PDA

View Full Version : Should Graham and Williams switch positons?

Cali512
02-09-2017, 11:17 PM
I really feel like Aaron Williams is most fit for FS. Yes he can hit, but his strengths lye most with his ball skills. He has great range, and should be used as our play maker on D. It will also limit an injury by not being in a box

Graham meanwhile struggles with ball skills and is a little slower than Williams. He also for the most part is a sure tackler and has more bulk than Williams.

I would also think about that Marcus Roberson transitioning to FS. He has good ball skills and was all over vs the jets

EDS
02-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Aaron Williams should retire due to injury.

Graham probably has one more season, maybe two, in him before he needs to retire due to age.

Roberson will be lucky to have a roster spot in the NFL in 2017.

OpIv37
02-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Um, the first year or two that Aaron was in the league, they tried to use him at S and he was terrible. He didn't excel until he was moved back to his natural CB position. If he doesn't retire he needs to stay at CB.

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Um, the first year or two that Aaron was in the league, they tried to use him at S and he was terrible. He didn't excel until he was moved back to his natural CB position. If he doesn't retire he needs to stay at CB.
Not sure if you are kidding or not, but you do know you have that backwards, don't you?

Skooby
02-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Polar opposite.

OpIv37
02-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Not sure if you are kidding or not, but you do know you have that backwards, don't you?

Sorry, my memory sucks.

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Sorry, my memory sucks.

FAKE NEWS SPREADER!!!!!!

Mouldsie
02-10-2017, 10:25 AM
This thread hurts my brain.

Ed
02-10-2017, 10:50 AM
I think in McDermott's defense the safety positions are fairly similar and both play deep. I also wouldn't be surprised if Graham gets cut. We could use an upgrade over him and he's one of the few players that could provide significant cap savings while taking on minimal dead money.

Mace
02-11-2017, 06:13 PM
I think in McDermott's defense the safety positions are fairly similar and both play deep. I also wouldn't be surprised if Graham gets cut. We could use an upgrade over him and he's one of the few players that could provide significant cap savings while taking on minimal dead money.

With new system and potentially DB heavy, needing to replace Aaron (or back him up for the inevitable), I'd probably keep Graham, renegotiate his salary for another year and convert some money to signing bonus unless they're looking to bottom it all out at once.

YardRat
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
FAKE NEWS SPREADER!!!!!!

Separated at birth?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar346_5.gif http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/589731456e09a8c0078b53ec-480/melissa-mccarthy-sean-spicer-snl.jpg