PDA

View Full Version : The Answer is Cutler

Thurmal
02-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Laugh all you want.

Who has the cannon to throw through the wind in BFLO? Cutler.

Who is a top-tier talent who just needs a change of scenery? Cutler.

Who can make all the throws to unleash the sleeping giants that are Watkins and Clay? Cutler.

Who led his team to a conference championship game at home? Cutler.

stuckincincy
02-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Laugh all you want.

Who has the cannon to throw through the wind in BFLO? Cutler.

Who is a top-tier talent who just needs a change of scenery? Cutler.

Who can make all the throws to unleash the sleeping giants that are Watkins and Clay? Cutler.

Who led his team to a conference championship game at home? Cutler.

After 17 years, there's no laughter left.

So sure, why not! :drive:

ICRockets
02-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Jay Cutler is one of the biggest douchebags in the NFL. He would quit on this team by Week 8, guaranteed. **** him, and **** anybody stupid enough to want him.

Thurmal
02-17-2017, 11:10 AM
After 17 years, there's no laughter left.

So sure, why not! :drive:
Haha, that's kinda where I am. I know they have no prayer of being good next year, so morbid curiosity takes over. Cardale Jones starting? Okay.

Thurmal
02-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Jay Cutler is one of the biggest douchebags in the NFL. He would quit on this team by Week 8, guaranteed. **** him, and **** anybody stupid enough to want him.
You think Tyrod Taylor is good, so your judgment of QB play is suspect.

Ed
02-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Signing Jay Cutler at this point would be what a hopeless loser franchise would do, so it wouldn't surprise me. I forgot that Rick Dennison was Cutler's OC for all three years in Denver and had his best season with him, so it also seems like a legit possibility.

justasportsfan
02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
I'd rather keep Tyrod. He will at least play 100% and not quit on his team .

The last buffalo fan
02-17-2017, 11:38 AM
The experts said Randy Moss was done and would be only a distraction in NE. There is a new sheriff in town, who knows.

Ed
02-17-2017, 11:41 AM
The experts said Randy Moss was done and would be only a distraction in NE. There is a new sheriff in town, who knows.
Randy Moss was an elite HOF type player that went from playing for a pathetic Oakland team to playing with Tom Brady. Jay Cutler at his best still isn't that good.

The last buffalo fan
02-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Randy Moss was an elite HOF type player that went from playing for a pathetic Oakland team to playing with Tom Brady. Jay Cutler at his best still isn't that good.

He is better NOW than Tyrod, any QB backup, and any possible draft pick.

Mahdi
02-17-2017, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't be upset with Cutler.

The Dennison/Knapp/Kubiak system is suited to Cutler's strengths and keeps things simple for him.

That said I want Tyrod back also. Would be a good competition in camp.

Thurmal
02-17-2017, 12:18 PM
I'd rather keep Tyrod. He will at least play 100% and not quit on his team .

Tyrod sucks, dude. Jay Cutler half-assing it hungover is better than Taylor will ever be.

Mouldsie
02-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Tyrod sucks, dude. Jay Cutler half-assing it hungover is better than Taylor will ever be.

Why does Tyrod have a better QB rating, QBR, TD:INT ratio, YPC, Completion %, PPG, rushing yards, and win %?

Bill Cody
02-17-2017, 12:40 PM
the answer is FU

Joe Fo Sho
02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Why does Tyrod have a better QB rating, QBR, TD:INT ratio, YPC, Completion %, PPG, rushing yards, and win %?

I'm not at all advocating for Cutler, but there are several reasons why Tyrod's numbers in the categories you listed are better. Most of it can be contributed to Tyrod being a wussy little captain checkdown. Some of it can be contributed to QBR not being a legitimate statistic, Tyrod being a running quarterback, and Cutler being a gunslinger who takes too many risks. Not to mention some of those statistics are so close that they may as well be the same, like YPC (11.7 vs 11.8) Completion % (61.9 vs 62.3), and winning % (49% vs 50%).

Mouldsie
02-17-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm not at all advocating for Cutler, but there are several reasons why Tyrod's numbers in the categories you listed are better. Most of it can be contributed to Tyrod being a wussy little captain checkdown. Some of it can be contributed to QBR not being a legitimate statistic, Tyrod being a running quarterback, and Cutler being a gunslinger who takes too many risks. Not to mention some of those statistics are so close that they may as well be the same, like YPC (11.7 vs 11.8) Completion % (61.9 vs 62.3), and winning % (49% vs 50%).

