• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Get McCown as QB2

Quarterback drama is endless in Cleveland. But after a slew of forgettable predecessors, workhorse veteran QB Josh McCown is breaking the mold, Marc Sessler writes.

In no way am I advocating him as starter, but here's a guy who can throw for 300+ yards with a decent TD:INT ratio in case Tyrod/Jones/?? goes down.

• Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Get McCown as QB2

I think McCown (37) is under contract for 2017. Brian Hoyer (31) isn't though and does the same thing better and younger.

Hoyer's last two games (before getting hurt) were over 300 yards (699 yards, 2 td/ 0 int), McCown's last two (before getting hurt) were for 177 yards (1 td, 2int).

The getting hurt part is probably significant though for both of them.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

With all of the ties to Andy Reid in the coaching staff it wouldn't shock me if we sign Nick Foles as a bridge QB. I'd also be in favor of trading down in Round 1 to then select a CB to replace Gilmore and acquire an extra 3rd Round pick a date use one of our 3rds on a kid like Nathan Peterman.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

McCown sucks.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          I think McCown (37) is under contract for 2017. Brian Hoyer (31) isn't though and does the same thing better and younger.

Hoyer's last two games (before getting hurt) were over 300 yards (699 yards, 2 td/ 0 int), McCown's last two (before getting hurt) were for 177 yards (1 td, 2int).

The getting hurt part is probably significant though for both of them.
          I advocated bringing in Hoyer as starter the year we brought Cassell in and took a flier on Taylor. Would be happy if he came on a backup-friendly contract.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

No to McNown. He's just no good. And proven it repeatedly.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

If you have Taylor why bring in another back up? You want to bring in someone who can possibly be the starter for a long time.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Would rather role with Tyrod and Cardale at that point...

Comment

Working...
                X