02-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Bye bye Tyrod, it's all over here.

djjimkelly
02-09-2017, 09:41 PM
i just want it to be done already.

i truly despise this guy

TacklingDummy
02-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Goodbye, the Bills can go 6-10 with or without you.

Skooby
02-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Goodbye, the Bills can go 6-10 with or without you.

He didn't miss a game and we missed the playoffs by a lot.

WagonCircler
02-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Tyrod, we hardly knew Ye. May the wind be always at your back, and may you learn that the area between the hashmarks is not a no-fly zone.

Tuck it and run the **** outta here. It's what you do.

Cali512
02-09-2017, 10:27 PM
i just want it to be done already.

i truly despise this guy

Tyrod has been a model citizen and has warranted nothing to be despised about. It sounds like you have a hatred for something other than his personality and talent because neither can be questioned

It may be race

WagonCircler
02-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Tyrod has been a model citizen and has warranted nothing to be despised about. It sounds like you have a hatred for something other than his personality and talent because neither can be questioned

It may be race

You're an *******.

If he didn't suck, he would be beloved.

But he sucks, and it would be INSANE to overpay for him, because we would be stuck with an overpaid ****ty QB for the next 3 year.

OpIv37
02-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Why the **** would he restructure? Worst case scenario for him is that they cut him and he gets $10 million. horrible contact, as I said from day 1. Whaley sucks.

Zero
02-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Who the hell asks a player to restructure a deal that was inked less than a year earlier? Why was this contract offered to begin with? Why the unconventional pay schedule with gargantuan-sized balloon payment?

Our FO is almost as bad as the Knicks'

Cali512
02-09-2017, 10:55 PM
You're an *******.

If he didn't suck, he would be beloved.

But he sucks, and it would be INSANE to overpay for him, because we would be stuck with an overpaid ****ty QB for the next 3 year.

He doesn't suck?

But regardless I wasn't talking about his play. To despise Tyrod is extreme. He's done nothing to warrant it

SpikedLemonade
02-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Bye Bye...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXzAAXOBsY

Mr. Pink
02-09-2017, 11:28 PM
He doesn't suck?

But regardless I wasn't talking about his play. To despise Tyrod is extreme. He's done nothing to warrant it

I wouldn't say I despise him but I won't watch a game next year if he's still on the roster.

He simply isn't any fun to watch play.

I've long since gotten over the wins and losses thing...this isn't a playoff team and isn't anywhere close to being one...I'm watching to be entertained and the offense with him leading isn't entertaining. The defense is average and offers no entertainment either.

He's Colin Kaepernick, without the ability to take a team to the playoffs.

HHURRICANE
02-10-2017, 01:44 AM
You guys better pray that plan B is better than Tyrod. I think losing him is a big mistake. I hope you guys like Desean because I guarantee that's who we are taking in the first round.

coastal
02-10-2017, 05:29 AM
You guys better pray that plan B is better than Tyrod. I think losing him is a big mistake. I hope you guys like Desean because I guarantee that's who we are taking in the first round.

Plan B?

did you watch the Super Bowl?

DraftBoy
02-10-2017, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't be willing to restructure either. No issue with Taylor taking his stance and no issue with the Bills likely moving on because of it.

Dmoney
02-10-2017, 06:43 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/

so there is always this to make you all feel good....

X-Era
02-10-2017, 06:48 AM
And here we go.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6509/tyrod-taylor20th highest paid cap hit next year at QB? I wouldn't either.

djjimkelly
02-10-2017, 07:22 AM

It may be race

dont call me a racist because he cant throw the ball.

i backed losman ( a mexican) i backed EJ also black,

he sucks even if we painted him polka dots

OpIv37
02-10-2017, 08:01 AM

It may be race
Seriously? His talent absolutely can be questioned. He regressed last season and still doesn't see wide open WR's.

Yeah he's a model citizen. But so were Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitz. Like Tyrod, they were all likeable guys, but like Tyrod, they just didn't get it done on the field.

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Seriously? His talent absolutely can be questioned. He regressed last season and still doesn't see wide open WR's.

Yeah he's a model citizen. But so were Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitz. Like Tyrod, they were all likeable guys, but like Tyrod, they just didn't get it done on the field.
I don't think he's disputing that.