Yards per ATTEMPT:

TT: 7.4
JC: 7.2

Joe Fo Sho
02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Yards per ATTEMPT:

TT: 7.4
JC: 7.2

Ok sure, there's another statistic that may as well be the same number.

If anything, this proves that neither of these guys are capable of playing QB for this team.

Thurmal
02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Games where Cutler has brought his team to a win with his arm -- Several.
Games where Taylor has brought his team to a win with his arm -- Zero.

OpIv37
02-17-2017, 01:25 PM
The answer is Cutler?

Well, only if the question is "where can we find an expensive, mediocre locker-room cancer QB who falls apart both on and off the field when things don't go his way?"

I get the Taylor frustration but don't delude yourself into thinking that different is better.

k-oneputt
02-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Thurmal you have to understand that you are dealing with libs here.
They do not like guys that ruffle feathers and are not nice. These are the same guys who sat n Rich Stadium and wanted Reich over Kelly.
They don't know football.
Cutler gives you a legit chance for the play-offs this coming season. We then draft the next qb in the upcoming draft.

Ed
02-17-2017, 03:05 PM
They do not like guys that ruffle feathers and are not nice. These are the same guys who sat n Rich Stadium and wanted Reich over Kelly.
Cutler gives you a legit chance for the play-offs this coming season. We then draft the next qb in the upcoming draft.
Why would Cutler make us or any other team a playoff contender? He hasn't helped the Bears get to the playoffs in 7 years.

OpIv37
02-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Lmao. You must have gotten your Cutler info from a fake news site. He's mediocre at best and wouldn't get this team anywhere near the playoffs.

Joe Fo Sho
02-17-2017, 03:16 PM
It's so great how politics can work its way into almost every argument nowadays.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Cutler? Why could people be excited about Cutler?

It must be all his playoff appearances. Oh wait, he hasn't made the playoffs since 2010.

Well then, it must be his wild record of success when he got to the playoffs. Oh wait, he has one playoff win his entire career, against a team with a losing record.

Surely it's his long track record of winning in the regular season then. Oh wait, he has 2 winning seasons out of 11, and his one 8-8 season came because of one of the worst blown calls in NFL history.

He must raise his game against the best opponents. Nah, he's 2-11 against Green Bay.

Is it because of his dominant individual statistics? No, he has yet to post a 30 TD season and led the league in INTs twice.

Maybe it's all his individual awards? No, even though apparently a Pro Bowl is so devalued that Tyrod Taylor has been invited twice, Cutler hasn't been asked in 9 years.

His team must play really hard for him then. Nah, he's universally regarded as a douchebag.

Cutler is the worst option. I would rather have Cardale, and I'm dead serious.

justasportsfan
02-17-2017, 03:27 PM

not when he's not whining and not being a cancer I'd agree.

If we bring him in and the bills draft high for his eventual replacement, he will go ballistic.

To tell you the truth I find Cutler intriguing. Question is, how much are you willing to pay him and how do you think he will take?

justasportsfan
02-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Yup, Hillary is my president :puke:

Cutler gives you a legit chance for the play-offs this coming season. We then draft the next qb in the upcoming draft. . Even though I don't like Tyrod as a passer but in fairness to him ,Tyrod as well gave us a legit chance to make playoffs if Rex didn't blow up our D from Schwartz. The goal is to find a long term qb to take us to the sb. Neither Tyrod nor Cutler are in the same league as Ryan, Brady, Ben etc.

Ed
02-17-2017, 03:54 PM

It must be all his playoff appearances. Oh wait, he hasn't made the playoffs since 2010.

Well then, it must be his wild record of success when he got to the playoffs. Oh wait, he has one playoff win his entire career, against a team with a losing record.

Surely it's his long track record of winning in the regular season then. Oh wait, he has 2 winning seasons out of 11, and his one 8-8 season came because of one of the worst blown calls in NFL history.

He must raise his game against the best opponents. Nah, he's 2-11 against Green Bay.

Is it because of his dominant individual statistics? No, he has yet to post a 30 TD season and led the league in INTs twice.

Maybe it's all his individual awards? No, even though apparently a Pro Bowl is so devalued that Tyrod Taylor has been invited twice, Cutler hasn't been asked in 9 years.

His team must play really hard for him then. Nah, he's universally regarded as a douchebag.

