X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

tyrod release day

march 9 is the first day of the new nfl year . the bills have until the 4th day of the new calendar year to make a decision.

so here is a prediction date thread on whether he gets released or you may guess he stays with a restructure pick that day also.

my guess....................

bills release tyrod taylor on march 6th being nice to him so he can negotiate with a new team before FA starts
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: tyrod release day

He stays with restructure deal.

His stats look good on paper.

7-9 here we come.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

7-9 here we come.
      Agree with this. Unless they can come up with someone who is definitely better. That is unlikely.

Comment

• bdutton
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

7-9 here we come.
        No other viable option out there.

7-9 in a coaching transition year would actually be considered a success.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
          No other viable option out there.

7-9 in a coaching transition year would actually be considered a success.
          After looking at who the Bills are playing next year, 7-9 will be a miracle.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

We'll make the playoffs if he returns.

The D is going to be top10. Maybe better. And we won't blow games with 150 yards in penalties and stupid clock management.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
              We'll make the playoffs if he returns.

The D is going to be top10. Maybe better. And we won't blow games with 150 yards in penalties and stupid clock management.
              You're usually more grounded than this.
              Last edited by swiper; 02-07-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                You're usually more grounded than this.
                He's good enough to ride a good defense to a wild card loss. I'm not sure how much more than that he'll ever manage, but Schwartz or McDermott would have had the 2015 & 2016 Bills in the playoffs. We just had a self destructive buffoon driving the bus instead.

Obviously we'll have to see how free agency goes, but the D has had the talent to be good. And Rod's good enough to not get in their way.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

He's good enough to ride a good defense to a wild card loss. I'm not sure how much more than that he'll ever manage, but Schwartz or McDermott would have had the 2015 & 2016 Bills in the playoffs. We just had a self destructive buffoon driving the bus instead.

Obviously we'll have to see how free agency goes, but the D has had the talent to be good. And Rod's good enough to not get in their way.
                  Well, I hope you're right, I really do...but I think they're going with Tampa-2 defense (last one was gone in 2015 when Lovie Smith got the boot in Tampa) because they have Frazier, Babich, Babich and Byrd. To me that means they'll get blistered by running games, seam routes, tight ends and short passing games, leaving Taylor to do what he's proven to do terribly, pass from behind.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I believe we committed to an obsolete defense more obsolete than the one that just failed.

Comment

• jimmifli
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Well, I hope you're right, I really do...but I think they're going with Tampa-2 defense (last one was gone in 2015 when Lovie Smith got the boot in Tampa) because they have Frazier, Babich, Babich and Byrd. To me that means they'll get blistered by running games, seam routes, tight ends and short passing games, leaving Taylor to do what he's proven to do terribly, pass from behind.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I believe we committed to an obsolete defense more obsolete than the one that just failed.
                    Philly dumped him because he was too aggressive. Then they got worse and regretted it. He went to Carolina and learned some constraint.

I don't think you can take a guy whose core belief led to his team leading the NFL in blitzing percentage and then end up with a Tampa-2 bend & break defense. I trust fans more than pundits and Panther fans are surprised it took him so long to land a job, they're sad to see him go but also happy for him. I think that points to a level of respect for a coordinator that we don't see very often here.

I'm more worried about the offense. I think it was successful because Roman is very talented at drawing up plays and schemes, and then we let someone else call the games. It feels like we got a little lucky with managing to score so many points with the worst passing attack in the league. I can be done again, but we need the OC to understand Rod's limits. And his strengths in creating mismatches.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Philly dumped him because he was too aggressive. Then they got worse and regretted it. He went to Carolina and learned some constraint.

I don't think you can take a guy whose core belief led to his team leading the NFL in blitzing percentage and then end up with a Tampa-2 bend & break defense. I trust fans more than pundits and Panther fans are surprised it took him so long to land a job, they're sad to see him go but also happy for him. I think that points to a level of respect for a coordinator that we don't see very often here.

I'm more worried about the offense. I think it was successful because Roman is very talented at drawing up plays and schemes, and then we let someone else call the games. It feels like we got a little lucky with managing to score so many points with the worst passing attack in the league. I can be done again, but we need the OC to understand Rod's limits. And his strengths in creating mismatches.
                      Like I said, I hope you're right but I don't think you are. I like McDermott (can't for the life of me imagine why he went with Frazier). Dennison, well, I have more faith in him designing plays Tyrod can't run, than Lynn/Roman trying to hope Tyrod can run plays he can't run. Not too sure it amounts to much.

But seriously, I hope you're right.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I will not watch one game of the Bills 2017 season if Tyrod is the starting QB for 27m dollars.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          I will not watch one game of the Bills 2017 season if Tyrod is the starting QB for 27m dollars.
                          I agree. I don't think anyone can justify him at that price tag. And the Bills would be nuts to pay him that, as he's not going to command anywhere near it on the open market.

For me, given the absence of any better alternatives, you keep him if you can restructure and get him down to the $17-$20M range. That's what he's probably worth on the open market.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                            And the Bills would be nuts to pay him that, as he's not going to command anywhere near it on the open market.
                            Sure but we agreed to do it once already so who knows

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              i wont be able to not watch but ill actually be mad while i watch

ive become indifferent the last few years

Comment

Working...
                              X