Isn't "despise" a little strong?

Buffalogic
02-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Tyrod just isn't good enough. It's that simple.

I bet we pick up the option, however.

Kenny
02-10-2017, 10:08 AM
I dont like it, but I think we pick up the option too. What's the alternative? Trade for Romo? Try out Cutler? Give Fitz another shot? Pray that Cardale is the answer? While depth is questionable, we actually have some talent on our roster. Throwing away our QB (as average as he might be), means starting over again.

Mouldsie
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM

29th in cap hit, that's what matters

Mouldsie
02-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Fans are stupid. I have a feeling the Bills FO operates like a typical fan sometimes.

cookie G
02-10-2017, 11:09 AM
dont call me a racist because he cant throw the ball.

i backed losman ( a mexican) i backed EJ also black,

he sucks even if we painted him polka dots

backing Losman and EJ is really nothing to brag about.

The Beef
02-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Why would he negotiate against himself?

He either gets his option picked up and secures himself a boatload of cash or hits FA.

The Browns, 49ers, Jets and Bears are all probably in play.

He will see similar or more guaranteed money in his next deal even if it is just as a placeholder for a rookie.

If he's offer something like 2 years and 30M from one of these teams then the Bills have a chance of getting him back for less.

He would be an idiot to restructure unless he was going to get more guaranteed money from Buffalo with a salary at 15M+.

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2017, 11:49 AM
JP was Mexican?

HAMMER
02-10-2017, 12:00 PM
I am not sure we have seen his ceiling yet but it is disturbing to see him repeatedly miss so many open receivers. The deal OBD made has really backed them into a corner, I just can't see them tying themselves to Tyrod for 3 more years unless McD and Dennison really believe he can improve.

justasportsfan
02-10-2017, 12:02 PM

we're already paying our running backs a boatload of $$$. no need to pay a glorified rb that is an average at best passer , more money.

swiper
02-10-2017, 12:16 PM

It may be race

What? Where'd you get that?

What's to hate is the the guy telling the fans he's worth every penny of that contract, which everyone knows he's not. But it's your OBD that should have the bulk of the ill will focused upon.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2017, 12:20 PM
JP was Mexican?

Juan Pablo

swiper
02-10-2017, 12:22 PM
I don't think he's disputing that.

Isn't "despise" a little strong?

When people say they despise Tyrod Taylor, I always read it to mean they really despise OBD for locking him into this dumb contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Juan Pablo

El Chapo

swiper
02-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Tyrod just isn't good enough. It's that simple.

I bet we pick up the option, however.

Didn't Pegula say he would do that recently - if that's what his football people wanted?

Thurmal
02-10-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna miss that one play they called that always fooled the defense where Watkins ran down the sideline wide-open waving his hand as a decoy and Clay ran across the middle wide-open waving his hand as a decoy, and then we would dump off to Felton for three easy yards. Worked 100% of the time.

djjimkelly
02-10-2017, 01:44 PM
backing Losman and EJ is really nothing to brag about.

didnt realize i was bragging

but they all suck. :)

djjimkelly
02-10-2017, 01:46 PM
JP was Mexican?

J. P. Losman - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._P._Losman
Jonathan Paul Losman (born March 12, 1981) is a former American football quarterback. ..... people of Mexican descent · Miami Dolphins players · UCLA Bruins football players · American players of American football of Mexican descent.
QB Rating‎: ‎75.6
TD–INT‎: ‎33–34
Passing yards‎: ‎6,271

Bill Cody
02-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Only in Buffalo would you sign a guy with a 10m buyout clause. 10m buyout? 10? Roll that around on your tongue for a bit and tell me how it's possible Doug Whaley is still drawing a check.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Only in Buffalo would you sign a guy with a 10m buyout clause. 10m buyout? 10? Roll that around on your tongue for a bit and tell me how it's possible Doug Whaley is still drawing a check.

I thought we could let Tyrod go and it would only cost us $3MM. Is it really $10MM?

Bill Cody
02-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I thought we could let Tyrod go and it would only cost us $3MM. Is it really $10MM?

idk just reading what somebody posted

sudzy
02-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Tom Brady #574???

In fact there a four Bills before the first Patriot. The Bills aren't cheap anymore. Now they are just stupid.

