PDA

View Full Version : That's two SB the opponents gave to the Patriots.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Don't get me wrong. They are a great team and made the plays but all ATL had to do was run the ball on the play that Ryan fumbled and they win that game. Even if they didn't get the first down. Then Shanahan gets a second chance thanks to Julio Jones and the moron calls another pass in FG range. If it wasn't the Patriots benefiting from it I'd be lmao at the Falcons stupidity!

This is far worse than the Russel Wilson pass on first and goal in their last SB. Oh well. Congrats Patriots. You took advantage of what was given to you.

Turf
02-05-2017, 09:54 PM
All Atlanta had to do was 3 run times a kick a FG. Or Ryan doesn't take the sack. Really dumb play calling. Atlanta did this to themselves. I was looking for Rex on the sideline.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 09:56 PM
They had the game won when Julio Jones made that incredible catch around the 20.

Their playcalling pissed away a Super Bowl. All they had to do was run three times up the middle. Take the FG, take an 11 point lead and win.

Turf
02-05-2017, 10:00 PM
They had the game won when Julio Jones made that incredible catch around the 20.

Their playcalling pissed away a Super Bowl. All they had to do was run three times up the middle. Take the FG, take an 11 point lead and win.

No doubt. Horrible play calling.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 10:05 PM
All Atlanta had to do was 3 run times a kick a FG. Or Ryan doesn't take the sack. Really dumb play calling. Atlanta did this to themselves. I was looking for Rex on the sideline.

lmao.

psubills62
02-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Yeah, they needed to run the ball when they were in FG range at the end. Why are you passing it? There is zero reason to pass it. Kick a FG and you've essentially locked it up. Really, really, really stupid. Heck, at the very least just throw an incomplete pass or dump it down to a RB for a yard or two.

Turf
02-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Seattle and Atlanta literally just handed NE two Super Bowls when they were beat. Why do these coaches get so stupid.

Zero
02-05-2017, 11:03 PM
No doubt. Horrible play calling.

This will haunt this team longer than our missed field goal in the super bowl

Luisito23
02-06-2017, 01:26 AM
This will haunt this team longer than our missed field goal in the super bowl

This is definitely worst...

For being the dumb ass losers that they are, I hope they never recover from this.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-06-2017, 04:01 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but my recollection is that New England had absolutely NO ANSWER for the falcons running game? so WHY THE **** DO YOU DROP BACK 9 BILLION TIMES WHEN PROTECTING A LEAD IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

i swear this is buffalo bills logic

TacklingDummy
02-06-2017, 04:06 AM
All Scott Norwood had to do was kick the ball down the middle.

Thurmal4lifeyo
02-06-2017, 04:46 AM
Brady's arm was dead. Just one of those days, it happens sometimes to old QB's. Ball wasn't coming out anything like it did against Pit. So the deep ball was out and so were any hard outs. There were a handful of awful drops by their WR's, Brady threw a pick 6, the kicker doinked an XP, they had a lot of trouble protecting brady for a few quarters, Freeman and Julio really couldn't be stopped.....how in the world did the pats win this game?!?!?!?! Gotta be more of a choke-job than an perfectly executed comeback. Respect the Pats anyhow, but yikes Atl.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 06:07 AM
Kind of ironic that Wrecks was pretty much a given to go to Atlanta two seasons ago, until they dragged their feet a little, Brandon popped a boner and bought him for Buffalo...and they figuratively end up with him anyway in the biggest game of the year. Isn't it?

Historian
02-06-2017, 06:09 AM
"So git ready, 'cause we're goin!"

Mahdi
02-06-2017, 07:14 AM
This just shows that there are just too many bad coaches in the NFL which is contributing to Brady/Belichick legacy.

The Falcons destroyed the Pats yesterday and the only thing that kept them alive was worse play-calling than the Seattle non-Lynch call.

How the Falcons could call a pass play on 3-1 from the 20 already up 8 points late in the 4th is beyond comprehension.

How could a HC allow that to happen? It's beyond belief and the Falcons deserved to lose for actually being that collectively stupid.

The King
02-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Hopefully McDermott took notes. You dont get cute against the Pats.

Zero
02-06-2017, 08:31 AM
All Scott Norwood had to do was kick the ball down the middle.

Its been overstated that Norwood's kick was hardly a "gimme". It was his longest kick of the year on grass and on he game's biggest stage to boot. The Bills didn't choke- they were outplayed

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Its been overstated that Norwood's kick was hardly a "gimme". It was his longest kick of the year on grass and on he game's biggest stage to boot. The Bills didn't choke- they were outplayed

Norwood didn't have a big leg, accurate but not powerful. If that's 5 yards closer I think he makes it. That's why it was worth the gamble in my mind to run one more play with 6 seconds left to get those 5 yards. I felt at the time Norwood was going to miss it. He's probably 1 for 3 from 48 yards on grass, leaving aside the massive pressure. Add the pressure maybe 1 for 4 from that spot.

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 09:28 AM
This just shows that there are just too many bad coaches in the NFL which is contributing to Brady/Belichick legacy.

