PDA

View Full Version : Kicking The Tires On Nick Foles

Night Train
02-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Seems like something the Bills would do. Another Kyle Orton type. 6-5 244 and he has thrown 96 TD's as an on again, off again starter. Insurance.

Draft Kellys nephew and send those 2 to camp with C. Jones and may the best man win.

A passing game is something we actually should explore. :up:

Mace
02-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I can't really say it would be better or worse than whatever.

Ingtar33
02-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Nick Foles has been rancid and oft injured since he left Philly. Furthermore his only ok season in philly was good enough to get him traded for an injured Sam Bradford.

Definite downgrade from Tyrod.

Mouldsie
02-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Foles might be bad enough for a tank job, but we know Cardale is....

HHURRICANE
02-21-2017, 04:19 AM
I think Foles is actually a solid player. If we are building a team around a real QB I'll take his style over Tyrod any day of the week.

He's a great pick up assuming we draft a Chad Kelly or a true pocket passer.

swiper
02-21-2017, 05:12 AM
Nick Foles has been rancid and oft injured since he left Philly. Furthermore his only ok season in philly was good enough to get him traded for an injured Sam Bradford.

Definite downgrade from Tyrod.

What are you talking about? In 2013 (3 seasons ago) he was #1 in the NFL in yards per attempt and QB rating. He was #8 in completion %. Because he played on a crappy Rams team, then sat behind Alex Smith wouldn't do any QB justice.

He threw 27 TDs and ONLY 2 INT. He's head & shoulders better than Taylor & Orton combined.

Someone suggested the other day that they should re-unite Foles, McCoy, and DeSean Jackson as they all had record years together in 2013. THAT makes more sense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2013

swiper
02-21-2017, 05:18 AM
Furthermore the fact he got traded for Sam Bradford was just more Chip Kelly stupidity. Just like the the stuff that dropped McCoy into our laps - our only star player.

Ingtar33
02-21-2017, 09:09 AM
yes because trading a player who threw for 2100y 13 TDs and 10 INTs yards on 311 passing attempts was braindead, that was his last season in philly, how about his season with the rams? 2100y 7TDs and 10INTs on 337 passing attempts. Look at every single year of his career, that is his passing average except for 1 season in philly where he destroyed every career average he had.

Foles is the very definition of fools gold.

jimmifli
02-21-2017, 12:02 PM
In related news Nick Foles has announced he'll miss training camp due to a tire injury.

swiper
02-21-2017, 12:06 PM
yes because trading a player who threw for 2100y 13 TDs and 10 INTs yards on 311 passing attempts was braindead, that was his last season in philly, how about his season with the rams? 2100y 7TDs and 10INTs on 337 passing attempts. Look at every single year of his career, that is his passing average except for 1 season in philly where he destroyed every career average he had.

Foles is the very definition of fools gold.

Or you are.

Mouldsie
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Or you are.

I'll bet you any amount of money he doesnt come close to those number or a super bowl, ever. I doubt he's ever a 16 game starter again.

Bill Cody
02-21-2017, 02:26 PM
I'll bet you any amount of money he doesnt come close to those number or a super bowl, ever. I doubt he's ever a 16 game starter again.

don't forget a Fole and his money are soon parted

swiper
02-22-2017, 07:41 AM

27 TDs vs 2 INT is a sign of talent at the NFL level. Say what you will, but he did that 3 seasons back. Chip Kelly is the fool's gold.

Kenny
02-22-2017, 03:04 PM
27 TDs vs 2 INT is a sign of talent at the NFL level. Say what you will, but he did that 3 seasons back. Chip Kelly is the fool's gold.

Nah, I'll have to side with Chip Kelly that season. Teams werent prepared to play that offense and the Eagles on a whole benefited that year.
Remember that first year when the fins introduced the Wildcat? They got 11 wins that year and embarassed the Patriots in NE! Miami had over 200yards rushing that game. Sure Belicheck found a way to stop the run in the second game, but it just goes to show you how new schemes can really ramp up your numbers (and of course, how short-lived these trickery/schemes can last).

Mouldsie
02-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Nah, I'll have to side with Chip Kelly that season. Teams werent prepared to play that offense and the Eagles on a whole benefited that year.
Remember that first year when the fins introduced the Wildcat? They got 11 wins that year and embarassed the Patriots in NE! Miami had over 200yards rushing that game. Sure Belicheck found a way to stop the run in the second game, but it just goes to show you how new schemes can really ramp up your numbers (and of course, how short-lived these trickery/schemes can last).

That and if you watched the games with your eyes you saw the wide open WR he had at times and the lucky deep throws that got completed at times

- - - Updated - - -

Then make me a bet

coastal
02-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Please just tank