YardRat
02-10-2017, 05:30 PM
It's not a bad contract and was fair to both sides.

If you're great, we'll pay you like you're great.
If you suck, you'll get cut because you suck.

Tyrod wasn't great, so really there should be no qualms about not paying him. But, he sucked 'just good enough' that some feel he shouldn't simply be let go.

If the same language was inserted into EJ's contract prior to last season it wouldn't be an issue with people because the outcome is so obviously apparent.

Turf
02-10-2017, 05:43 PM
There is no reason for Tyrod to accept anything other than the original deal. If he stays in Buffalo and renegotiates, everyone knows he's a stopgap, which can effectively end his career and value. By agreeing to stay with a team that is begrudgingly keeping him because they have no one else he is devaluing himself.
If he stays, he will be cut eventually, effectually ruining his career.
He has no choice from his perspective but to move on and take the 10mil if that's what the buyout is which is a gift from God, and sign on with another team that actually wants him and he'll still have the some money in the end, with some dignity.

YardRat
02-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I can't find anything about a $10mil buy out. According to spotrac, the only guaranteed money was $9.5mil (2.6 base salary, 3.5 roster bonus, and 3.4 signing bonus). If the team cuts him, he doesn't get any additional money (unless I'm missing something) and the only cap ramification is the remainder of his signing bonus (2.6mil) gets rolled up into the '17 cap.

Buffalogic
02-10-2017, 06:05 PM
There is no buyout.

X-Era
02-10-2017, 06:26 PM
What I don't get is what the hell the latest spin means... Tyrod won't restructure. But he'll later his contract to give the Bills more cap room... What's the difference again? If he said I won't take a pay cut but will restructure I get that. But I won't take a pay cut or restructure but I'll alter the contract to give you more cap room. Huh?

Add 2022 to the deal with an option to get out in a future year and spread the bonuses out to that additional year. It's actually a pay cut but don't tell him that.

X-Era
02-10-2017, 06:31 PM
There is no reason for Tyrod to accept anything other than the original deal. If he stays in Buffalo and renegotiates, everyone knows he's a stopgap, which can effectively end his career and value. By agreeing to stay with a team that is begrudgingly keeping him because they have no one else he is devaluing himself.
If he stays, he will be cut eventually, effectually ruining his career.
He has no choice from his perspective but to move on and take the 10mil if that's what the buyout is which is a gift from God, and sign on with another team that actually wants him and he'll still have the some money in the end, with some dignity. Or... He really does believe the Bills can win and he can help them, he loves the team, he believes in himself, he knows Rex and the crappy scheme screwed him, and he wants to stay.

To me, we go to a more spread O, go more balanced over run heavy, and prove to ourselves that Tyrod can throw to multiple WR's at 20 yrds or less most of the time and in under 3 seconds and we're just fine.

I've always felt McCoy does better with more room to pick his holes anyways.

Mace
02-10-2017, 07:01 PM
To me, we go to a more spread O, go more balanced over run heavy, and prove to ourselves that Tyrod can throw to multiple WR's at 20 yrds or less most of the time and in under 3 seconds and we're just fine.

Well if that's all, then it's just dandy. Forcing him to pass better, read faster, react quicker will certainly be the answer we haven't tried.

Let's face it, Whaley nailed his own foot into the floor certain he wouldn't need to walk around. He was thinking to grade as pass/fail, not expecting a "C-". With Taylor, the Bills can't be good enough, without Taylor they do themselves harm in the short term

I expect them to pick up his option and not be good enough for the duration, myself, it's just what the Bills do. They don't fail spectacularly, but they can't succeed either because their focus is set to least worse.

Turf
02-10-2017, 07:55 PM
I was for keeping Tyrod, but after these playoffs and especially the Super Bowl I'm kidding myself thinking he can make any of the throws needed to win those big games. We need to find an accurate pocket passer.

kingJofNYC
02-10-2017, 09:36 PM
I was for keeping Tyrod, but after these playoffs and especially the Super Bowl I'm kidding myself thinking he can make any of the throws needed to win those big games. We need to find an accurate pocket passer.
You can make this claim for all but 6 teams or so, NFL has a QB problem.

