PDA

View Full Version : Bills want ROMO per Jason LaConfora LOL

DesertFox24
02-02-2017, 05:20 PM
I saw bills have significant interest in Romo, which is bad idea by the way (you think sammy hurt all the time). I then saw the article was from that A$$ hat laconfora and decided I do not even need to read the article it is pure BS and him throwing feces at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That guy has to be the worst of the worst how he gets paid to write these articles is something else.

swiper
02-02-2017, 05:25 PM
What if the Minnesota Vikings get some good news on Teddy Bridgewater's return (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/speculation-that-teddy-bridgewater-will-miss-2017-is-off-the-mark/)?

Sam Bradford was the #6 QB in the NFL in QB rating. He had the best completion percentage in the entire NFL.

His stats: http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2

Would you, as a Bills fan, embrace having him as the starter?

feldspar
02-02-2017, 06:04 PM
The thing about Jason La Canfora is that you can never tell if he's looking at the situation straight-on with his good eye, or looking at it with the lazy eye at a 45-degree angle.

Can't tell about the perspective...

Mr. Miyagi
02-02-2017, 06:16 PM
LaCanfora is a total hack. He throws crap against the wall all the time. Any moron could do his job as good as him.

DesertFox24
02-02-2017, 07:02 PM
I would take teddy bridgewater I liked him college. Sam I am not sure on but I would take him over romo due to age and his injuries were not to shoulder or back or neck. Please correct me if I am wrong

Skooby
02-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Teddy may not ever be right, just like Romo at 37 years old.

OpIv37
02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Romo would be a huge mistake.

Mace
02-02-2017, 08:30 PM
The thing about Jason La Canfora is that you can never tell if he's looking at the situation straight-on with his good eye, or looking at it with the lazy eye at a 45-degree angle.

Can't tell about the perspective...

You wee rascal you !

WagonCircler
02-02-2017, 09:30 PM
I would take teddy bridgewater I liked him college. Sam I am not sure on but I would take him over romo due to age and his injuries were not to shoulder or back or neck. Please correct me if I am wrong

Teddy Bridgewater will never play again.

Mr. Pink
02-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I forgot who it was but I heard on GR about a week ago that Bridgewater will be out for the entire 2017 season.

Someone called in talking about Bradford and acquiring him.

Mace
02-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I think I'm getting more convinced they're going to hang on to Taylor if they think it means they're competitive, or if they get rid of him Pegulas will sign off on their perception of the tank and get Hoyer or something.

WagonCircler
02-02-2017, 11:45 PM
I forgot who it was but I heard on GR about a week ago that Bridgewater will be out for the entire 2017 season.

Someone called in talking about Bradford and acquiring him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-teddy-bridgewater-likely-to-miss-entire-2017-season/

Missing two full seasons from one injury. He's done.

By all accounts, the injury was horrifying. Grown men were crying and vomiting on the field.

Skooby
02-03-2017, 03:10 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-teddy-bridgewater-likely-to-miss-entire-2017-season/

Missing two full seasons from one injury. He's done.

By all accounts, the injury was horrifying. Grown men were crying and vomiting on the field.
His left leg separated at the knee, its nearly incomprehensible.

swiper
02-03-2017, 04:38 AM

My post (#2) was based on the report that that is wrong.

A league source with direct knowledge of the situation called speculation that Bridgewater likely will miss all of 2017 not credible.

After those reportedly false reports came out recently that Bridgewater would not ply in 2017 came out, this came out:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/speculation-that-teddy-bridgewater-will-miss-2017-is-off-the-mark/

Supposing that is true, the Vikings wouldn't want to pay Bradford. He had sneakily competent numbers in 2016. And wouldn't mind seeing him in red, white & blue.

DraftBoy
02-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Adding Bradford or Romo is all about winning now. If that's the strategy the Bills wish to employ then I'm curious to see how what that will mean in the draft and FA.

coastal
02-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Hell yeah you bring him in.

wtf else r u going do?

play one of the athletic QBs who can't throw?

Night Train
02-03-2017, 06:52 AM
LaConfora = " Lynn is a virtual lock ! "

It's agent talk, which is baseless 99 % of the time.

k-oneputt
02-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Lynn was a lock until Whaley screwed it up.

