PDA

View Full Version : Juan Castillo running game coordinator

justasportsfan
02-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Im still baffled by this decision. Castillo held the same title when the ravens won the ravens won the sb in 2013 but their running game was horrible. They won the sb by running 3t times with 2.7 ypa.

Anyone have insights to Castillo?

The Jokeman
02-12-2017, 12:46 PM
It's just a title, he's a RB coach but maybe a little more pull.

WagonCircler
02-12-2017, 01:08 PM
His rum isn't very good.

Goobylal
02-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Shady is a stud no matter who the OC/RBC is.

Luisito23
02-12-2017, 03:36 PM

Yup, too bad he doesn't run it every down, or plays every single game.

Goobylal
02-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Yup, too bad he doesn't run it every down, or plays every single game.

What RB does?

Mace
02-12-2017, 07:26 PM
It's just a title, he's a RB coach but maybe a little more pull.

You probably mixed it up, he's an OL coach with a little more pull for the running game. He's primarily OL coach.

Castillo is a solid OL coach, I think his history backs him up. As far as run game coordinator, well, Baltimore was not super intent on their run game and we have more talent (they had West, Forsett and Rice tailing off, and well, Flacco).

Just with Baltimore he worked with Osemele & Yanda on the line, they turned out pretty well. I'm often upset, but I think Castillo is a solid hire.

Oaf
02-12-2017, 10:10 PM
What RB does?
FJ

Kenny
02-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Im still baffled by this decision. Castillo held the same title when the ravens won the ravens won the sb in 2013 but their running game was horrible. They won the sb by running 3t times with 2.7 ypa.

Anyone have insights to Castillo?

Wasnt that the year Dilfer was QB? Pretty hard to run, when you're 100% one dimensional.

justasportsfan
02-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Wasnt that the year Dilfer was QB?

nope. Dilfer was in 2000.

Mace
02-13-2017, 06:42 PM
nope. Dilfer was in 2000.

Yeah, 2012 was Flacco throwing 3 td's against the Jim Harbaugh/Kaepernick/Roman offense with Gore still doing his thing. I still don't think the Ravens were going to trade runs there, all things considered, but it's one of those games where you can see a more efficient passing game beating a better running game.

49'ers were 4th rushing, 23rd passing that year. Ravens were 11th rush, 15th pass. Not sure you can blame the different focus on Castillo though. He's not Roman, but I still think of him more as a decent OL coach than anything else.

feldspar
02-13-2017, 07:15 PM
FJ

Not true at all.

Freddie had 8 years where he was expected to suit up every Sunday...same with MCoy. Yet Freddie actually has missed more games due to injury than McCoy, who has WAY many more carries than Freddie and was pretty the featured back all the time.

I swear the Freddie love makes people delusional sometimes. Freddie ran it every down and played every single game?

OpIv37
02-13-2017, 07:36 PM
His rum isn't very good.

LMAO. A few years back, we got a rare snowstorm on a Sat night (it was probably like 6 inches, but that's earth-shattering with the pathetic way they deal with snow around here). My SIL and my friend (who are now married) had a package of hurricane mix from that famous place in New Orleans, and they made a pitcher with Castillo rum, stayed in and drank it. They both had legendary hangovers the next day.

feldspar
02-13-2017, 09:10 PM
The moral?

We must run from the rum runners...

...in the running game...

Or some such.

Mace
02-13-2017, 09:17 PM
The moral?

We must run from the rum runners...

...in the running game...

Or some such.

You have to do something about this avatar. Maybe head and shoulders or waist up ?

feldspar
02-13-2017, 09:27 PM
You have to do something about this avatar. Maybe head and shoulders or waist up ?

We're both going to have to learn to live with it Mace...I guess. My arch-nemesis LardFat sits on his on his hands about it with hands tied.

Serves you right though, if you don't like the mini feldspar. Now we're even, because you got rid of the evil jester with beer in hand. That was perfect for you, and I didn't like that change. You somewhat redeemed yourself with the Trump avatar holding up a picture of the evil jester with beer, but you made yet another mistake by changing THAT again.

So now we might be even in the avatar wars, although LardFat has never had a remarkable one...kinda gay all along, really.