Mace
02-10-2017, 09:49 PM
You can make this claim for all but 6 teams or so, NFL has a QB problem.

I think they're slowly being overpowered by the college game. Spread or Air Raid offense is slowly bouncing down the stairs and the NFL game keeps backing up steps to stuff it into the evolution of the pro game at their own pace.

Night Train
02-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Love it.

This will usher in a new QB and not prolong the marriage of the Bills and a 7-9 record.

swiper
02-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Love it.

This will usher in a new QB and not prolong the marriage of the Bills and a 7-9 record.

Right. It could very well lead to a 5-11 record.

I guess drafting @ #8 instead of #10 would be great to some Bills fans.

djjimkelly
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Right. It could very well lead to a 5-11 record.

I guess drafting @ #8 instead of #10 would be great to some Bills fans.

i truly want a 2 win season.

i now back cardale jones!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
02-12-2017, 04:31 AM
It's not a bad contract and was fair to both sides.

If you're great, we'll pay you like you're great.
If you suck, you'll get cut because you suck.

Tyrod wasn't great, so really there should be no qualms about not paying him. But, he sucked 'just good enough' that some feel he shouldn't simply be let go.

If the same language was inserted into EJ's contract prior to last season it wouldn't be an issue with people because the outcome is so obviously apparent.

I hate to argue but this is an awful contract. We were in the driver's seat when we were negotiating last year and we came up with this? All or nothing? I agree he's not great but there will be plenty of teams signing him if we don't.

jamze132
02-12-2017, 06:05 AM
There is no better option currently available than Tyrod. However, the contract is much more of an issue than his physical and mental abilities. I would love to have him back and see how he develops with new coaching...we all know Rex never hired coaches that bring out the best in a player, especially QB.

But the near term problem here is our brutal schedule next season. You can pretty much take it to the bank right now that whatever we do we will have no better than an 8-8 record after next season. So why take a chance that a "different" kind of QB is going to actually figure it out in a new offense with new coaches in his first year? Probably not the best way to allocate resources considering all of the variables involved in having a winning team. Whaley and Overdorf are the real issue here. They put this team in a huge pickle and were able to smooth talk the owners into blessing off on this absurd contract. Wouldn't shock me if Brandon had his hand in it too. Complete mess. Total incompetence from an NFL front office and every year the fans pay for it.

sudzy
02-12-2017, 07:39 AM
There is no better option currently available than Tyrod. However, the contract is much more of an issue than his physical and mental abilities. I would love to have him back and see how he develops with new coaching...we all know Rex never hired coaches that bring out the best in a player, especially QB.

And this offensive coaching staff inspires you? At least Rex hired a QB coach that had coached QBs before. Our current QB coach has spent his last 29 years coaching WRs.

YardRat
02-12-2017, 08:32 AM
And this offensive coaching staff inspires you? At least Rex hired a QB coach that had coached QBs before. Our current QB coach has spent his last 29 years coaching WRs.

Maybe Tyrod needs somebody that has had extensive experience with WR's so the coach can tell him who he's supposed to be throwing the ****ing ball to.

The Jokeman
02-12-2017, 09:47 AM
What I don't get is what the hell the latest spin means... Tyrod won't restructure. But he'll later his contract to give the Bills more cap room... What's the difference again? If he said I won't take a pay cut but will restructure I get that. But I won't take a pay cut or restructure but I'll alter the contract to give you more cap room. Huh?

Add 2022 to the deal with an option to get out in a future year and spread the bonuses out to that additional year. It's actually a pay cut but don't tell him that.

The latest spin is Tyrod won't take less money but willing to change how he gets the money or as a contract or bonus. As the Bills could change terms and free up more cap room as needed. Yet not sure Tyrod's good enough so I say bring in another bridge QB and draft a guy like Nathan Peterson in the 3rd Round to compete with Foles and Cardale. If none of them pan out then maybe take a QB in Round 1 next year depending on who comes out.

SpikedLemonade
02-12-2017, 12:31 PM
The latest spin is Tyrod won't take less money but willing to change how he gets the money or as a contract or bonus. As the Bills could change terms and free up more cap room as needed. Yet not sure Tyrod's good enough so I say bring in another bridge QB and draft a guy like Nathan Peterson in the 3rd Round to compete with Foles and Cardale. If none of them pan out then maybe take a QB in Round 1 next year depending on who comes out.

