PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod the Cry-baby

swiper
02-04-2017, 04:32 PM
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0619306921358266563-4

Dear TT, you stunk. For two years. Get over it. They took it easy on you.

YardRat
02-04-2017, 05:01 PM
They are a negative group for the most part. But, to be fair, it's not like the professional teams have given the media much positive material to write about in quite awhile.

Mouldsie
02-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Stunk is a strong take.

9th in the NFL in Offensive Points Per Drive
25 points per game
95 rating
68 QBR
37:12 TD/INT ratio

All franchise bests since Jim Kelly era and mostly without his top WR.
I am someone who is pretty neutral about bringing him back or not.... but he's a solid player.

DynaPaul
02-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Renegotiating and starting Tyrod next year is a no brainer. But hey, who am I to say? Whaley has been perfect!

Thurmal
02-04-2017, 05:42 PM
You had the #1 rushing attack both years you started, play defenses that stack the box every game, and still struggle to throw for 200 yards.

Mace
02-04-2017, 05:45 PM
They are a negative group for the most part. But, to be fair, it's not like the professional teams have given the media much positive material to write about in quite awhile.

Yeah, I don't buy into calling them negative for having to report mostly negative things. When my life was falling apart back when, the negative was hardly a choice and ignoring it in favor of the positive wasn't even sensible. "Well, I might be homeless tomorrow with about 30 cents in my pocket, but I found my old gym bag to put some of a lifetimes worth of possessions into that I can carry with me out onto the street while I'm looking for a way to survive !" Nah, it was gloomy, and if anyone had criticized me for being gloomy on that day for failing to appreciate finding a gym bag to go homeless with...well, I'd have made them a lot gloomier.

The team did some good things against bad teams, and had some moments against better teams. But in the games I watched, which was all of them, they were obviously not going to be able to compete with the big kids again, again being a very long time now. Taylor has obvious issues as a passer, and unless he ignores his own tape when he's supposed to be doing film review, he has to know it.

In the end, if the media reports more bad things than good ones, it's because the bad eclipses the good, which sounds about right to me watching the team this year. Does that make the media negative or honest ? I'd say honest. News and events are negative, or positive. The people that report them, well, report them because they are news and events without regard to whether they are good or not. It amazes me that some people forget that's the way it's supposed to be. Life isn't tailored for personal harmony. I suppose that's negative too.

YardRat
02-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I don't buy into calling them negative for having to report mostly negative things. When my life was falling apart back when, the negative was hardly a choice and ignoring it in favor of the positive wasn't even sensible. "Well, I might be homeless tomorrow with about 30 cents in my pocket, but I found my old gym bag to put some of a lifetimes worth of possessions into that I can carry with me out onto the street while I'm looking for a way to survive !" Nah, it was gloomy, and if anyone had criticized me for being gloomy on that day for failing to appreciate finding a gym bag to go homeless with...well, I'd have made them a lot gloomier.

The team did some good things against bad teams, and had some moments against better teams. But in the games I watched, which was all of them, they were obviously not going to be able to compete with the big kids again, again being a very long time now. Taylor has obvious issues as a passer, and unless he ignores his own tape when he's supposed to be doing film review, he has to know it.

In the end, if the media reports more bad things than good ones, it's because the bad eclipses the good, which sounds about right to me watching the team this year. Does that make the media negative or honest ? I'd say honest. News and events are negative, or positive. The people that report them, well, report them because they are news and events without regard to whether they are good or not. It amazes me that some people forget that's the way it's supposed to be. Life isn't tailored for personal harmony. I suppose that's negative too.
Probably because I remember back in the good days the media was still negative. Slapping the team with the 'Bickering Bills', Dickerson basically running guys like Parker out of town.

I don't blame them for being mostly negative for quite awhile, I've already pointed out there hasn't been much success to slobber over, but writing negative opinions when things obviously aren't the best is pretty much lazy, going for the low-hanging fruit. Sullivan, and others, are pretty much slinging dirt...pretty easy digging. As Ted Knight said in Caddyshack "The world needs ditch diggers too, son", but it would be nice to see somebody understand that if you dig in the right place you might find some gold, instead of just moving dirt.

djjimkelly
02-04-2017, 10:09 PM
You had the #1 rushing attack both years you started, play defenses that stack the box every game, and still struggle to throw for 200 yards.

and have never thrown for 300 in a passing league where top qbs throw for 5000 a season

Ingtar33
02-04-2017, 10:35 PM

take his 500-600 yards rushing out of the equation and our rushing attack was middle of the road.

and have never thrown for 300 in a passing league where top qbs throw for 5000 a season

he did throw a 300 yard passing game, against the dolphins. Actually the offense rolled up huge numbers against the fins plus 30+ points and we still lost.

stuckincincy
02-04-2017, 11:13 PM
take his 500-600 yards rushing out of the equation and our rushing attack was middle of the road.

he did throw a 300 yard passing game, against the dolphins. Actually the offense rolled up huge numbers against the fins plus 30+ points and we still lost.

He plays like most collegiate QBs do. He's not a bum. He tries, but...

Thurmal
02-04-2017, 11:36 PM

LeSean McCoy is a top-5 (probably top-3) back, and Gillislee led the league in YPC. No way that is "middle of the road."