The Falcons destroyed the Pats yesterday and the only thing that kept them alive was worse play-calling than the Seattle non-Lynch call.

How the Falcons could call a pass play on 3-1 from the 20 already up 8 points late in the 4th is beyond comprehension.

How could a HC allow that to happen? It's beyond belief and the Falcons deserved to lose for actually being that collectively stupid.

It's the pressure of the moment in a SB. Doubt any of us have any remote idea what that pressure can do to players and coaches. Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn are two of the brightest and best coaches in the league. Quinn turned around the Falcons in 2 years to come one or 2 plays away from the title and Carroll was 1 play away from going back to back. Yeah both guys choked. It happens in that game. A lot.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-06-2017, 10:14 AM
The Patriots make other teams stupid and they've been doing it for decades now.

Marlon McCree picks off a pass on 4th down instead of swatting it, then he gives up a fumble and the Pats get the ball back.
Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb run a 4 minute offense when they are down by 2 scores
The Carolina Panthers kick the ball out of bounds after tying the game
Rex calls a timeout and costs the Ravens a chance at upsetting the undefeated Pats

And so on

Albany,n.y.
02-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Anyone who thinks Brady wasn't coming back from an 11 point deficit hasn't seen Brady or is too blinded by Patriot hatred to deal with the fact Atlanta was trying to score a TD since they knew 3:30 was too much time to think about going up by only 11. The Patriots still had 3 time outs & a 2 minute T.O. during that Atlanta drive.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Anyone who thinks Brady wasn't coming back from an 11 point deficit hasn't seen Brady or is too blinded by Patriot hatred to deal with the fact Atlanta was trying to score a TD since they knew 3:30 was too much time to think about going up by only 11. The Patriots still had 3 time outs & a 2 minute T.O. during that Atlanta drive.
Making it a 2 possession game with less than 4 minutes left is a game changer, considering Brady couldn't go deep at all. Plus, Atlanta was constantly snapping the ball with chunks of time on the play clock.

Thurmal
02-06-2017, 11:02 AM
That is a franchise-killing loss. If they didn't just build a new stadium, I would predict that they would move within 10 years. Good Lord.

Zero
02-06-2017, 11:11 AM

The one thing Belichick and Brady couldn't control as the clock. Atlanta SHOULD have chosen to run the ball, forcing NE to burn through their time outs, and then kick a field goal to extend the deficit. Brady would have the tall order of scoring 8 points in the shortest amount of time realistically possible (1-2 minutes max) which would leave NE with about 2 minutes of clock time plus the 2 min warning. NE would need to try an onside's kick and if ATL were to have recovered it (highly likely) they could essentially run out the clock or leave Brady very little time to get in field goal range with zero TO's. Too many variables and obstacles there to overcome - even for the Pats.

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 11:16 AM
That is a franchise-killing loss. If they didn't just build a new stadium, I would predict that they would move within 10 years. Good Lord.

Or it's a learning experience and next time they win. They have a young team. How they react to this is up to them.

swiper
02-06-2017, 12:48 PM
The Patriots make other teams stupid and they've been doing it for decades now.

Marlon McCree picks off a pass on 4th down instead of swatting it, then he gives up a fumble and the Pats get the ball back.
Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb run a 4 minute offense when they are down by 2 scores
The Carolina Panthers kick the ball out of bounds after tying the game
Rex calls a timeout and costs the Ravens a chance at upsetting the undefeated Pats

And so on

Or... it's all fixed.

swiper
02-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Making it a 2 possession game with less than 4 minutes left is a game changer, considering Brady couldn't go deep at all. Plus, Atlanta was constantly snapping the ball with chunks of time on the play clock.

Can't imagine what Brady would have done if he had a real deep threat (ala Randy Moss) and Gronk in the line-up. Game was closer than it should have been because all he had was midget slot receivers or rookies.

Homegrown
02-06-2017, 01:21 PM
It never fails to amaze me, how coaches making millions of $'s, who apparently live & breathe football 24/7, make the dumbest decisions.

Reminds me of SB49, Seattle 2nd and Goal to go ...26 seconds left to play with 2 time outs ...Lynch in the backfield.... WTF!

IlluminatusUIUC
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Can't imagine what Brady would have done if he had a real deep threat (ala Randy Moss) and Gronk in the line-up. Game was closer than it should have been because all he had was midget slot receivers or rookies.
Well for some reason they listed Michael Floyd as inactive. He also had Martellus Bennett and 3 good running backs.

The score was close because the Pats were the ones making mistakes in the first half. They came back when the Falcons started making them.

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Well for some reason they listed Michael Floyd as inactive.

Floyd let a pass clank off his hands against Houston that was picked, that was it for him. He was inactive against Pitt also. My guess is NE won't resign him, they'll take the comp pick.

Discotrish
02-07-2017, 03:35 PM

I thought we had enough time to run another play and get a little closer. I didn't feel it was in his range.

Also we wasted about 30 seconds at the end of the first half, just took a knee and headed for the locker room.

Patti