Who cares?

Bye Bye....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygEEH4jkho

WagonCircler
02-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Love it.

Unfortunately, Doug Whaley is picking the new QB. The guy who picked EJ. And Cardale. The 7-9 will continue until he is gone.

Mouldsie
02-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, Doug Whaley is picking the new QB. The guy who picked EJ. And Cardale. The 7-9 will continue until he is gone.

I hope he drafts Chad Kelly next

Turf
02-12-2017, 04:36 PM
We could possibly get Kelly in the fifth. But probably not because playing poker against Whaley is pretty easy, he'll trade up for him.

jamze132
02-13-2017, 05:09 AM

Not sure where I said they inspire me, kid. David Lee is garbage.

BertSquirtgum
02-16-2017, 02:02 AM
Tyrod thinks he's good. What a stupid *******. I'm sure he will enjoy riding the bench as a back up somewhere next year.

Skooby
02-16-2017, 06:46 AM
Tyrod thinks he's good. What a stupid *******. I'm sure he will enjoy riding the bench as a back up somewhere next year.
Only chance he has or seeing the field somewhere is by injury, he isn't an NFL starter and he needs to be cut.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2017, 07:55 AM
He's definitely a top 32 QB in the NFL.

He just isn't good enough to be a winning QB. Saying he's not a starter is pretty ignorant.

Historian
02-16-2017, 08:03 AM
A couple things:

The way I see it, Buffalo has been a QB killer for a couple reasons. Even the guys who leave here don't elevate to playoff caliber football.

1. They rush them into the starter spot too quickly.
2. They do not coach their mechanics.
3. They do not focus on their offensive line, and in some cases, let pro bowl type linemen walk.
4. Players have to adjust their style and mechanics to throw against the winds in this stadium. (We don't get the snow we used to get, but the winds here have increased a lot in the last 20 or 30 years)

Once a QB has spent a couple years here, he becomes useless. I don't care what team he plays for.

Skooby
02-16-2017, 08:14 AM
A couple things:

The way I see it, Buffalo has been a QB killer for a couple reasons. Even the guys who leave here don't elevate to playoff caliber football.

3. They do not focus on their offensive line, and in some cases, let pro bowl type linemen walk.
4. Players have to adjust their style and mechanics to throw against the winds in this stadium. (We don't get the snow we used to get, but the winds here have increased a lot in the last 20 or 30 years)

Once a QB has spent a couple years here, he becomes useless. I don't care what team he plays for.

Valid points. Did the weather stop Jim Kelly from playing ? Does Aaron Rodgers play outside ? How about Tom Brady ? We need to stop making excuses and try to get Romo and draft another guy with our first round pick to learn from him, a guy who can learn. Take Chad Kelly in a later round or UDFA as well but we need talent and a touch to throw the ball.

Watch the conference games, it's a clinic in QB touch and throwing. We are very very far from having that now.

djjimkelly
02-16-2017, 11:11 AM
A couple things:

the results are a by product of the desperation. not one guy has been grroomed properly.

im not sure whether start from day 1 take your lumps is the right approach. or if the sit and learn approach is the right way. we have seen all kinds of method work in the nfl.

the problem with our bills is they never truly commit. now is not the time with tyrod IMO. but the last 20 years has been one bandage after another without a real plan. tyrod right now would be another bandage. and this looks like a EJ and geno smith useless qb draft. we need to let it bottom out and in essence commit to getting a serious young QB in 2018

Mouldsie
02-16-2017, 11:38 AM

Why would a profesional athlete have confidence in himself? What a dick.

DraftBoy
02-16-2017, 12:12 PM
I hope he drafts Chad Kelly next

At this rate they may not have to draft Kelly to get him. He got his combine invite rescinded and his agents confirmed that it's "possible" he may have been involved in another off the field incident.

BertSquirtgum
02-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Why would a profesional athlete have confidence in himself? What a dick.

He sucks

YardRat
02-16-2017, 04:43 PM
I could see Tyrod starting for NYJ...Cleveland...Houston...Minnesota...Chicago...San Francisco. And Buffalo. Everywhere else he's a back-up.

