PDA

View Full Version : Justice is served

CommissarSpartacus
02-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Despise him or not, Tom Brady just served all his haters a big slice of **** you pie.

Anyone that bought into the Deflategate crap should just die of embarrassment.

Roger Goodell and the idiots that joined his lynch mob are forever exposed.

Looks good on them.

Mace
02-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Despise him or not, Tom Brady just served all his haters a big slice of **** you pie.

Looks good on them.

No argument whatever from me. I have to agree.

jimmifli
02-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Kraft's speech was awesome. I notice he stayed sober this year.

CommissarSpartacus
02-05-2017, 11:41 PM
31 other billionaires are clenching their fists and gnashing their teeth tonight.

Thurmal4lifeyo
02-06-2017, 12:56 AM
he's the goat, unequivocally, and it's been massively unlucky to be in the same division.

Historian
02-06-2017, 05:17 AM
31 other billionaires are clenching their fists and gnashing their teeth tonight.

I doubt it....they're all laughing to the bank.

I think most of this crap is decided in a Madison Avenue board room in May.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 05:58 AM
If it looks like a movie script, and sounds like a movie script....

Historian
02-06-2017, 06:07 AM
...and most scripts revolve around a hero in shining armor, and a protagonist who wants to take him down.

Seriously though....I think this is less about football, and more about a bomb in a backpack.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 06:09 AM
...and most scripts revolve around a hero in shining armor, and a protagonist who wants to take him down.

Seriously though....I think this is less about football, and more about a bomb in a backpack.

And a hurricane...that was a great story too.

kgun12
02-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Looks good on them.

I'm not sure I understand, there are two separate issues here. Yes Brady served up the pie and he proved yesterday to be if not the best surely top 3.

The part about being embarrassed is were I'm confused, he cheated, obstructed justice and destroyed evidence and was punished for it. Brady is the one that should as was embarrassed.

Yes Goodell and his team are idiots, but how does the Patriots winning the Super Bowl expose that. Again, two separate issues.

BTW, had Brady just admitted that he did it and didn't handle it the way he did, he would have gotten a fine and we would have had to put up with deflate gate and the Pats for over two years!

Lastly as much as I hate them, I respect them, they are truly a great organization and love that they are Trump fans and stuck it to the liberals, the NFL to include Goodell and media, AWESOME!!!

CommissarSpartacus
02-06-2017, 07:10 PM
The part about being embarrassed is were I'm confused, he cheated, obstructed justice and destroyed evidence and was punished for it.

Sorry, but he was completely innocent and was only "punished" because the court ruled that the players contract stipulated that Goodell could do anything he wanted and didn't need a reason.

Btw, another of the bad guys in the Deflate gate debacle, Ryan Grigson, was just fired by the Colts.

Justice strikes again.

kgun12
02-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Sorry, but he was completely innocent and was only "punished" because the court ruled that the players contract stipulated that Goodell could do anything he wanted and didn't need a reason.

Btw, another of the bad guys in the Deflate gate debacle, Ryan Grigson, was just fired by the Colts.

Justice strikes again.

You can believe what you want, but the obstructing an investigation and destroying his phone could have gotten him jail time in the real world, he's lucky he works in fantasy land!

But like I said, I loved the outcome purely for political reasons!!!

CommissarSpartacus
02-06-2017, 07:24 PM
You can believe what you want, but the obstructing an investigation and destroying his phone could have gotten him jail time in the real world, he's lucky he works in fantasy land!

In the real world it would have been laughed out of court.

CommissarSpartacus
02-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I doubt it....they're all laughing to the bank.

Like I said, they all have giant egos and all the money they could ever want.

But the Patriots and Brady and Belichick keep making them losers and they didn't get where they are liking losing.

Mace
02-06-2017, 07:50 PM

But like I said, I loved the outcome purely for political reasons!!!

My first thought was that destroying the phone was fishy, but I'm not sure who just gives their phone to anyone who wants to look at it. If my boss even asked for mine, it's not a company phone, I'd tell him to screw off anyway even though there's nothing on it, because it's not his business, much less if say I was having kinky phone sex with my wife across the US, or calling my friends or employers idiots, either of which would be completely within my right to do on my own phone. If I'm a celebrity I'd certainly destroy my phones after finishing with them because it's my phone and no one's business what I do with it.

