• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

USA today article about an easier camp

"The motto of this camp," Williams says, "is because you gave us a commitment in the offseason, we'll practice with great tempo and great enthusiasm, but we've backed off on two-a-days and we've backed off on some of the contact."

I don't know how I feel about this. I think the tough camps the past two years have done wonders for our conditioning and led to fewer injuries. I sure hope the players take this seriously and work hard to be in prime physical condition.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

The nice part is...they have a color photo from Bills training camp on the front page of their sports section.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

Hmmmm...

I agree. Has the potential to backfire. Perhaps what he should do is measure everyone's times and stuff midseason, then keep those, and anyone who comes to camp at or within a certain %age of them, should not have to run laps or something until they get them up.

IDK. It's a tough thing to manage. If you practice too hard, you risk injuries in camp. If you don't, you may be risking them when the season starts.

It's a conundrum I tell you...
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Re: USA today article about an easier camp

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
        [url]

I don't know how I feel about this. I think the tough camps the past two years have done wonders for our conditioning and led to fewer injuries. I sure hope the players take this seriously and work hard to be in prime physical condition.
        No,no,no! We were the most injured team 2001. The fins have always had a hard camp but always took it's toll late in the season. Marv had an easy camp and he's had a good record w/ late season injuries.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I believe our off season conditioning program, which is followed by most of the team, allows us to conduct a less physical camp. We should be fresher because of it.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
          X