PDA

View Full Version : **** football.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 09:56 PM
**** Brady. **** Bellicheck. **** the Patriots.

**** Ryan and the Falcons for an epic choke job that defies even Buffalo's prowess for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope the Falcons go 0-16 every year for the rest of my life.

I wish football in general and Bills football in particular wasn't in my blood, because i really want to throw out all my football merch and get a new ****ing hobby.

YardRat
02-05-2017, 10:00 PM
I feel your pain.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm not jealous.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 10:10 PM
NFL isn't fun anymore. When the team you love sucks ass for 17 years and the team you hate wins the SB every other year why keep doing it? Brady is not slowing down. It will be another 3 years minimum before we have any hope.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not jealous.

I'm not either. Just at the point where I don't care much.

Crisis
02-05-2017, 10:11 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson was drafted, played his career, and was inducted into the HOF all after the last time we made the playoffs.

I hate that I love this team.

Mace
02-05-2017, 10:11 PM
You know, I'm just happy I saw such a great game. This one will go down over the years as amazing. And for this moment in time, I got to see it. If I make it 5 more years, I still got to see it. Hell of a game.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-05-2017, 10:12 PM
For all the **** Brady and hoodie took for supporting Trump, I'm glad they won. There I said it. **** those liberal bastards.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 10:14 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson was drafted, played his career, and was inducted into the HOF all after the last time we made the playoffs.

I hate that I love this team.

Me too! I wish I could stop caring but I don't know that I ever will. I should stop talking to my dad. When I was 6 he was offered a job in TX and a job in Buffalo. He chose Buffalo :mad:

Novacane
02-05-2017, 10:15 PM
For all the **** Brady and hoodie took for supporting Trump, I'm glad they won. There I said it. **** those liberal bastards.

That does take some of the sting away :snicker:

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm not jealous.
Me neither. I'm bitter. There's a difference.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Uhhh Trump won Georgia and lost Mass. Just sayin'

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 10:19 PM
You know, I'm just happy I saw such a great game. This one will go down over the years as amazing. And for this moment in time, I got to see it. If I make it 5 more years, I still got to see it. Hell of a game.

Exactly how I feel about the NFL now.

I watch games to be entertained. It matters little to me who wins or loses anymore. I'd like the Browns and Bills to be relevant again, don't get me wrong but I laugh off their mediocrity or outright ineptitude. Give me games, with any teams, that have star players and competitive games and I'm good to go.

Watching Brady is fun. It makes you realize how far away your team is when he pulls off something like tonight. Does it somewhat suck that he plays for New England? Well yeah but that doesn't take away from the fact he's an obvious top 3 all time NFL QB.

More people should just enjoy the fact that we have the privilege to watch guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Gronk, etc... over the past decade. These guys are all superb athletes and entertainers and at the end of the day, the NFL is all about entertainment.

It beats the alternative of being PO'd that Sammy Watkins is made of glass or that Russ Brandon is the devil incarnate.

Mace
02-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Me neither. I'm bitter. There's a difference.

I can't be, I went through that when we were in them. I'm not real sure anyone will see a title game like that again in their lifetime. Well, the Pats won, but hey, they didn't coast to it, they took that game. I wish we had those players and that coaching, we don't, but oh that was one amazing game.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2017, 10:23 PM

I watch games to be entertained. It matters little to me who wins or loses anymore. I'd like the Browns and Bills to be relevant again, don't get me wrong but I laugh off their mediocrity or outright ineptitude. Give me games, with any teams, that have star players and competitive games and I'm good to go.

Watching Brady is fun. It makes you realize how far away your team is when he pulls off something like tonight. Does it somewhat suck that he plays for New England? Well yeah but that doesn't take away from the fact he's an obvious top 3 all time NFL QB.

More people should just enjoy the fact that we have the privilege to watch guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Gronk, etc... over the past decade. These guys are all superb athletes and entertainers and at the end of the day, the NFL is all about entertainment.