Ingtar33
02-05-2017, 12:11 AM
you're right, we're a pretty good rushing attack, though I think a lot of it was helped by how much of the defense key'ed on TT. Taylor really kept the defense honest and helped open a lot of holes for our backs. You can't really extrapolate how the rushing attack would change without him out there, but I suspect it would take a bit of a hit.

kishoph
02-05-2017, 07:51 AM

Take out Taylor's 580 yds. rushing yards and the Bills are 3rd in rushing yards, not quite "middle of the road". Take away Taylor's 6 rushing TD's and the Bills are 2nd in rushing TD's, 1 behind Dallas at #1. BTW Dallas's QB Dak Prescott also had 6 rushing TD's, so the Bills had 5 more rushing TD's than any other team if you take QB's out of the equation. Again, not quite "middle of the road".

kingJofNYC
02-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Tyrod is a numbers changer when you key up your run D, always have to account for him on option plays, we can leave a defender unblocked but Tyrod would effectively block him because said defender had to stay home. Our run game was good last season, no question Tyrod enhanced it.

Mouldsie
02-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Take out Taylor's 580 yds. rushing yards and the Bills are 3rd in rushing yards, not quite "middle of the road". Take away Taylor's 6 rushing TD's and the Bills are 2nd in rushing TD's, 1 behind Dallas at #1. BTW Dallas's QB Dak Prescott also had 6 rushing TD's, so the Bills had 5 more rushing TD's than any other team if you take QB's out of the equation. Again, not quite "middle of the road".

Doesn't account for the effect on the D

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 02:13 PM
So what accounts for the Falcons being 1st in rushing with Vick in 2006, when he ran for 1000 yards, to 2 years later with Matt Ryan running for 100 and being 2nd in rushing?

A QB who can throw the ball also opens up running lanes because D's cannot stack the box on every play and have to actually play a safety high.

People say all this stuff about how Tyrod makes the running game so much better because he can run than what a passing QB can do. Problem is there are plenty of teams who have QBs who can throw the ball and their running games don't suffer because of it.

Hell, Atlanta had the number 3 pass offense this year and still had the number 5 rush offense.

Here's what Colin Kaepernick did this year, by the way, since people love mocking him while praising Tyrod.

16 TDs 4 INTs 187 yards a game passing, 468 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 11 games and his team had the 4th rated rushing
offense.

Looks a lot like someone we know around here...doesn't it? Just sayin'

BertSquirtgum
02-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Tyrod sucks. Trade the 3rd round pick this year for Tony Romo.

djjimkelly
02-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Tyrod sucks. Trade the 3rd round pick this year for Tony Romo.

im torn on that id rather spend that 3rd on chad kelly

Mace
02-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Probably because I remember back in the good days the media was still negative. Slapping the team with the 'Bickering Bills', Dickerson basically running guys like Parker out of town.

I don't blame them for being mostly negative for quite awhile, I've already pointed out there hasn't been much success to slobber over, but writing negative opinions when things obviously aren't the best is pretty much lazy, going for the low-hanging fruit. Sullivan, and others, are pretty much slinging dirt...pretty easy digging. As Ted Knight said in Caddyshack "The world needs ditch diggers too, son", but it would be nice to see somebody understand that if you dig in the right place you might find some gold, instead of just moving dirt.

They WERE the bickering Bills, have admitted it themselves, and Buffalo isn't a big enough place for their outside antics to be missed.

News is reporting. They were slinging dirt, because, well you saw the dirt all over the place yourself. Everyone did. Not reporting it would be ridiculous.

So in your view they should have ignored the low hanging obvious fruit to reach up and get you some irrelevant peaches and cream for another middlin' Rex Ryan team that you saw yourself, a team on such a long run of feeble ?

Nah. You can't expect the media to ignore the obvious to serve you up some improbable sunshine, that's just being hungry for happy happy joy joy propaganda.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 06:20 PM
So what accounts for the Falcons being 1st in rushing with Vick in 2006, when he ran for 1000 yards, to 2 years later with Matt Ryan running for 100 and being 2nd in rushing?

A QB who can throw the ball also opens up running lanes because D's cannot stack the box on every play and have to actually play a safety high.

People say all this stuff about how Tyrod makes the running game so much better because he can run than what a passing QB can do. Problem is there are plenty of teams who have QBs who can throw the ball and their running games don't suffer because of it.

Hell, Atlanta had the number 3 pass offense this year and still had the number 5 rush offense.

Here's what Colin Kaepernick did this year, by the way, since people love mocking him while praising Tyrod.

16 TDs 4 INTs 187 yards a game passing, 468 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 11 games and his team had the 4th rated rushing
offense.

Looks a lot like someone we know around here...doesn't it? Just sayin'

Wow. Kap blows and everyone knows it. I was leaning toward them keeping TT too. Not so sure now.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Wow. Kap blows and everyone knows it. I was leaning toward them keeping TT too. Not so sure now.

They're the exact same player. Except Kaep has actually taken his team to not only the playoffs but a Superbowl.

Don't worry, you'll hear people ridicule me for this viewpoint and ridicule Kaep while saying the Bills should keep Tyrod for 27m a year.

Bill Cody
02-07-2017, 09:52 AM
If Tyrod Taylor could throw better he'd be Russell Wilson. Course if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.