• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

NFL.com AFC East rookie Grades...

Bills - D

However, this was a painfully inefficient draft for a team that could have been a few players away from disrupting the division.
    What grade will Miami's Laremy Tunsil-led rookie class receive from Conor Orr? See how he evaluates the rookie class -- and analyzes the combine/free agency focus -- of each AFC East team.

Interesting thing to me, if you go through it, Bills got 15 starts from their rookies (including UDFA), Miami 25, Jets 34, Pats 41.

Coming off a 12-4 season, without a pick until round 2 (#60 overall), the Pats got 41 starts out of rookies and finished 14-2 with a championship.

We went from 8-8 to 7-9 with 15.

I still say Whaley is terrible (besides pro personnel), doesn't give me good feelings about the upcoming draft.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-08-2017, 06:33 PM.
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: NFL.com AFC East rookie Grades...

Couldn't predict Ragland's injury, same can't be said for Lawson. Add Ragland getting 16 and we're middle of the pack. Still ****ty though!

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

It wasn't a "D."

It was a solid "F."

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
        Couldn't predict Ragland's injury, same can't be said for Lawson. Add Ragland getting 16 and we're middle of the pack. Still ****ty though!
        Ragland was drafted specifically to play in Ryan's defense, right? Whoops.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
          Ragland was drafted specifically to play in Ryan's defense, right? Whoops.
          It's what we do... bring in "talent" to fit a system.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • May 2024

Whaley is good looking man and until the 9 iron releases him from the clutches of her Asian clam, he ain't going any where despite how incompetent he is as a NFL GM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
              • Jul 2005

To be far previous teo
              drafts we had a rookie of the year candidate. I will not judge if this class was good or bad at this point.

Darby was good for a second rounder. John miller looking real good so far and I like nick O'Leary will be interesting to see him but when he played this year he got good marks

2014 Sammy when healthy is very good. Preston had started so that is good and Cyrus played well at LT this year. That said due to knee issue not sure if he can replicate on right side but if he can that was not bad

no it is not earth shattering draft but better than 60 percent or more teams

i am very high in Kevon seymore by the way. Has all the athletic ability and if the eye surgery helps him out and he can take a step this year he could be very good on the outside. Or he is another Justin Gilbert with all world athletic ability but cannot play
              Last edited by DesertFox24; 02-09-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • May 2024

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                To be far previous teo
                drafts we had a rookie of the year candidate. I will not judge if this class was good or bad at this point.

Darby was good for a second rounder. John miller looking real good so far and I like nick O'Leary will be interesting to see him but when he played this year he got good marks

2014 Sammy when healthy is very good. Preston had started so that is good and Cyrus played well at LT this year. That said due to knee issue not sure if he can replicate on right side but if he can that was not bad

i am very high in Kevon seymore by the way. Has all the athletic ability and if the eye surgery helps him out and he can take a step this year he could be very good on the outside. Or he is another Justin Gilbert with all world athletic ability but cannot play

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                  To be far previous teo

The only way you can say we had a rookie of the year candidate is in that we had rookies.

Preston Brown has been the only dependable starter in Whaley drafts, with Darby & Miller more maybe than then the other maybes we always seem loaded with.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I'm still not feeling the Whaley love. Sure, he's had a few good moves, but he has largely been ineffective. The talent level isn't what it needs to be after he's had 3 full off-seasons.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                      It's what we do... bring in "talent" to fit a system.
                      Then change the system every other year. Or every year. Last year was the first year they haven't switched for a 3-4 to a 4-3 or back since 2011.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                        Then change the system every other year. Or every year. Last year was the first year they haven't switched for a 3-4 to a 4-3 or back since 2011.
                        Ryan's hybrid system was a unique example of terrible though, because it was both while being neither. Mostly they lined up as a 5-2, then had 15 adjustments at offense setup and personnel to define what it was really supposed to be at the snap. We weren't really a 3-4 though. If you look at it hard we were really a 5-2, 4-3, 3-4 maybe or not.

Was a really stupid system we changed into though, yes. Kind of still stuns me what he did with Schwartz's successful defense. Schwartz only had a year and you got no sense at all that there was any painful transition from Pettine's 3-4, 5-2, 4-3 maybe or not.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          The only way you can say we had a rookie of the year candidate is in that we had rookies.

Preston Brown has been the only dependable starter in Whaley drafts, with Darby & Miller more maybe than then the other maybes we always seem loaded with.
                          Darby was in rookie of the year conversation and finished second may I remind you.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            I'm still not feeling the Whaley love. Sure, he's had a few good moves, but he has largely been ineffective. The talent level isn't what it needs to be after he's had 3 full off-seasons.
                            I do agree with you to a point. Where he has failed is QB, if he gets a good QB then his bad moves will get hidden like the pats if he does not get a QB then he has to be perfect in everything else and no GM can do that.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Ryan's hybrid system was a unique example of terrible though, because it was both while being neither. Mostly they lined up as a 5-2, then had 15 adjustments at offense setup and personnel to define what it was really supposed to be at the snap. We weren't really a 3-4 though. If you look at it hard we were really a 5-2, 4-3, 3-4 maybe or not.

Was a really stupid system we changed into though, yes. Kind of still stuns me what he did with Schwartz's successful defense. Schwartz only had a year and you got no sense at all that there was any painful transition from Pettine's 3-4, 5-2, 4-3 maybe or not.
                              The only position I am worried about on def is the linebacker group. I think we have some decent corners who can play zone. Safety was a hole even with ryan so yeah that was going to get addressed. The DLine I think we need another edge rusher as we have a bunch of DTs and only two DEs, three if you count Lorenzo, so we need more bodies for a good rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X