PDA

View Full Version : What's worse?

Novacane
02-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Wide right or this Falcons choke job? I know how sick I was at wide right but I think this would of hurt more if it happened to the Bills. That game was in the bag. I would of been popping the champagne if the Bills had that lead. I'd of been buying my ticket to head to Buffalo for the parade. You almost have to try and lose when you have that kind of lead. Even against Tom Brady. I feel bad for the Falcons fans but not the team.

Historian
02-06-2017, 08:32 AM
I feel bad for Levitre.

Skooby
02-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Atlanta figured they had won it and didn't simply close the game out with a FG, why run right ?

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 09:09 AM
The NFL is different now. It's almost like the NBA, no lead is truly safe. Brady never gives up. But in my mind the strip sack/fumble by Hightower on Ryan at 28-12 gave NE life and ATL seemed to tighten up. That's where the Patriots experience came into play. Atlanta expended such huge energy to get that lead they seemed gassed in the 4th quarter, Brady had time to throw. And their coaches messed up by not just running 3 times 1st and 10 at the 22, a FG there makes it a 2 score game with 3 mins left. But to be fair that game is so hard to play, I think Atlanta will learn from that. Atlanta had just been crushing everyone that they had trouble dealing with a team coming back on them. Don't forget NE has had a couple trips to the Bowl that they didn't have their A game and lost in crushing fashion at the end, the stakes are off the charts in the SB and pressure breaks pipes.

But that is a young Falcons team and well coached, I expect they will be back. It took some good adjustments at the half by Bellichick and a great 2nd half from Brady to beat them and even then NE needed 5 or 6 plays to go their way to complete the comeback. I know most here are just blinded by hate/jealousy of NE to see that that game was kind of why we all watch sports, no script, anything can happen. I was completely relaxed watching that game, why should I gnash teeth over it? If the Bills were playing, totally different story.

On a side note, whatever you think of Brady, Goodell is such a dick. You could see he had a plan to be seen shaking hands with Brady on the sidelines so he hunted him down after the game, that was obviously not sincere congratulations, just checking a box.

But at least Buffalo pinned 1 of the 2 losses on NE, even if it was against their 3rd stringer playing with a broken finger so we have that going for us.

The Beef
02-06-2017, 09:53 AM
I'd have to say the Falcons choke job. 25 point lead with 23 minutes to play. Had to give up two 2 point conversions, lost 23 yards to fall out of a field goal range that would've all but ended the game.

I'd actually put Wide Right as the 3rd worst SB loss at this point.

The Pats losing their undefeated season has to be up there in the top 2 IMO.

5 other rings helps soothe that a bit though I'm sure.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Wide Right was just a last gasp attempt to win a Super Bowl where we had generally been outplayed.

This was an utter collapse. A 90 minute horror show of mistake after **** up after bad decision.

swiper
02-06-2017, 12:50 PM
The Bills still haven't won a SB.

The Jokeman
02-06-2017, 01:41 PM
The Bills still haven't won a SB.

And neither have the Falcons nor Vikings nor countless other teams.

Zero
02-06-2017, 02:08 PM
I think that's an easy question. SB LI without a doubt is the biggest downer of them all. Think about: the Pats didn't score their first TD until 3 min left in the Q3. For almost 75% of the game the Falcon fans thought this was their game only to see it slowly slip away. Just a brutal way to lose.

I don't think Norwood's miss even deserves to be in the top 5 conversation. There have been far worse in the last 15 years IMHO.

swiper
02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
And neither have the Falcons nor Vikings nor countless other teams.

But I don't root for those teams. Follow?