Historian
02-17-2017, 06:40 AM
At this rate they may not have to draft Kelly to get him. He got his combine invite rescinded and his agents confirmed that it's "possible" he may have been involved in another off the field incident.

Can the Bills just...sign him? They have to wait until after the draft right?

I think the Bills are going to take him in the third anyways.

It'll be comical watching Mel Kiper melt down.

DraftBoy
02-17-2017, 06:41 AM
I could see Tyrod starting for NYJ...Cleveland...Houston...Minnesota...Chicago...San Francisco. And Buffalo. Everywhere else he's a back-up.

I don't see Minnesota or Chicago as long as Bradford and Cutler are there. Everywhere else though I agree with you on.

Houston could be 50/50 depending on Savage.

DraftBoy
02-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Can the Bills just...sign him? They have to wait until after the draft right?

I think the Bills are going to take him in the third anyways.

It'll be comical watching Mel Kiper melt down.

Yes, if he goes undrafted he becomes a free agent and the Bills could just sign him.

I highly doubt he goes undrafted but if he keeps doing stupid **** then he does run that risk.

Either the Bills take him and Kiper melts down or the Bills don't take him and half this board will melt down.

YardRat
02-17-2017, 04:59 PM
I don't see Minnesota or Chicago as long as Bradford and Cutler are there. Everywhere else though I agree with you on.

Yeah, a couple of them depend on the teams making decisions on their current QBs first.

Ed
02-21-2017, 11:15 AM
I don't know how reliable @BF_Insiders is, but they're reporting that Tyrod's agent has been meeting with the Bills for a few days. No confirmation of what it's in regards to, but it seems likely that it would be to work out a restructured deal. I'm starting to believe that it seems more likely than not that Tyrod is going to be back. If the Bills were determined to move on from Tyrod I think it would have happened by now, or they at least wouldn't be wasting time trying to pursue a restructure. My guess is that Whaley is more inclined to move on from Tyrod, but the coaching staff wants him back.

BF Insiders ‏@BF_Insiders 2h2 hours ago
More
Just got word that Tyrod Taylor's agent has been meeting with #Bills front office for a few days now. Could be working on restructure.

Kenny
02-22-2017, 08:13 AM
I don't know how reliable @BF_Insiders is, but they're reporting that Tyrod's agent has been meeting with the Bills for a few days. No confirmation of what it's in regards to, but it seems likely that it would be to work out a restructured deal. I'm starting to believe that it seems more likely than not that Tyrod is going to be back. If the Bills were determined to move on from Tyrod I think it would have happened by now, or they at least wouldn't be wasting time trying to pursue a restructure. My guess is that Whaley is more inclined to move on from Tyrod, but the coaching staff wants him back.

Hope this is true. TT hasnt shown anything to prove he's a franchise QB but I think he's good enough to make our offense above average and not make it a liability. Sure he's a stopgap until we can find the next guy, but the only thing certain right now is that there is no next guy right now. He's better than any alternative out there, and if this defense gets fixed up, we're competing for the playoffs.
I know a lot of people are saying SB or bust, but I just want to make the playoffs first. Keep Tyrod and we've got a chance. Get rid of him and plug in Cardale, a rookie, or some other FA QB and I can almost guarantee our streak continues to 18 years (likely more).

Novacane
02-22-2017, 05:18 PM
A couple things:

I think they've just brought in a lot of ****ty QB

TacklingDummy
02-22-2017, 05:24 PM
I think they've just brought in a lot of ****ty QB

Bingo.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2017, 07:44 AM
The only QB since Kelly worth a damn was Bledsoe, and he was already well established and the end of his career.

They just can't find a guy - a combination of bad luck and incompetence.

SpikedLemonade
02-23-2017, 09:52 AM
he only QB since Kelly worth a damn was Bledsoe, and he was already well established and the end of his career.

They just can't find a guy - a combination of bad luck and incompetence.

I despise you for typing that.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Well, I forget a 'T' in the, but it is still sadly true.

All of the other QBs are glorified back ups (Holcomb, Johnson, Edwards) or marginal starters (Flutie, Fitz and Taylor)

Bledsoe had a good season at least and made the offense fun with Henry, Moulds and Price........