It beats the alternative of being PO'd that Sammy Watkins is made of glass or that Russ Brandon is the devil incarnate.

He's top 1 of all time with doing it basically with a cast of nobody's.

Mace
02-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Yeah, you're absolutely right.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Uhhh Trump won Georgia and lost Mass. Just sayin'
What's that got to do with ? Nothin. The liberal pukes have been stabbing Brady and hoodie the last two weeks for supporting trump

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 10:26 PM

It's so hard for me to pick an all time top QB when there's guys like Graham, Unitas, Montana also sitting there.

All top QBs of their respective era and very hard to give the nod to one guy.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:28 PM

I couldn't disagree more. Brady is a cheater and a douche who thinks everything he has is woed to him instead of appreciating what he's earned. Bellicheck is an arrogant *******. I can't take any pleasure in their success.

Novacane
02-05-2017, 10:29 PM

Exactly. He does it with a cast of white WR. How many other teams have even 1 relevant white WR lol.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:29 PM
What's that got to do with ? Nothin. The liberal pukes have been stabbing Brady and hoodie the last two weeks for supporting trump

I'm just saying that there are a lot more Trump supporters in GA disappointed in tonight's result than there are in NE happy with tonight's result.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2017, 10:30 PM
It's so hard for me to pick an all time top QB when there's guys like Graham, Unitas, Montana also sitting there.

All top QBs of their respective era and very hard to give the nod to one guy.
It's not even close. Tom Brady is the greatest ever.

Mace
02-05-2017, 10:30 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Brady is a cheater and a douche who thinks everything he has is woed to him instead of appreciating what he's earned. Bellicheck is an arrogant *******. I can't take any pleasure in their success.

Nah. You're being cranky, they earned this one.

lavuuk153
02-05-2017, 10:31 PM

I think there are two topics: best career (Brady IMO) and best ever.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Nah. You're being cranky, they earned this one.

They're cheaters who have earned nothing. And I already admitted that I'm bitter

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 10:33 PM

See, I have the extra motivation to be jaded when it comes to Belichick. That could be the Cleveland Browns out there, if not for Art Modell moving the team.

I simply don't.

They're fun to watch. It's Brady and interchangeable parts from year to year and those parts don't matter because Belichick and Brady are that good in tandem. When you give Brady two great WRs he goes out and puts up the best season passing in NFL history. When you give Brady a bunch of random bums, he still goes out and has a season for a QB that most teams can only dream about getting.

It's absolutely fascinating how dominant in the age of free agency that franchise is, simply because of two parts of the machine.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I think there are two topics: best career (Brady IMO) and best ever.

Bills fans want to brag about going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing.

Brady is 5-2 in Super Bowls and has half as many wins as the Bills do as a franchise.

lavuuk153
02-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Bills fans want to brag about going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing.

Brady is 5-2 in Super Bowls and has half as many wins as the Bills do as a franchise.

I don't brag about that...I accept it. I think the best way I can phrase my view on Brady is to bring up two other sports. Who is the greatest baseball player and who is the greatest basketball player? I doubt anyone would say Yogi and more than a few would say Russell, but they have the most titles.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2017, 10:36 PM

People give it to Brady because of the championships.

Graham played 10 years, went to 10 title games, won 6 and still today has the highest career YPA in NFL history.

And this was all done at a time when passing the football was considered trickery and teams were still running the T formation.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 10:37 PM
See, I have the extra motivation to be jaded when it comes to Belichick. That could be the Cleveland Browns out there, if not for Art Modell moving the team.

I simply don't.

They're fun to watch. It's Brady and interchangeable parts from year to year and those parts don't matter because Belichick and Brady are that good in tandem. When you give Brady two great WRs he goes out and puts up the best season passing in NFL history. When you give Brady a bunch of random bums, he still goes out and has a season for a QB that most teams can only dream about getting.

It's absolutely fascinating how dominant in the age of free agency that franchise is, simply because of two parts of the machine.
I don't see it as fascinating at all given they've been caught cheating multiple times in multiple ways. Who knows what they haven't been caught for.

