PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan - I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’ ...

daryls61
01-31-2017, 09:01 AM
Interesting.....

He was bold, brash, confident and fearless. But in the end, he was shafted in the very place that he had once embraced.A little more than a month after the Bills fired Rex Ryan (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/breaking-rex-ryan-fired-buffalo-bills-won-coach-article-1.2925468) two years into a blockbuster five-year contract, the iconoclastic coach reflected on his brief run in Buffalo, his impending television debut (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rex-ryan-signs-espn-super-bowl-sunday-show-article-1.2959438) and his never-ending chase to win the Super Bowl.
It was vintage Rex: Candid, funny and unapologetic, even if it meant taking some of the blame for what went terribly wrong in Buffalo.
"I set the expectations too high," Ryan told the Daily News in a wide-ranging interview on Monday night, his first since getting fired before the Bills season finale against the Jets (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-big-day-powell-1st-int-revis-beat-bills-article-1.2930971). "Like, boy, that's a shock. In a way, I felt, why not us? I stepped in where the head coach had quit, the defensive coordinator quit and the quarterback quit on them. So, I thought that it was important at the time to say, 'You know what? Shoot, I believe in you. And I'm proud to be the coach here.' Every bit of that was true. I put that truck (with the Bills logo) around town. I was all-in. Even though those other three had quit, I wasn't a quitter. I was ready. And I wanted to be there. And I wanted to win. And I thought I could win."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rex-ryan-nfl-future-tired-f-ked-article-1.2960277?utm_content=bufferbaab0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Novacane
01-31-2017, 09:15 AM
So were Bills fans. By YOU Wrecks!

justasportsfan
01-31-2017, 09:18 AM
"Set my expectations high" . If the SB is too high then thats why he got fired. He regressed to a .500 coach.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-31-2017, 09:18 AM
LMAO still not taking responsibility for anything amd the NYDN is playing right along.

The King
01-31-2017, 09:35 AM
I don't have any ill will towards the guy. He just didnt have control. I believe he wanted to win, he just didnt have the right model. Like I felt about Gailey and Jauron, they're not bad guys, they're just not good coaches.

Albany,n.y.
01-31-2017, 09:53 AM
He was right when he said on day one this would be his last NFL coaching gig. If he wants to be a head coach again, it will be at some small college.

OLDSRIP
01-31-2017, 10:06 AM
I can't stand guys like Rex.

All talk, then when things go bad.

They are the victim. Nothing is his fault.

Now he is another loud mouth on tv who I won't watch.

Novacane
01-31-2017, 10:13 AM
If anyone wants to f#*k me by giving me 15 million bucks to do nothing I'm willing!

Turf
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM
The guy was a lazy blabber mouth moron. Nough said.

SpikedLemonade
01-31-2017, 10:48 AM
I feel that many many City of Buffalo residents were ****ed out of a lot of chicken wings due to shortages caused by the Ryan Bros.

OpIv37
01-31-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't completely disagree with the sentiment that he got ****ed. We know what a dumpster fire this organization is right now.

That being said, Rex made plenty of mistakes on his own. No one was out to get him.

Mouldsie
01-31-2017, 11:43 AM
"The defensive coordinator quit"

No Rex, he didn't want to be micromanaged by you.
Of course, the Pegula's should not have tried to fix what wasn't broken.
And if the D had not regressed so badly he wouldn't have been canned.

But yes he's a victim.

bleve
01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
He never got a fair chance to do much of anything with the Bills despite the hope surrounding his arrival. Ryan didn't have a first or fourth-round pick in his first draft. His second draft included a first-rounder (Shaq Lawson) who missed the first six games this season recovering from surgery and a second-rounder (Reggie Ragland) who missed all of 2016 with a torn ACL.

Never got a fair chance?

He was handed the leagues 4th best Defense.

Mouldsie
01-31-2017, 11:54 AM
He asked for Lawson and Ragland too

feldspar
01-31-2017, 12:05 PM
I'd like to get ****ed too, if it meant getting around $16 million in free money.

It's a dream of mine to get ****ed in this fashion, in fact.

Anyone out there want to **** me like this? You know I'm game...;)

The King
01-31-2017, 12:09 PM
By the way anyone reminded of Chan's departure. Class.

Bill Cody
01-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Rex we can't miss you if you refuse to go away

Joe Fo Sho
01-31-2017, 12:18 PM

I will always like and respect Chan for the way that he left Buffalo. He was a class act, for sure.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Chan-Gaileys-statement/9e7ebe85-c07c-4f84-bdd8-cd0351136bf3

The first thing I want to say is thanks to the Bills organization, to Buddy (Nix) and Mr. Wilson for the opportunity. I understand this is a business. We didn’t get the job done. I’ve been called two other times to turn things around, was able to do it. I wasn’t able to get this one done soon enough, and I understand that completely.

I want to thank the fans. Great Buffalo fans, a great football town. These are loyal, loyal fans and I understand that. I think that the next staff will have a great opportunity for success and to make this another great football franchise.

This will probably be, and I say probably, but I think it will be the first place that’s ever fired me that I’ll pull for. Thank you.

Pretty much the same thing as what Rex is saying now. :rolleyes:

Captain gameboy
01-31-2017, 12:38 PM
There was a seminar for NFL coaches that discussed how many players you need on the field, how to value timeouts and how to get both offensive and defensive calls into your guys on time, without making them look like idiots.
Rex didn't attend.
He was busy attending the "how to add...and stuff like that," to every single comment seminar.

Should have never been hired.
A bad fit.
A figured out, extremely high risk defense.

Mouldsie
01-31-2017, 01:02 PM

Its too bad Chan never had a QB in his career

sukie
01-31-2017, 02:08 PM
I'd like to get ****ed too, if it meant getting around $16 million in free money.