The NFL further had the texts and data from the two organization guys, to and from Brady. Brady gave them 5,317 emails where nothing was found.

Brady was able to obtain a log of all his phone calls and text messages, and since he had not changed phone numbers, this included calls and messages during the mysterious four-month gap. These were cross-referenced against communications listed in the Wells Report, and for the most part (with the exception of three missing texts) they matched, as Wells was given access to both Jastremski and McNally’s Patriots-supplied work phones. This is one of Brady’s strongest arguments that there are no missing damaging text messages: since Wells had access to Jastremski and McNally’s side of any damning conversations with Brady, why did he need Brady’s messages?

http://deadspin.com/the-full-story-of-tom-bradys-destroyed-cell-phone-1722190784

Whole thing was lame. Biggest thing was that the equipment guy took the balls into the bathroom, where he'd have had to be pretty damn fast to deflate them, and the refs signed off anyway. The only reason it was a big deal is that it gave Goodell a chance to assert his big boy power.

Jeff1220
02-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Speaking of deflategate, I wonder if anyone checked the Pats' balls' PSI after halftime.

Mace
02-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Speaking of deflategate, I wonder if anyone checked the Pats' balls' PSI after halftime.

Goodell, furiously hoping he wouldn't have to hand them a trophy.

Topas
02-07-2017, 03:45 AM
I'm not sure I understand, there are two separate issues here. Yes Brady served up the pie and he proved yesterday to be if not the best surely top 3.

The part about being embarrassed is were I'm confused, he cheated, obstructed justice and destroyed evidence and was punished for it. Brady is the one that should as was embarrassed.

Yes Goodell and his team are idiots, but how does the Patriots winning the Super Bowl expose that. Again, two separate issues.

BTW, had Brady just admitted that he did it and didn't handle it the way he did, he would have gotten a fine and we would have had to put up with deflate gate and the Pats for over two years!

Lastly as much as I hate them, I respect them, they are truly a great organization and love that they are Trump fans and stuck it to the liberals, the NFL to include Goodell and media, AWESOME!!!

I dont think that they are Trump fans. They know him. Since they are celebrities and Trump is a celebrity.
You can find pictures where the Clintons are at the latest wedding of Trump and they are laughing together. And I doubt the Clintons are Trump fans.
Only because BB and TB know Trump and have met him and have some text communication (like probably with 500 other celebrities) does not mean they like him.
Could be but I doubt it.

kgun12
02-07-2017, 06:20 AM
I dont think that they are Trump fans. They know him. Since they are celebrities and Trump is a celebrity.
You can find pictures where the Clintons are at the latest wedding of Trump and they are laughing together. And I doubt the Clintons are Trump fans.
Only because BB and TB know Trump and have met him and have some text communication (like probably with 500 other celebrities) does not mean they like him.
Could be but I doubt it.

Really, have you been in a cave?

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-loyal-to-donald-trump-2017-1

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/tom-brady-defends-friend-donald-trump-16-years

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/belichick-did-indeed-write-letter-trump

Bill Cody
02-07-2017, 10:35 AM

1) Even if the whole ball deflation thing was true and there's no actual evidence of that, pretty sure you'd need to be accused of a crime in the "real world" to get jail time. In this case, what crime would that be?

2) Do you think if Richie Incognito had a do over he would have turned over his phone to the Wells guys after what they did to him by making all his texts public? And Incognito is a nobody, Brady is the most visible player in the league by a lot. The NFL did in fact leak some of Brady's emails that he provided that were completely irrelevant to deflategate. So....having seen the lengths the league went to take Brady down, do you really think they would have kept every personal item on Brady's phone private? If you think that sir, you're the one in fantasy land.

Joe Fo Sho
02-07-2017, 11:03 AM
There's a guy I know, who's in my group of friends. We've given him a nickname that we've been calling him for as long as I can remember, we all call him 'The Deflator.' No one knows why or how he earned this name, not even he knows, but it's what he asks us to call him and it's what we all have him in our phone contact list as. It's just something everybody does, ya know? It's kind of funny how so many people have that one friend that every calls the oh-so-common-nickname of 'The Deflator' for absolutely no reason. Well, at least I know of one other person who does.

swiper
02-07-2017, 01:19 PM
There's a guy I know, who's in my group of friends. We've given him a nickname that we've been calling him for as long as I can remember, we all call him 'The Deflator.' No one knows why or how he earned this name, not even he knows, but it's what he asks us to call him and it's what we all have him in our phone contact list as. It's just something everybody does, ya know? It's kind of funny how so many people have that one friend that every calls the oh-so-common-nickname of 'The Deflator' for absolutely no reason. Well, at least I know of one other person who does.