Mace
02-05-2017, 11:12 PM
They're cheaters who have earned nothing. And I already admitted that I'm bitter

I always figure if I wished someone was wearing our colors instead....

Sure wish we had Brady & Belichick.

Not much else to say.

OpIv37
02-05-2017, 11:27 PM
I always figure if I wished someone was wearing our colors instead....

Sure wish we had Brady & Belichick.

Not much else to say.

Would you still wish that when Brady was photographed walking around Toronto wearing a Leafs hat?

Skooby
02-06-2017, 02:27 AM
I use the Bills as a disarming tool when people want to talk football, it makes me look like a complete idiot to admit to liking the Bills. Let's all say it together ......

Repeat....

Again ....

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-06-2017, 03:59 AM
People give it to Brady because of the championships.

Graham played 10 years, went to 10 title games, won 6 and still today has the highest career YPA in NFL history.

And this was all done at a time when passing the football was considered trickery and teams were still running the T formation.

wait. sounds like you're describing the 2016 Buffalo Bills.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-06-2017, 04:06 AM
you know, its funny. it literally took me until 2 weeks ago over the last 15 years to get through the 5 stages of grief when it comes to the Patriots dominance. I finally got to acceptance. I'm hoping that my new attitude of no longer being a complete hater will turn things around for us.

Night Train
02-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Feel the same way, Op. I went to bed after the XP hit the upright to make it 28-9. Couldn't believe it this morning but at least I didn't suffer watching it.

College football is what saves me every year.

BillsFanInMass
02-06-2017, 06:47 AM
One day someones in the organization is gonna be down and out and there gonna tell all. Like how they can communicate to brady all threw the play long after communication is supposed to be off. Makes it a little easier to read coverages when someone is upstairs in a booth doing it for you. Doug flutie picked up his helmet by accident and realized this but nothing was ever investigated.

The Beef
02-06-2017, 07:02 AM

This man especially the Brady part. I'm past rooting against the guy to fail, I never want to see the Pats win but Brady has been killing thr Bills for so long it's worthless rooting for the dude to fail.

When he was skipping passes and missing guys in the first half I was pissed because i was going "this NEVER happens when he plays Buffalo".

That second half was vintage Brady with a miracle tossed in bu Edelman. He just wears you down with quick hitters amd slants and crossing routes. It's not the division why Brady is so ****ing good and yes the AFCE has been ass.

But that guy is as good as it gets.

I hope he ****ing retires.

coastal
02-06-2017, 07:14 AM
5 yard pitch and catch...

absolutey awful product.

WagonCircler
02-06-2017, 11:34 AM
5 yard pitch and catch...

absolutey awful product.

It's a shame. The Falcons' Offense is during the first half exactly what I want to see when I watch a game. They ran the ball well and Ryan and Jones put on a clinic. They were amazing.

Too bad their OC gacked up the whole game for them with his idiotic playcalling in the fourth quarter.

On a sad side note, watching Julio just makes me realize even more what a stupid pick Watkins was. He will never be the kind of player Jones is. But Dougie paid just as much for him.

I'm so sick of the Bills always being the suckers. They're not even lovable losers.

Bill Cody
02-06-2017, 11:53 AM
On a sad side note, watching Julio just makes me realize even more what a stupid pick Watkins was. He will never be the kind of player Jones is. But Dougie paid just as much for him.

I'm so sick of the Bills always being the suckers. They're not even lovable losers.

So true. If you trade a first plus to move up for a receiver he damn well better be Julio Jones, not Watkins. That could have/should have been a SB winning catch Jones made, simply spectacular. If Watkins caught that ball he'd be in traction for 6 weeks. The only surprise was they didn't go to Jones more often: 4 targets, 4 catches, 87 yards. And Jones was single covered at times. Oh well.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Atlanta paid a lot more for Julio...two firsts, a second, and two fourths.

DraftBoy
02-06-2017, 04:18 PM

He's been worth it, imo.

