X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

The only way Tyrod could come back from down 25 in any game

Would be if the game was hearts & he shot the moon.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Tyrod isn't good enough. You don't lock yourself into a guy for the next 2-3 years who isn't good enough. The Bills must strive for greatness at QB and keep trying until they hit on a franchise QB. I can think of a few QBs who can come back from a 25 point deficit. Tyrod is not one of them.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: The only way Tyrod could come back from down 25 in any game

I think Tyrod would have come back, just not all the way. We kick a 55 yard FG for a final score of 28-6.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
      I think Tyrod would have come back, just not all the way. We kick a 55 yard FG for a final score of 28-6.
      Ok that was hilarious

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Discotrish
        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Tyrod isn't good enough. You don't lock yourself into a guy for the next 2-3 years who isn't good enough. The Bills must strive for greatness at QB and keep trying until they hit on a franchise QB. I can think of a few QBs who can come back from a 25 point deficit. Tyrod is not one of them.
        Well we got beat by backup Jeff Hofstetter and journeyman Doug Williams.

Still, it would be NICE to have a franchise QB!

Patti
        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
          Well we got beat by backup Jeff Hofstetter and journeyman Doug Williams.

Still, it would be NICE to have a franchise QB!

Patti
          It was Mark Rypien, not Doug Williams. Williams beat Denver in Super Bowl XXII.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

Whoa, Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as the best QB of all time? What a scoop!

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              Whoa, Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as the best QB of all time? What a scoop!
              stop speaking logic to this crew.

Bills fans have gone clinically insane. If anyone is holding a position in the lineup who isn't an all-pro and making more then league min, there will be 10 threads demanding his release, with zero discussion about how to replace him. If we have a player coming off a contract above league min, or asking for more then league min, we'll have half the board demanding we not resign him because he's not the greatest who ever played at his position. Tyrod runs the risk of getting paid his market value, CUT HIM NOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we'll get people posting things like "Tom Brady was a 6th rounder" or "Cardell Jones deserves a chance" or "there is prospect X in the draft, he'll be availible in round 4 we must draft him!" Of course no one ever discusses why some guy will be laying around in round 4 if he's an NFL quality starter. I mean no one else wants an NFL quality starter on their roster right?

But this crew has spent the past 15 months drinking durring bills games and getting mad that we're losing and throwing bottles at posters of Tyrod, so their rage must be appeased!
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

I don't want to be the team paying "market value" for a guy whose ceiling is 10 wins & maybe one playoff win. Let some other team waste their money on a wheel spinner. The goal is a championship not one and done or if you're lucky 2 and done in the playoffs without ever having a home playoff game.

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Taylor has actual trouble coming back from being down 5 points, let alone 25. Seriously, look at his record in games where the opposing team takes the lead at any time (not just second half) of the game. He's something like 2-14.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Lets be honest. No other QB is bringing their team back from 25 down in the Super Bowl...so your argument has a hole.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Yet I don't think this squad is all that far away from competing as a superbowl team (or atleast get to the playoffs). The offense was functional for most of the past 2 years. Flashy? nope. Exciting? Nope. Functional though.

the defense has been a joke the past two years. Well not quite a complete joke. They're competent enough against the Blaine Gabberts of the NFL, but then again, so is everyone else. Had we got top 5 production from that crew we'd of been serious contenders. So while I get it. Tyrod is not Brady. What he is, is basically Alex Smith. And Andy Reid seems to be doing ok with Alex Smith. Listen, Before we got Tyrod I would have killed for Alex Smith. So would have half the forum. Now we got our alex smith bills fans can't wait to return to QB purgatory as fast as possible.

I'm not against chaising a better QB, frankly a better QB probably puts us in the playoffs just as fast as a better defense does. But I am against getting worse with no plan to get better.

Why make this thread? This thread serves no other purpose but to insult Tyrod Taylor personally. I don't like tyrod as a QB but that doesn't mean I want to insult the guy. If anything I want to thank him for giving us some exciting football for a change. (does NO ONE remember Trent Edwards or JP Losman? or EJ?) Sure show him the door, but whats the point of kicking him on the way. And if you're going to show him to the door you better be damned sure you know what you're going to do will be a step up.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                        • Jul 2002

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre. If you're real good you have it made. If you're real bad, you have a chance to get a lot better with the #1 pick. 29% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB drafted with the 1st overall pick in the draft. Considering the odds, being there is only 1 number 1 pick each year & it's not always a QB, that's a pretty lofty percentage. I don't want Tyrod at the current price, or any price. He's a wheel spinner-any franchise with him at QB will be paying millions to spin their wheels with little hope of rising above mediocre. I'd rather take a step back than keep spinning my wheels in a snow drift. If that means sink or swim with Cardale in 2017, so be it.

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre. If you're real good you have it made. If you're real bad, you have a chance to get a lot better with the #1 pick. 29% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB drafted with the 1st overall pick in the draft. Considering the odds, being there is only 1 number 1 pick each year & it's not always a QB, that's a pretty lofty percentage. I don't want Tyrod at the current price, or any price. He's a wheel spinner-any franchise with him at QB will be paying millions to spin their wheels with little hope of rising above mediocre. I'd rather take a step back than keep spinning my wheels in a snow drift. If that means sink or swim with Cardale in 2017, so be it.
                          And you won't complain about the losses one bit - right?

In fact, you will cheer them - right?

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

I don't want to be the team paying "market value" for a guy whose ceiling is 10 wins & maybe one playoff win. Let some other team waste their money on a wheel spinner. The goal is a championship not one and done or if you're lucky 2 and done in the playoffs without ever having a home playoff game.
                            The issue at hand is that there is not a better QB readily available. So shooting for the moon may not be a reasonable goal for right now, but 9-7 might be.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I still laugh at people who say that Tyrod is the pinnacle of what the Bills can acquire. Or revere him as some good/great player that without him this team would be terrible. While people who think Tyrod is good or the Bills can't do any better, they go and put down Colin Kaepernick as like the worst thing in the NFL at the QB position.

Here are Kaep's stats this past year...

59.2% 2241 yards 16 TD 4 INT 468 yards rushing in 11 games.

That's Tyrod Taylor type stats right there, difference is Kaep has been in a Super Bowl, yet these same people who think Tyrod is the best we can possibly do completely rip apart Kaep as being complete and total crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X