But you need the full-bodied Michael Myers for full effect on this particular picture. Maybe I'll find a nice close-up on the Myers face someday if it'll make you a happier man, which is what I strive to accomplish ;)

Mace
02-13-2017, 09:46 PM
We're both going to have to learn to live with it Mace...I guess. My arch-nemesis LardFat sits on his on his hands about it with hands tied.

Serves you right though, if you don't like the mini feldspar. Now we're even, because you got rid of the evil jester with beer in hand. That was perfect for you, and I didn't like that change. You somewhat redeemed yourself with the Trump avatar holding up a picture of the evil jester with beer, but you made yet another mistake by changing THAT again.

So now we might be even in the avatar wars, although LardFat has never had a remarkable one...kinda gay all along, really.

But you need the full-bodied Michael Myers for full effect on this particular picture. Maybe I'll find a nice close-up on the Myers face someday if it'll make you a happier man, which is what I strive to accomplish ;)

Well, I'm going to look into this later in the week with some image programs, and will get back to you. Just don't you snark about my avatar Mister, it's a work in progress I keep dorking around with because I know how to make bigger avatars than some people.

feldspar
02-13-2017, 11:17 PM
Well, I'm going to look into this later in the week with some image programs, and will get back to you. Just don't you snark about my avatar Mister, it's a work in progress I keep dorking around with because I know how to make bigger avatars than some people.

Ha,ha.

I'm a little out of practice...coulda made a BIGGER gay avatar if I had remembered my ABCs. I use a free program called photoscape, which I like to edit photos with. It's nice for most things.

How do you like my new avatar? I don't know who is scarier, the guy in my avatar or the guy in yours...

Mace
02-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Ha,ha.

I'm a little out of practice...coulda made a BIGGER gay avatar if I had remembered my ABCs. I use a free program called photoscape, which I like to edit photos with. It's nice for most things.

How do you like my new avatar? I don't know who is scarier, the guy in my avatar or the guy in yours...

Dunno, I'm almost inclined to have your same avatar but bigger to make sport of you.

feldspar
02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Dunno, I'm almost inclined to have your same avatar but bigger to make sport of you.

I'm game, but there is no way to make the old one bigger under the current rules. This one is maxed out. 150x150 pixels or 9.8 KBs (whichever is smaller)...those are the parameters. The old one was rectangular, and so was therefore shrunken upon reinstatement. 150 was its height. Can't get around it.

What's wrong with the new one? Not big enough? Wait for the unfounded Swiper jab about that...

I'm rather fond of it this one, and the size is maxed. Naughtius Maximus.

SpikedLemonade
02-14-2017, 12:26 AM
What a stupid hiring.

Do the Bills not know that this guy is going to be round up and deported to Mexico soon to pay for the wall?

Mace
02-14-2017, 05:02 PM
What's wrong with the new one? Not big enough? Wait for the unfounded Swiper jab about that...

I'm rather fond of it this one, and the size is maxed. Naughtius Maximus.

Actually nothing, you're looking imposing again old son.

swiper
02-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Not understanding the swiper dig. But that avatar sort of scared me.

Mace
02-14-2017, 06:58 PM

The tiny one too ?

YardRat
02-14-2017, 07:55 PM
I can't do anything with other user's avatars, otherwise I would be glad to help out. As I've said before, I'm a mod not an admin, so my abilities are pretty much restricted to merging threads and laughing at you behind your back with the other mods in our private forum.

feldspar
02-15-2017, 07:00 PM

You recently said that my avatar was downsized to reflect the size of my tool, remember? You can get randomly nasty, you know...

"Halloween" scared the **** out me as a youngster. Watched it when my age was in the single-digits somewhere. The first time I was left alone in the house, I was so paranoid that Michael Myers was out to get me, that I had to leave and take a walk, which didn't exactly help. We had those same tall cabinets in our house that Michael popped out of only to impale Bob to the wall with a butcher knife. Popped out of that one time on my brother and scared the hell out him...I think he deserved it still.

Halloween is the best guy-after-you movie ever made IMO. It's the atmosphere and the ominous music as much as anything.

Mace
02-15-2017, 07:13 PM
You recently said that my avatar was downsized to reflect the size of my tool, remember? You can get randomly nasty, you know...

