017, 10:38 PM
I think Cutler is the only reasonable upgrade we can get for the interim.