Wilkinson was released by the Skins; should the Bills make him an offer as a B/U?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Wilkinson was released by the Skins; should the Bills make him an offer as a B/U?

I don't think he's worth that much, maybe $1.5M. He's been overrated since he left Cincy. But, he's an average starter and can rush the passer too.

With depth issues at DT, perhaps it would be good to talk to him. He can spell Adams on passing downs. It'll keep everyone fresh and buy us some insurance in case of injury.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Pride
    • Jul 2002

I am all for it... how about 3 years a 1 mil per year?

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Personality wise, I don't know how he would mesh with this team. Hasn't he had work ethic and character issues in both Cincy and Washington? I have to honestly say that I have never really seen him play much.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

I'd pick anybody up for league min.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Agree with Patrick...at the league minimum you can always cut him before he becomes a problem.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Definitely!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Look, we have tons of cap space that's gonna go unused this year. If we can improve our lot, why not?

I'm sayin' only a 1 yr. or a no-bonus contract.

Yes, Bulldog, I do believe that he's not the best work-ethic guy. He looked overweight on TV last night here.

He won't play for league/vet min. He was scheduled to get $3.5M from the Skins so I can see why they cut him. He wouldn't rework his contract reasonably. But he's worth more than vet-min IMO. And I'm not high on him at all. He is more of a pass rusher however, and given Adam's weight and playing style, perhaps having a pass-rushing DT to rotate in on third downs would be the difference for us this year.

As well, my biggest concern is still depth on our DL. While Wilkinson may not be the best guy, our options are limited. Keep in mind that if Adams or PW goes out w/ an injury, then we're screwed. It may be the same as last year except w/ Spikes backing up the DL. Not as bad, but certainly not good nonetheless.

Besides, guys like Spikes and PW will "keep him in line."

I'm not saying it's the best case scenario, and obviously I don't think it is. But it is a valid option for us to assist w/ depth and pass-rushing ability.

Plus, he may play for us for cheaper. Many teams may not have the available cap space, and how many interested teams have the talent we do to "make a run."
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Brian H
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Nov 2002

I think the fact that we have Lebeau and Spikes may lure him here with a small contract even!
                  ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Brian H
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Nov 2002

I think wys has ap oint here what happens when Adams needs a breather?? Edwards?? Bannan?? I don't think I'd feel that secure with one of these two anchoring the run control with Williams..
                    ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

I would sign him for the simple reason that if we don't, the Pats will! Seriously, do the Pats need help on the d-line?
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Brian H
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Nov 2002

Absolutely and they were looking at Ted Washington......
                        ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Brian H
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Nov 2002

Wilkinson had his best years under Lebeau and he would accept a backup role knowing Adams wont play every single down....
                          ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• StanMarino13
                            • Jul 2003

I think the Bears were looking for another option then Traylor, or Washington as they wanted to release one of them. I believe Wilkinson was rumoured to possibly go there. I dont think he'll take the vet min from u guys, but if he did that would be great for ur depth.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i would ***** LOVE to have that guy as a back up.. are you kidding me??
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X