Bill Cody
02-03-2017, 08:58 AM
I still can't see Romo being traded with that contract. If he's released, sure sign him. It might be a fun 4 games.

djjimkelly
02-03-2017, 09:01 AM
im still for a drafted qb to be groomed and eventually be our main man. however........ if getting romo is what it takes to get rid of tyrod sign me up

sukie
02-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Romo isn't going to play outdoors for 8 extra games a year. Houston or Arizona.

OpIv37
02-03-2017, 09:58 AM

wtf else r u going do?

What else are we going to do? Lose.

Romo's better than what we have but he's not great and he's constantly injured. And even if he miraculously gets us to the playoffs or even within striking distance, he's a choke artist in big games. And even if he plays well, he's 37 so it's a 2 year stopgap at best. But

So either we lose without Romo or lose slightly less with Romo and hose the cap in the process. I hate to say it but the QB we need simply isn't available to us.

Skooby
02-03-2017, 10:10 AM

Romo's better than what we have but he's not great and he's constantly injured. And even if he miraculously gets us to the playoffs or even within striking distance, he's a choke artist in big games. And even if he plays well, he's 37 so it's a 2 year stopgap at best. But

So either we lose without Romo or lose slightly less with Romo and hose the cap in the process. I hate to say it but the QB we need simply isn't available to us.
Could you imagine if Romo took the Bills to the Super Bowl versus Dallas ?? That'd be a story line for the ages, seriously it'd be the drama the NFL is looking for. Talk about a tag line, that being said / end dreams.

Thurmal
02-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Romo's better than what we have but he's not great and he's constantly injured. And even if he miraculously gets us to the playoffs or even within striking distance, he's a choke artist in big games.

Do you think Romo's choking history combined with the Bills' choking history could possibly cancel each other out and lead to greatness? Like when you multiply two negative numbers? Something to ponder.

OpIv37
02-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Could you imagine if Romo took the Bills to the Super Bowl versus Dallas ?? That'd be a story line for the ages, seriously it'd be the drama the NFL is looking for. Talk about a tag line, that being said / end dreams.

Yeah I'll imagine it while I imagine winning the lottery and having a threesome with supermodels while the '91 Bills team walks through my house and autographs all my Bills merch because all of those things are about as likely to actually happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think Romo's choking history combined with the Bills' choking history could possibly cancel each other out and lead to greatness? Like when you multiply two negative numbers? Something to ponder.
Ha that made me laugh.

DesertFox24
02-03-2017, 10:50 AM
You may be right I would like to the think the bills would be allowed to view him in a workout or get a medical opinion before making a move. That said if he can play again I would be happy with that move.

Zero
02-03-2017, 11:57 AM
LaCanfora is a total hack. He throws crap against the wall all the time. Any moron could do his job as good as him.

LaConfora's track record is spotty at best

Night Train
02-03-2017, 12:29 PM
He'd come here wanting a whirlpool bonus.

swiper
02-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Romo isn't going to play outdoors for 8 extra games a year. Houston or Arizona.

Agreed. You thought he was fragile playing in Dallas? Just put him in Orchard Park in December.

DesertFox24
02-03-2017, 01:07 PM
To get Romo would be worst move possible in my opinion. His age, cap hit, injury history.

Now if Rex was the coach still I could see it as a last ditch effort to get to the playoffs but with new coach no way. This is equivalent to Lynn will be the coach just a formality crap LaConfora keeps getting paid to write.

Fixxxer
02-03-2017, 04:10 PM

wtf else r u going do?

Exactly, he plays we're good, he gets injured and we're the same as we are right now.

sudzy
02-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Tony Romo is the guy you trade for after you admit your scouting staff has no shot of ever drafting a good QB.

DynaPaul
02-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Romo will work out just like Bledsoe did.

Luisito23
02-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Romo will work out just like Bledsoe did.

Nope, because Bledsoe actually lasted more than a month.

OpIv37
02-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Nope, because Bledsoe actually lasted more than a month.

There were two good things about Bledsoe: he had a cannon on the long ball and he NEVER got hurt. I don't see that happening with Romo.

YardRat
02-03-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't see Romo anywhere except for Denver or Houston. Northern cities are out (unless it's a dome) and so are losers (San Fran, Buffalo, NY Jets).

SpikedLemonade
02-03-2017, 07:20 PM
What a desperate conversation.....

YardRat
02-03-2017, 07:41 PM
What a desperate conversation.....

He's not going to be playing for the Saskatoon Rough Riders, the MooseJaw Rough Riders, or the Sherbrooke Rough Riders either.