PDA

View Full Version : Bills went 6-10 without Tyrod missing s snap

Skooby
02-09-2017, 10:00 PM
For all who want to retain him, he didn't miss much playing time and the Bills ended up 6-10. How are going to get ahead with him again ??

Goobylal
02-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Huh? The Bills finished with a 7-9 record. And he didn't play the last game.

Cali512
02-09-2017, 10:26 PM
For all who want to retain him, he didn't miss much playing time and the Bills ended up 6-10. How are going to get ahead with him again ??

He was 7-8 with 2 losses that were solely on our defense

I believe aside from green bay and Oakland, Tyrod makes the playoffs as the QB for the top ten teams

Mr. Pink
02-09-2017, 11:20 PM

I believe aside from green bay and Oakland, Tyrod makes the playoffs as the QB for the top ten teams

And he wouldn't start for any of those top 10 teams.

So your point is moot.

Cali512
02-09-2017, 11:27 PM

So your point is moot.

No it's not? I'm saying that if you put him on a team that carries there weight than he can take them to the playoffs.

You know as well as I do that he's a tier higher than the kaepernicks\RG3s, and one lower than the staffords\Winstons

SpikedLemonade
02-09-2017, 11:27 PM

Although I agree with the point, this is Trumpian in the misuse of facts.

Mr. Pink
02-09-2017, 11:30 PM
No it's not? I'm saying that if you put him on a team that carries there weight than he can take them to the playoffs.

You know as well as I do that he's a tier higher than the kaepernicks\RG3s, and one lower than the staffords\Winstons

Tyrod is bottom of the barrel game manager QB. Boring. Doesn't use the whole field. Has no intermediate passing game.

He'd be lucky to start on 2-3 other teams in the NFL right now, let alone one of those top 10 teams.

Cali512
02-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Tyrod is bottom of the barrel game manager QB. Boring. Doesn't use the whole field. Has no intermediate passing game.

He'd be lucky to start on 2-3 other teams in the NFL right now, let alone one of those top 10 teams.

Cali512
02-09-2017, 11:42 PM
To be honest that was what Rex wanted. There were reports that he was telling Geno to throw to certain players only. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened, because when Tyrod seemed to be let loose, he did great. The game plan vs Seattle, Miami, and SF you see him buying time in the pocket, throwing into coverage, throwing down the middle, and scanning the whole field. The common theme? All were desperate games! As soon as we got to 500, Rex would tie him up again. He was even throwing into coverage those games! Look at his highlights on the season, when he was givin a whole field, good things happened

Skooby
02-10-2017, 03:16 AM
To be honest that was what Rex wanted. There were reports that he was telling Geno to throw to certain players only. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened, because when Tyrod seemed to be let loose, he did great. The game plan vs Seattle, Miami, and SF you see him buying time in the pocket, throwing into coverage, throwing down the middle, and scanning the whole field. The common theme? All were desperate games! As soon as we got to 500, Rex would tie him up again. He was even throwing into coverage those games! Look at his highlights on the season, when he was givin a whole field, good things happened

I was at Miami away game and I'll assure you Tyrod looked skittish out there, there's simply no smoothness to the man.

Kenny
02-10-2017, 06:38 AM

I'd argue 4 losses (Miami twice, Seattle and Oakland are 100% on the defense)

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Tyrod makes the playoffs as the QB for the top ten teams

No he doesn't. If he was the starter on a top 10 team, that team would no longer be in the top 10. That team would probably be replaced in the top 10 by the team who got the QB that Tyrod replaced.

Kenny
02-10-2017, 09:58 AM
No he doesn't. If he was the starter on a top 10 team, that team would no longer be in the top 10. That team would probably be replaced in the top 10 by the team who got the QB that Tyrod replaced.
Disagree. Give him an above average defense, and he'd be fine. KC, Dallas, Houston, and NE... The last team wouldnt have won the SB, but these 4 teams would of still made the playoffs. Hell, Im positive we would have made the playoffs if it wasnt for Wrecks.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Disagree. Give him an above average defense, and he'd be fine. KC, Dallas, Houston, and NE...