Bill Cody
02-23-2017, 11:30 AM
A couple things:

I agree with #3 when we had Bledsoe. That guy could fling it but by the time he was here half a year he was mentally and physically beaten down by a sieve offensive line. Not buying it so much on the other guys; if you look at them one by one I think the main problem with them was lack of talent/brains/leadership/all of the above. Could using them differently/coaching them better have helped? My feeling is sure but not enough to matter. Some guys have IT, most don't.

stuckincincy
02-23-2017, 09:15 PM

ESPN pundit Bill Barnwell likes Taylor for CLE:

"3. Sign QB Tyrod Taylor. The one free-agent move the Browns should force is for their quarterback of the future. Taylor isn't your prototypical QB, but the former Ravens backup was wildly productive in a scheme built around his strengths in Buffalo, where he was both a running threat and a viable downfield passer. Jackson has shown the ability to craft offenses around quarterbacks with atypical skill sets, and he made the most out of Andy Dalton in Cincinnati.

Picking up Taylor doesn't preclude the Browns from drafting a quarterback in the first round over the next two or three years, but he's the best option they're likely to get without using a top-five pick on a passer, especially in 2017. He also won't cost the Browns any of the draft picks they would need to send to the Patriots to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo, which is a massive savings in itself."...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwell5Moves2017AFCN/bill-barnwell-five-moves-afc-north-team-make-2017-nfl-offseason

jamze132
02-24-2017, 07:04 AM
Well, I forget a 'T' in the, but it is still sadly true.

All of the other QBs are glorified back ups (Holcomb, Johnson, Edwards) or marginal starters (Flutie, Fitz and Taylor)

Bledsoe had a good season at least and made the offense fun with Henry, Moulds and Price........

Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that), helped lead the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year and was top 5 last year, and he does NOT turn the ball over. Our offense put up some serious points last year which were the most by a Bills team since 1998 with Flutie. Prior to that, Kelly was the only other QB to put up more than Tyrod did last year. Rex and his defense was clearly the weak link last year.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that), helped lead the #1 rushing attack in the NFL this year and was top 5 last year, and he does NOT turn the ball over. Our offense put up some serious points last year which were the most by a Bills team since 1998 with Flutie. Prior to that, Kelly was the only other QB to put up more than Tyrod did last year. Rex and his defense was clearly the weak link last year.
And the passing game was around 30th. Isn't the rank of the passing game important when talking about QB play?

He has ONE career 300 yard passing game in career and he needed overtime to do that. He also does not throw interceptions because he is so cautious with the ball and does not make passes over the middle that most QBs make and attempt.

As I already posted, he would have started for one playoff team last year (Houston) and there are a number of non playoff teams he also would not start for (Indy, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Diego/LA, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay). That's 21 teams he would not start for. So he is in the bottom third of the league, and that does not get into the teams that it's questionable whether or not he would start for.

So yeah - the quarterbacking on this team is not good enough. if a lot fell into place and things went right they could squeak into the playoffs with Taylor. That's about it.

Certainly the defense was an issue last year too. But the passing game simply isn't good enough and the QB isn't good enough

Joe Fo Sho
02-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Taylor (your marginal starter" has been invited to back-to-back Pro Bowls (yeah I know it doesn't mean much but no other Bills QB outside Kelly can claim that)

It actually doesn't mean anything. Get back to me when he isn't the 6th alternate in the pro bowl, he hasn't earned a pro bowl spot yet. It's always just been handed to him because others drop out.

Thurmal
02-24-2017, 10:21 AM
ESPN pundit Bill Barnwell likes Taylor for CLE:

"3. Sign QB Tyrod Taylor. The one free-agent move the Browns should force is for their quarterback of the future. Taylor isn't your prototypical QB, but the former Ravens backup was wildly productive in a scheme built around his strengths in Buffalo, where he was both a running threat and a viable downfield passer.

Translation -- "I didn't watch a single Bills game last year."

stuckincincy
02-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Translation -- "I didn't watch a single Bills game last year."

Heh - nailed it! :D:

Luisito23
02-24-2017, 12:35 PM
6th. alternate Pro-Bowler...:lol:

jwenger
03-01-2017, 01:03 PM

It would be great to replace Tyrod with DeShawn Watson a winner in his own right.
Finally make the Bills competetive in the NFL.