"Halloween" scared the **** out me as a youngster. Watched it when my age was in the single-digits somewhere. The first time I was left alone in the house, I was so paranoid that Michael Myers was out to get me, that I had to leave and take a walk, which didn't exactly help. We had those same tall cabinets in our house that Michael popped out of only to impale Bob to the wall with a butcher knife. Popped out of that one time on my brother and scared the hell out him...I think he deserved it still.

Halloween is the best guy-after-you movie ever made IMO. It's the atmosphere and the ominous music as much as anything.

Did you see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre ? Nothing against Myers, agree with you, and "Texas" was more of a "they're-after-you" movie, but leatherface dancing around the road like a maniac with the chainsaw at the end was one of the most gleefully chilling things I remember in a horror movie. When I started posting years ago at the Range, I almost went with a leatherface avatar and a different name.

feldspar
02-15-2017, 07:16 PM
I can't do anything with other user's avatars, otherwise I would be glad to help out. As I've said before, I'm a mod not an admin, so my abilities are pretty much restricted to merging threads and laughing at you behind your back with the other mods in our private forum.

...and my abilities include laughing you right out here in the open. ;)

My God, the permanent damage you've caused me and my avatar...

I like the new one, though.

feldspar
02-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Did you see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre ? Nothing against Myers, agree with you, and "Texas" was more of a "they're-after-you" movie, but leatherface dancing around the road like a maniac with the chainsaw at the end was one of the most gleefully chilling things I remember in a horror movie. When I started posting years ago at the Range, I almost went with a leatherface avatar and a different name.

Yeah, that one got me too as a youngster. All dirty, gritty, terrible, and merciless. Halloween trumped that for me, though.

Hell, I went to see Jaws at the theater when I was five years old. I can still remember sitting Indian-style on my seat, just in case Jaws was around to bite my legs off.

Crazy seeing these kind of movies when you are so young.

Mace
02-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Hell, I went to see Jaws at the theater when I was five years old. I can still remember sitting Indian-style on my seat, just in case Jaws was around to bite my legs off.

Crazy seeing these kind of movies when you are so young.

Same though a bit older. I'd never go swimming in the sea again and felt concerned taking a bath, eyeing the drain warily because who knows what's under there...could be enough space for 100 feet of water and a hungry monster shark, how would I know ?

For me though, I saw some old junk movie called "the Screaming Skull" when I was a little kid on Fright Night (had to stay up for it). Honestly looks silly when I see it now, the sfx were terrible. But I was traumatized, I mean what do you do if a screaming skull is shrieking and chasing you through everything ? You can easily outrun Frankenstein or the Mummy if you go outside quick, Dracula only chases girls, and tossing the Wolfman a pork chop can buy you some time, but holy geez, a screaming skull screaming at you and chasing you !!!

Occurred to me a couple years later, well, that's where you use the baseball bat to knock it over to a neighbors house, especially ones you don't like anyway because they keep your toys that go over the fence and won't give them back. I mean what's it going to do when it catches you besides keep hollering and try to nip at you. So I wore gloves a couple years until I was sure I could hit a screaming skull to next door as well as the cheap softballs I could keep banging off their awnings. Go ahead, keep that one too, I have plenty, this one here is waiting for you to go back inside.....

feldspar
02-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Same though a bit older. I'd never go swimming in the sea again and felt concerned taking a bath, eyeing the drain warily because who knows what's under there...could be enough space for 100 feet of water and a hungry monster shark, how would I know ?

For me though, I saw some old junk movie called "the Screaming Skull" when I was a little kid on Fright Night (had to stay up for it). Honestly looks silly when I see it now, the sfx were terrible. But I was traumatized, I mean what do you do if a screaming skull is shrieking and chasing you through everything ? You can easily outrun Frankenstein or the Mummy if you go outside quick, Dracula only chases girls, and tossing the Wolfman a pork chop can buy you some time, but holy geez, a screaming skull screaming at you and chasing you !!!

Occurred to me a couple years later, well, that's where you use the baseball bat to knock it over to a neighbors house, especially ones you don't like anyway because they keep your toys that go over the fence and won't give them back. I mean what's it going to do when it catches you besides keep hollering and try to nip at you. So I wore gloves a couple years until I was sure I could hit a screaming skull to next door as well as the cheap softballs I could keep banging off their awnings. Go ahead, keep that one too, I have plenty, this one here is waiting for you to go back inside.....

Ha,ha...never seen that one...

But, gold...