Not certain this post is germane, but it sounds like you've been thinking about it for some time. Glad you were able to get it out.

Joe Fo Sho
02-07-2017, 02:03 PM
My buddy, 'The Deflator,' even told me that Tom Brady wasn't even due for an upgrade when he got his new phone!

Discotrish
02-07-2017, 02:30 PM

Justice strikes again.

We will never know if he was "completely innocent" because he destroyed the evidence, for which he was punished. No different than Bruce Smith serving a substance abuse suspension and serving 4 games. Both are HOF players without a doubt. They both ran afoul of league rules and got punished. Does anyone really think the "equipment manager" took it upon himself to deflate balls for no reason?

Regardless, with the news media conflating the Patriots with TRUMP, I had to relieve my cognitive dissonace by either liking Trump less, or liking Brady more.

I chose to like Brady more. Which made for a painful first half, but an entirely enjoyable second half.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/06/06/3CE2DE7900000578-0-image-m-135_1486360987241.jpg

CommissarSpartacus
02-07-2017, 04:16 PM
We will never know if he was "completely innocent" because he destroyed the evidence, for which he was punished.

Absolutely not true.

The first judge addressed the evidence and found Goodell',s case to be utterly without merit.

The appeal court refused to address the evidence and ruled that under the league's co tract with the players, Goodell could do whatever he wanted with no reasons required.

Discotrish
02-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Absolutely not true.

The first judge addressed the evidence and found Goodell',s case to be utterly without merit.

The appeal court refused to address the evidence and ruled that under the league's co tract with the players, Goodell could do whatever he wanted with no reasons required.

You're talking legal technicalities.

Once Brady destroyed his phone there's no getting the Court of Public Opinion (outside of New England fans) to believe he didn't tell the equipment manager to deflate the balls. You can argue all you want about the punishment being "unjust," whatever, they went 3-1 and it was hardly a speed bump on the way to the Super Bowl. As far as "violations" go it certainly wasn't major, and many other QBs have admitted to doing similar.

I'm just glad the news media made this all about the Trumpriots vs the Atlanta FalCNNs.

Patti

CommissarSpartacus
02-07-2017, 06:07 PM
You're talking legal technicalities.

That damn right and wrong thing again, huh?

Discotrish
02-07-2017, 06:20 PM
That damn right and wrong thing again, huh?

No. If the NFL lets him skate/comes down on him has no bearing on whether he cheated, just as the verdict in OJ's first trial had no bearing on whether or not he actually killed his wife. He was just declared "not guilty." Not "innocent."

Patti

CommissarSpartacus
02-07-2017, 07:28 PM
No. If the NFL lets him skate/comes down on him has no bearing on whether he cheated, just as the verdict in OJ's first trial had no bearing on whether or not he actually killed his wife. He was just declared "not guilty." Not "innocent."

Patti

Brady is OJ now?

Who will we compare him to next?

Jeffrey Dahmer? Hermann Goering?

Sorry, but there isn't a SHRED of evidence that Brady was involved in deflating footballs. None. All the evidence supports his declarations of innocence.

Only hard core haters refuse to acknowledge the truth.

swiper
02-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Brady is OJ now?

Jeffrey Dahmer? Hermann Goering?

Sorry, but there isn't a SHRED of evidence that Brady was involved in deflating footballs. None. All the evidence supports his declarations of innocence.

Only hard core haters refuse to acknowledge the truth.

LOL. Get over yourself. And GWB blew up the WTC. ROFL @ the stupidity.

feldspar
02-07-2017, 07:52 PM
There is no poetry here...no poetic aspect to it all...

The Patriots already went 3-1 WITHOUT Brady. Look only so far if you figure his hands are clean. Deflate-gate didn't affect anything whatsoever...

All I saw was that the team that I hate the most miraculously won the Super Bowl...again...somehow...