Turf
02-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Exactly. He does it with a cast of white WR. How many other teams have even 1 relevant white WR lol.

And they're all short. Amazing.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 04:54 PM
He's been worth it, imo.

He's one of the best in the league right now, no doubt. Doesn't really have the 'diva' attitude.

DraftBoy
02-06-2017, 05:13 PM
He's one of the best in the league right now, no doubt. Doesn't really have the 'diva' attitude.

He's the ultimate Nick Saban player. Everything is about the team and nothing is about him.

WagonCircler
02-06-2017, 08:34 PM
He's the ultimate Nick Saban player. Everything is about the team and nothing is about him.

It's amazing how similar Saban and Belichick are. In more than just demeanor.

Mike13
02-06-2017, 08:39 PM
^Belichick actually treats his players as human beings.
Saban does not, and thats a big reason why he is out of the NFL

Bill Cody
02-07-2017, 02:44 PM

that's deceiving. Our 2 firsts were the 9th and 12th picks, their two firsts were 27th and 22nd. The difference between those picks might be worth more than the extra couple choices.

Bill Cody
02-07-2017, 02:46 PM
^Belichick actually treats his players as human beings.
Saban does not, and thats a big reason why he is out of the NFL

Beliichick mellowed the 2nd time around in NE, he wasn't exactly warm and cuddly in Cleveland. Saban might learn that also if he did it again.

Discotrish
02-07-2017, 03:21 PM

THIS!

The ****** media could've just let it go, but no. Then the DemocratICK celebrities starting piling on and the next thing you know, I'm rooting for the "Patriots," of all teams! Against the CNN Team.

I believe this is Putin's SECOND Superbowl ring!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3801-VWIAERTxD.jpg

Patti

DynaPaul
02-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Not that anyone gives a crap but I'm done with football until Brady and Belichick are out of the game. Always a Bills fan but I have zero interest in watching this no-parity league any longer. Cash me outside or on the other sections of this message board, how bout dah!

YardRat
02-07-2017, 04:54 PM
that's deceiving. Our 2 firsts were the 9th and 12th picks, their two firsts were 27th and 22nd. The difference between those picks might be worth more than the extra couple choices.

Maybe, but considering Cleveland essentially fubared every single one of them they turned out worthless anyway.

Mr. Pink
02-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Beliichick mellowed the 2nd time around in NE, he wasn't exactly warm and cuddly in Cleveland. Saban might learn that also if he did it again.

He was the same guy in Cleveland as he is in New England.

Jan Reimers
02-08-2017, 05:58 AM
I've given up the NFL Sunday Ticket, and put away my Kelly, Reed and Tasker jerseys. But like many recovering addicts, I sometimes backslide and go to my local Duffy's sports bar in full Bills' attire, which I generally regret the next day.

Bills' addiction is a disease which I've learned to control. I no longer yell at my wife, kick the dog or beat my head against the wall after frequent, frustrating losses...or at least not as much as I used to.

I am getting better, and think I might even be able to go to the Miami game next year, with proper sedation.

Historian
02-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Oh and by the way, the Bills aren't raising their prices next year!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Historian
02-08-2017, 06:05 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

"The entire organization understands this past season was a disappointment and we share in your frustration. While we did not achieve our goals, we remain steadfast in our commitment to bring a championship to Buffalo...We are pleased to announce that season ticket prices will remain unchanged." (https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf)

Read some of the comments....holy moly!

DraftBoy
02-08-2017, 06:58 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

"The entire organization understands this past season was a disappointment and we share in your frustration. While we did not achieve our goals, we remain steadfast in our commitment to bring a championship to Buffalo...We are pleased to announce that season ticket prices will remain unchanged." (https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf)

Read some of the comments....holy moly!

Yea the timing on that was not very wise.

swiper
02-08-2017, 08:15 AM
He was the same guy in Cleveland as he is in New England.

He just had a better QB in NE.

Discotrish
02-08-2017, 01:13 PM

That's why I think he's better than Montana.

Patti