YardRat
02-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Halloween is still my favorite horror flick of all time, by a large margin.

I first saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre at a midnight showing on campus in college, what a great experience. A lot of the others in attendance had already seen it (most likely a few times) and turned the show into an 'audience participation' performance a la Rocky Horror. Good times.

feldspar
02-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Halloween is still my favorite horror flick of all time, by a large margin.

Good man. I don't think they'll ever best that one.

And Mace, I just read the sign trump is holding up in your avatar...made me laugh.

feldspar
02-15-2017, 08:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gBMoxTSPq-c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stuckincincy
02-15-2017, 09:17 PM

Heh...pundit feels McCoy could be a cut:

On the bubble: 30 AFC players who could be released
By Gregg Rosenthal Around The NFL Editor
Published: Feb. 15, 2017 at 01:33 p.m. Updated: Feb. 15, 2017 at 07:46 p.m.

"Potential surprise names:

3) LeSean McCoy, RB, Buffalo Bills (and possibly other high-priced teammates): This would admittedly be a stunning move, but bear with my logic.

McCoy is a very awkward fit in new coordinator Rick Dennison's one-cut running attack. The Bills could decide to risk letting McCoy go a year too early rather than hold on to him a year too long. If the team designates McCoy a post-June 1 cut, they get $6.25 million in cap room and -- more importantly -- save $6 million in cash to spend elsewhere. The Bills have a number of high-priced players who may no longer work with the new coaching staff. Tight end Charles Clay is paid like a superstar for role-player production, although his contract makes him difficult to cut. Defensive end Jerry Hughes and defensive tackle Kyle Williams are also questionable fits with new coach Sean McDermott. GM Doug Whaley may be loath to blow this team up because of the dead money involved, but there's a case to be made to start clearing the decks."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786023/article/on-the-bubble-30-afc-players-who-could-be-released

The Jokeman
02-15-2017, 09:29 PM
You probably mixed it up, he's an OL coach with a little more pull for the running game. He's primarily OL coach.

Castillo is a solid OL coach, I think his history backs him up. As far as run game coordinator, well, Baltimore was not super intent on their run game and we have more talent (they had West, Forsett and Rice tailing off, and well, Flacco).

Just with Baltimore he worked with Osemele & Yanda on the line, they turned out pretty well. I'm often upset, but I think Castillo is a solid hire.

Indeed brain fart on my behalf.

sudzy
02-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Heh...pundit feels McCoy could be a cut:

On the bubble: 30 AFC players who could be released
By Gregg Rosenthal Around The NFL Editor
Published: Feb. 15, 2017 at 01:33 p.m. Updated: Feb. 15, 2017 at 07:46 p.m.

"Potential surprise names:

3) LeSean McCoy, RB, Buffalo Bills (and possibly other high-priced teammates): This would admittedly be a stunning move, but bear with my logic.

McCoy is a very awkward fit in new coordinator Rick Dennison's one-cut running attack. The Bills could decide to risk letting McCoy go a year too early rather than hold on to him a year too long. If the team designates McCoy a post-June 1 cut, they get $6.25 million in cap room and -- more importantly -- save $6 million in cash to spend elsewhere. The Bills have a number of high-priced players who may no longer work with the new coaching staff. Tight end Charles Clay is paid like a superstar for role-player production, although his contract makes him difficult to cut. Defensive end Jerry Hughes and defensive tackle Kyle Williams are also questionable fits with new coach Sean McDermott. GM Doug Whaley may be loath to blow this team up because of the dead money involved, but there's a case to be made to start clearing the decks."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786023/article/on-the-bubble-30-afc-players-who-could-be-released

That would be like committing career suicide for Whaley. IMO, McCoy is the ONLY elite player on this team and basically the engine AND transmission of this offense. This is a 4 win team (tops) without Shady and that would get Doug fired.

Mace
02-18-2017, 08:21 PM
That would be like committing career suicide for Whaley. IMO, McCoy is the ONLY elite player on this team and basically the engine AND transmission of this offense. This is a 4 win team (tops) without Shady and that would get Doug fired.

Well, as much as I hate to mention the idea, not if Pegula buys into it by following his Sabres concept. If at first you don't succeed by throwing money (Ryan, McCoy, Clay, Harvin, Bush) at it, tank it and start over relatively fresh.

I do not whatever like this idea, but it's a possibility.