PDA

View Full Version : USA today article about an easier camp

SoCalBillsFan
07-29-2003, 02:22 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2003-07-29-bills_x.htm

"The motto of this camp," Williams says, "is because you gave us a commitment in the offseason, we'll practice with great tempo and great enthusiasm, but we've backed off on two-a-days and we've backed off on some of the contact."

I don't know how I feel about this. I think the tough camps the past two years have done wonders for our conditioning and led to fewer injuries. I sure hope the players take this seriously and work hard to be in prime physical condition.

Michael82
07-29-2003, 02:55 PM
The nice part is...they have a color photo from Bills training camp on the front page of their sports section. :D

WG
07-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Hmmmm...

I agree. Has the potential to backfire. Perhaps what he should do is measure everyone's times and stuff midseason, then keep those, and anyone who comes to camp at or within a certain %age of them, should not have to run laps or something until they get them up.

IDK. It's a tough thing to manage. If you practice too hard, you risk injuries in camp. If you don't, you may be risking them when the season starts.

It's a conundrum I tell you...

justasportsfan
07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
[url]

I don't know how I feel about this. I think the tough camps the past two years have done wonders for our conditioning and led to fewer injuries. I sure hope the players take this seriously and work hard to be in prime physical condition.

No,no,no! We were the most injured team 2001. The fins have always had a hard camp but always took it's toll late in the season. Marv had an easy camp and he's had a good record w/ late season injuries.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2003, 06:42 AM
I believe our off season conditioning program, which is followed by most of the team, allows us to conduct a less physical camp. We should be fresher because of it.