And yes, I'm perfectly allowed to hate that team. They were down 28 to 3, and I told my girlfriend that you can never count them out when she was so sure the Falcons had it in the bag. I was worried even then...go figure. They are THAT good. Incredibly ****ed up game too BTW

Turf
02-07-2017, 07:54 PM
In the real world it would have been laughed out of court.

The only reason Brady didn't admit it you ****ing moron was that it he didn't want to be eliminated from playing in the Super Bowl that year if you recall. Gosh you're so ****ing dumb.

CommissarSpartacus
02-07-2017, 09:01 PM
LOL. Get over yourself. And GWB blew up the WTC. ROFL @ the stupidity.

Haters have no integrity by definition.

They'll say and do anything that covers their miserable behinds.

I'm sure Tom Brady is laughing his ass off fondling the Lombardi Trophy while the haters grind their teeth and beat their wives.

CommissarSpartacus
02-07-2017, 09:03 PM
The only reason Brady didn't admit it you ****ing moron was that it he didn't want to be eliminated from playing in the Super Bowl that year if you recall. Gosh you're so ****ing dumb.

Or maybe he denied it because he didn't do it

feldspar
02-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Haters have no integrity by definition.

They'll say and do anything that covers their miserable behinds.

I'm sure Tom Brady is laughing his ass off fondling the Lombardi Trophy while the haters grind their teeth and beat their wives.

Settle down there, Sparty.

The sport would be no fun without a little friendly hatred. If you didn't dislike the other team, what does anything matter as to who wins?

How about a tad bit of perspective now? I hate the Patriots, but why shouldn't I? That doesn't run deep enough for me to wish anybody ill-will in their real lives, though.

I have integrity and hate the Patriots at the same time....and also wish Tom Brady and Bellyjerk's family happiness.

Mace
02-07-2017, 09:39 PM

The sport would be no fun without a little friendly hatred. If you didn't dislike the other team, what does anything matter as to who wins?

How about a tad bit of perspective now? I hate the Patriots, but why shouldn't I? That doesn't run deep enough for me to wish anybody ill-will in their real lives, though.

I have integrity and hate the Patriots at the same time....and also wish Tom Brady and Bellyjerk's family happiness.

Not sure he'll see or hear you with that wee avatar "talking" in that tiny voice. I always will though, I've always gotten along with "little people", you cute little feldspar, you.

feldspar
02-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Not sure he'll see or hear you with that wee avatar "talking" in that tiny voice. I always will though, I've always gotten along with "little people", you cute little feldspar, you.

I challenge you to a duel, sir.

High noon, or maybe dusk.

CommissarSpartacus
02-08-2017, 08:31 AM

I didn't say you couldn't hate the Patriots, I said you can't believe things that aren't true.

feldspar
02-08-2017, 09:04 AM
I didn't say you couldn't hate the Patriots, I said you can't believe things that aren't true.

Personally, I find it entertaining when people define the Patriots as cheaters, especially when it irritates the hell out of the Patriots or their fans...putting an asterisk next to every success they've had and so forth...

Funny, funny stuff to me. You can believe that, because it's true...

Discotrish
02-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Brady is OJ now?

That's as dumb as a JATM comment. I'm obviously not calling him a killer. (Can't believe I have to type that out as if you don't know I didn't make that comparison) All I said was TECHNICAL lack of guilt in a court of law (or NFL bylaw) does not mean the person is INNOCENT of what they are accused of.

Don't be a NOTAKLOO and pretend you didn't know what I was saying.

Hitler. Yeah he's Hitler.

Whatever.

If I wanted an inane conversation I would've replied to Denverbot.

Just remember we both rooted for the same guy on Sunday night.

Patti

Joe Fo Sho
02-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I just think it's great that Brady and Belichick finally got their first Championship that's not clouded with allegations of cheating. Those guys work so hard and deserve to have one legitimate ring.

CommissarSpartacus
02-08-2017, 06:13 PM
That's as dumb as a JATM comment. I'm obviously not calling him a killer. (Can't believe I have to type that out as if you don't know I didn't make that comparison) All I said was TECHNICAL lack of guilt in a court of law (or NFL bylaw) does not mean the person is INNOCENT of what they are accused of.

Patti

It wasn't a technical lack of guilt, it was a complete lack of evidence that the accusation had merit.

Accusations of bad behavior aren't true just because an accusation was made by scumbags with an axe to grind.