PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade...

coastal
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
the Sabres 2017 2nd round pick (1st of 2) for Vanek?

Here's why I would pick the phone up first thing in the AM and make the offer:

- we need additional scoring.
- we need a go-to for shootouts.
- we're still in striking distance of the playoffs.
- I still see him as the perfect compliment for Jack.
- bringing him in frees up Reinhart to go and play with ROR and Okposo.
- puts us in position to sign him come the offseason.

YardRat
02-06-2017, 06:58 PM
The balance of his salary and cap hit would only be about a million, right? According to spotrac the team's cap space for this season is just under $2.4 mil.

For a second rounder? Yeah, I pull the trigger and see what happens.

coastal
02-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Never mind... watching them get outskated by the terrible Devils.

going nowhere.

Eichel's line only line pushing the play.

OpIv37
02-06-2017, 10:57 PM
No. I've already heard RJ say "And Vanek misses the wide open net!" more times than I can bear.

swiper
02-07-2017, 05:01 AM
You want to feel depressed? To put the Sabres lack of scoring into perspective quickly? Go to ESPN stats and scroll through until you find the Sabres point leader (Okposo). He's on page 3!

There are over 80 players (including some defensemen like Byfuglien) that are in front of our team's leading scorer. And Vanek is behind him. So definitely no to Vanek. We should have learned our lesson with that guy. Plays hard when he feels like it - and that's not too often. And now he's old.

There are plenty of better scorers out there. Go get a couple of those guys.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/points/year/2017/seasontype/2

coastal
02-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Lazar and Duclair both on the outs... bring them both in and put them on a line with Reinhart.

YardRat
02-07-2017, 04:50 PM
I would still trade for Vanek, it's only a second rounder for chrissakes.

Mace
02-07-2017, 05:27 PM
I voted no. This is Buffalo. When we get guys for scoring, they always slow to a crawl then stop. And then we need a scorer again. So we get another guy for scoring, then he stops. And then we need another guy...

It's like the logo sucks the scoring right out of anyone who comes here. There's probably something small and satanic weaved into it.

Historian
02-08-2017, 12:27 PM
It's like the logo sucks the scoring right out of anyone who comes here. There's probably something small and satanic weaved into it.
I've always blamed it on last call.

I think coastal makes an interesting argument for it.

Ingtar33
02-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Where is Gerry Mehaan? Say what you will about him, he, at least knew how to build an offensive juggernaut. Maybe we can tease him out of retirement to take over this mess.

ckg927
02-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Lazar and Duclair both on the outs... bring them both in and put them on a line with Reinhart.
For now...MAYBE.

A few seasons down the road, plug Nylander on a line with Eichel & Reinhart. Four words: Get your popcorn ready.

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I'd love to get duclair especially if he came pretty cheaply

coastal
02-18-2017, 10:39 AM
I'd love to get duclair especially if he came pretty cheaplypure mastubatory disclaimer:

If the Sabres and Murray want to go ALL-IN and are serious about making a push for the playoffs... here are the trades I would make.

Arizona: Buffalo's 2017 1st round pick, Zemgus Girgensons and Tyler Ennis

Buffalo: Martin Hanzal and Anthony Duclair

Ottawa: Buffalo's earlier 2017 2nd round pick and Derek Grant

Buffalo: Curtis Lazar

Detroit: Buffalo's later 2017 2nd round pick, William Carrier

Buffalo: Vanek

Forward lineup down the stretch:

Bailey - ROR - Okposo
Kane - Eichel - Reinhart
Foligno - Hanzal - Gionta
Moulson - Lazar - Vanek

Depth forwards: Duclair, Rodrigues

This gives the Sabres 4 heavy centers that can all hang tough down the stretch, and brings in some bottom 6 depth we can build around long term in Duclair and Lazar. Sure we're giving up 3 draft picks and a decent prospect in Carrier, but Zemgus is crap and Ennis is a salary dump. Hell... maybe we can sign Hanzal long term in the process.

That is NOT a line-up I would want to play against... especially with Hanzal in the mix.

Flame away haters.

Skooby
02-20-2017, 04:27 AM
pure mastubatory disclaimer:

If the Sabres and Murray want to go ALL-IN and are serious about making a push for the playoffs... here are the trades I would make.

Bailey - ROR - Okposo
Kane - Eichel - Reinhart
Moulson - Lazar - Vanek

This gives the Sabres 4 heavy centers that can all hang tough down the stretch, and brings in some bottom 6 depth we can build around long term in Duclair and Lazar. Sure we're giving up 3 draft picks and a decent prospect in Carrier, but Zemgus is crap and Ennis is a salary dump. Hell... maybe we can sign Hanzal long term in the process.

That is NOT a line-up I would want to play against... especially with Hanzal in the mix.

Flame away haters.

It has merit but so much for the upcoming draft, no to Vanek who likes to coast(al).

JATMtheJATM
02-20-2017, 10:39 AM
pure mastubatory disclaimer:

Bailey - ROR - Okposo
Kane - Eichel - Reinhart
Moulson - Lazar - Vanek

Flame away haters.

I've been mentioning hanzal for a while, but this off-season.