It's a dream of mine to get ****ed in this fashion, in fact.

Anyone out there want to **** me like this? You know I'm game...;)
Very very short list of things I wouldn't do for 16 million. As long as it's legal and I won't die or be sick.

kingJofNYC
01-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Now he knows how we feel.

Dr. Lecter
01-31-2017, 02:31 PM
I have the exact opposite problem. :(

(before Op, Yardie, DB, Historian, Coastal, Spiked, JATM or somebody else says it)

feldspar
01-31-2017, 02:44 PM
Very very short list of things I wouldn't do for 16 million. As long as it's legal and I won't die or be sick.

I have a list, too

#1 on that list would be being fired for $16 million, without having to do nothing at all...that fantasy may keep me up at nights...it's a dream, not a slight.

I'd fight Mike Tyson for less than that. Or the most powerful man can punch me in the face, and I'll go down immediately. I'll take my chances there for a portion of that money, and I ain't hardly kidding.

As far as being ****ed is concerned, count me in...as long as the fella is clean and is relatively gentle...as you may have alluded to...I'm not THAT proud of a man...

Rex may want to complain to a wall about how he's been done wrong, but c'mon. He's set for life on the money he never worked for alone. He remains a Jets fan but not a Bills fan too.

Cry me a river.

Poor guy? No. Millions of reasons why...

YardRat
01-31-2017, 04:29 PM
He's a ****ing thief. He came in all wide-eyed with comments about Pegula's wealth, fleeced the owner for a small chunk of it, and is still talking about the money after his ass was booted out the door.

**** him. Hard and long.

swiper
01-31-2017, 05:15 PM
If the Ryans died tomorrow no one would shed a tear. Their father was the biggest idiot of all. They are merely offspring of the idiot. Call them idiot spooge.

Mace
01-31-2017, 05:19 PM
Very very short list of things I wouldn't do for 16 million.

Me too. Those cost $16,000,019.64 so I can get some snacks.

DynaPaul
01-31-2017, 05:32 PM
You know, I like Rex but despite what he says he is clearly bitter about being fired by the Pegulas. I just can't figure out why though because he should be gushing about having the opportunity and collecting $15M for nothing while he basically decimated the defense, made extravagant promises, and bumbled his way through another coaching gig making the same old mistakes that doomed him with the Jets. Furthermore, it's no secret that Idzik hung him out to dry the last 2 years with the Jets and he was not happy about the lack of support from the GM. Whaley, while being slightly incompetent, went out and got players that Rex wanted even getting him a QB that supplanted his golden boy EJ Manuel. So why the bad blood? It's an attitude like that which will ensure that he never gets another HC shot in the NFL. He could land a coordinator gig easily but honestly, the guy is just better suited for TV.

Mace
01-31-2017, 05:40 PM
why the bad blood? It's an attitude like that which will ensure that he never gets another HC shot in the NFL. He could land a coordinator gig easily but honestly, the guy is just better suited for TV.

Not really sure he will even do so well on TV. He's a stubborn, cranky little kid of a blowhard with delusions of grandeur. He might not even be able to shrink his self image far enough for TV, besides a syndicated show or something where he can do and say what he wants when he wants. Like Celebrity Apprentice or something.

Homegrown
01-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Yet....he still cashed the paycheck. ...a man of true conviction

Mike13
01-31-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm glad my team effectively ended his coaching career.

feldspar
01-31-2017, 07:53 PM
He's a ****ing thief. He came in all wide-eyed with comments about Pegula's wealth, fleeced the owner for a small chunk of it, and is still talking about the money after his ass was booted out the door.

**** him. Hard and long.

Not to mention the fact that he was responsible for giving me a gay avatar, as well as downsizing my original...

stuckincincy
01-31-2017, 09:00 PM
Rex doesn't wish the Bills luck:

..."I don't wish them (the Bills) bad will," Ryan said, via the New York Daily News. "I don't. But I don't wish them luck, either. I'll be honest: I don't wish them good luck. I don't wish them bad luck. I just don't wish them luck. I wish the Jets luck."...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781263/article/rex-ryan-on-buffalo-bills-i-dont-wish-them-luck

OpIv37
01-31-2017, 09:16 PM
If the Ryans died tomorrow no one would shed a tear. Their father was the biggest idiot of all. They are merely offspring of the idiot. Call them idiot spooge.

Hey, their father punched Kevin Gilbride in the face, on TV, in front of 80,000 people. That's enough good karma to make up for a lot of bad deeds.

stuckincincy
01-31-2017, 09:39 PM
I remember that. Buddy thought that Gilbrides' zany offensive play calls were making his players face excess time on the field, and exposure to injury...IIRC.

Mace
02-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Hey, their father punched Kevin Gilbride in the face, on TV, in front of 80,000 people. That's enough good karma to make up for a lot of bad deeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbGIDdSLVI

Turf
02-01-2017, 09:05 PM
I always knew Rex was a blubber mouth POS. He literally conned Pegula and Brandon out of 27.5 million, plus the damage he did. He couldn't even work a full day. Not to mention he got his dumb ass brother a payday, whatever that was. Literally the most shameful coach ever to coach the Bills. I can't think of a coach with less character and work ethic.

BertSquirtgum
02-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Interesting.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rex-ryan-nfl-future-tired-f-ked-article-1.2960277?utm_content=bufferbaab0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

What a clown and a terrible head coach.

swiper
02-04-2017, 05:31 AM
What a clown and a terrible head coach.

Pegula should have never hired him in the first place.

SpikedLemonade
02-04-2017, 05:47 AM
Pegula should have never hired him in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwcVJMvVWDA

sudzy
02-04-2017, 06:14 AM
never mind