I'll give you New England, but that just means Tyrod is on the same level as Jacoby Brissett. KC isn't winning 12 games with Tyrod, and I won't concede that Houston is a top 10 team in the NFL. They just won their awful division. Tyrod might have been able to win that division, but that doesn't mean his team would be top 10. Dak's season blew Tyrod's out of the water, with 6 more TDs and 2 fewer INTs. Dallas had 7 one score wins. I'm not convinced Tyrod would have won those, as he has shown that he doesn't have a clutch gene in his body.

Hell, Im positive we would have made the playoffs if it wasnt for Wrecks.

Well Tyrod wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Rex, so you might be right.

Goobylal
02-10-2017, 03:16 PM

So your point is moot.

I don't think the point was to say he would start on any of the top 10 teams, just that with a better defense, the Bills would have make the playoffs last year. I agree.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2017, 03:51 PM
I don't think the point was to say he would start on any of the top 10 teams, just that with a better defense, the Bills would have make the playoffs last year. I agree.

"With a better defense, we'd be in the playoffs for sure!"

- The collective fanbases of a dozen teams watching football in January

The fact is, Tyrod had plenty of chances to win football games for this team, this year, and he fell short. The Ravens game, the 1st Miami game, the Seattle game, the Pittsburgh game..

The guy has 3 4th quarter comebacks in 2 seasons, against TENN and HOU last year, and JAX this year. Those are some special teams he came back and beat, so impressive..

Mace
02-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Taylor is 14-14 as a starter, supported by a run heavy offense because he can't pass his way through games. Anyone who watches him play can see he's looking for running lanes if a play extends, can't go through reads well or direct receivers, can't run a crisp two minute drill or get plays off fast when needed.

There was one other team in the whole league this year unless I missed something looking over the list, with more rush attempts than pass, and that was Dallas breaking in a 4th round rookie disaster starter. We aren't Dallas. Prescott passed his team down the field efficiently when needed.

You have to presume a team with Taylor needs to run the ball more than pass. Cleveland, cycling through bad quarterbacks by necessity, even had more pass attempts. It's just how the game is nowadays. Teams don't mean to run more than pass even with bad quarterbacks. Why ? Because it's time consuming offense in a quick scoring game the whole league embraces.

Someone will certainly grab Taylor if we cut him, and pay for it when they see the same thing we've seen. Fine, more power to him/them, won't be our problem.

He's the least worst option here atm as well, which is painful but true. How does that pan out ? The same as it has, he won't be able to pass them back into games, but he won't do anything to lose them, presuming we continue to invest in the excellent running game that has us at 15-17 with him on the roster.

Magically conjuring a shutdown defense to support your QB who can't pass well seems a lot more convoluted than just trying to magically conjure a better QB. Probably better to keep trying to replace him unless you want to endlessly measure success by least worse, imho.

bdutton
02-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Reading this post just lowered my IQ. Agreed... it was pretty low as it was. But that post didn't help at all.

Goobylal
02-10-2017, 08:19 PM
"With a better defense, we'd be in the playoffs for sure!"

- The collective fanbases of a dozen teams watching football in January

The fact is, Tyrod had plenty of chances to win football games for this team, this year, and he fell short. The Ravens game, the 1st Miami game, the Seattle game, the Pittsburgh game..

The guy has 3 4th quarter comebacks in 2 seasons, against TENN and HOU last year, and JAX this year. Those are some special teams he came back and beat, so impressive..

Fair enough. My point though was that if Rex did what he was brought here to do, the team would have made the playoffs at least once in the past 2 years. Even with TT's performance.

Skooby
02-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Reading this post just lowered my IQ. Agreed... it was pretty low as it was. But that post didn't help at all.
I speak and write in deeper meanings, which people like you miss.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
02-11-2017, 12:26 PM
I speak and write in deeper meanings, which people like you miss.

Ahhh! Mr. Trump! How is everything?