Yeah, but he can throw a football hard! He deserves a 12th chance, and Buffalo will be the place where he finally overcomes all of his other flaws.

djjimkelly
02-17-2017, 03:58 PM
the answer is a 2 win season to get the best qb in 2018

coastal
02-17-2017, 04:00 PM
:rofl:

idiots

Ed
02-17-2017, 04:11 PM
the answer is a 2 win season to get the best qb in 2018
With our luck a 2-win season will get us the #2 pick and we'll end up with Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton Manning.

Kenny
02-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Yup, Hillary is my president :puke:

Even though I don't like Tyrod as a passer but in fairness to him ,Tyrod as well gave us a legit chance to make playoffs if Rex didn't blow up our D from Schwartz. The goal is to find a long term qb to take us to the sb. Neither Tyrod nor Cutler are in the same league as Ryan, Brady, Ben etc.

I dont know... SB obviously is the goal, but I'd settle for just making the playoffs and not being the joke of the NFL (or any pro sports for that matter).
Is Cutler better than TT? It's debatable, and even if you dont believe Cutler makes the offense better, if we can get him for half of that crazy salary figure TT is getting, it makes the team better.

If TT doesnt want to restructure, than let his ass out the door. Im in for Cutler

sudzy
02-17-2017, 04:22 PM
You think Tyrod Taylor is good, so your judgment of QB play is suspect.

Forget about him. You know there is always that fat kid that lives in the biggest glass house welfare can buy, that loves to throw stones.

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Somebody forgot they're logged in with an alias and TLBF's English is suddenly perfect. :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2017, 04:39 PM

:rofl: Great post! :bf1:

swiper
02-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Takes one to know one.

swiper
02-17-2017, 06:32 PM
ROFL. Anyone wanting Cutler has ZERO football acumen.

The Bills will never sign that idiot.

Ingtar33
02-17-2017, 06:40 PM

bravo,

you just wrote everything I think about jay cutler. Saved me the time to type it.

justasportsfan
02-17-2017, 06:53 PM
I dont know... SB obviously is the goal, but I'd settle for just making the playoffs and not being the joke of the NFL (or any pro sports for that matter).
Is Cutler better than TT? It's debatable, and even if you dont believe Cutler makes the offense better, if we can get him for half of that crazy salary figure TT is getting, it makes the team better.

If TT doesnt want to restructure, than let his ass out the door. Im in for Cutler
If you aim for the playoffs and fall short, you wnd up with the team weve had the last 17 years. Aim for the sb and fall short, you end up with a team thats consitently making playoffs

OpIv37
02-17-2017, 06:57 PM

But we can't because of Tyrod's dead cap. If we keep Tyrod, it's a $15.9 million cap hit. If we cut him, it's a $10 million hit in dead cap. We MIGHT be able to get Cutler for $3 million, but even that's only a net gain of $3 million. It helps but it's not enough to make the team significantly better.

Turf
02-17-2017, 07:09 PM
The only affordable short term upgrade may be Cutler. At least he can make throws.

YardRat
02-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Let's see who they actually bring in and then see if people would rather have Cutler instead.

Mace
02-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Let's see who they actually bring in and then see if people would rather have Cutler instead.

Still have that feeling they're going with Taylor anyway, and won't draft a QB.

stuckincincy
02-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Still have that feeling they're going with Taylor anyway, and won't draft a QB.

But is Clemson love truly over and gone?

HHURRICANE
02-18-2017, 05:17 AM
The Bills are eerily quiet so I'm guessing if we don't get Romo in a trade that we are drafting another Clemson player at 10.

Cutler to Buffalo makes no sense.

coastal
02-18-2017, 07:23 AM
I'd rather have Cardale with EJ as his backup.

either Cardale proves to be a lucky pick or we tank.

either way...

winning.

jamze132
02-18-2017, 07:24 AM
I still want to see what Tyrod can do with better coaching.

k-oneputt
02-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Tyrod can't throw down the middle of the field. That should be obvious to everyone. {but I wonder}
No way he should be brought back on that contract. He can beat the bad and average teams, not the good teams, and if he gets behind by a couple of scores its over. He's a nice backup but will not win a Super Bowl with him.
Romo is not coming here. End of that discussion.
Who's left ? Cutler. Who is by far the most talented qb out there. Then who ? Foles. He decent but not as good as Cutler. He would probably play nicer so some of you losers would prefer him.
Draft has got to be a qb at 10. Of course this franchise will f it up and take Watson if he is there, it should be Mahomes. I don't know if Mahomes lasts to our 2nd rd. pick though.

swiper
02-18-2017, 06:43 PM
Tyrod can't throw down the middle of the field. That should be obvious to everyone. {but I wonder}
No way he should be brought back on that contract. He can beat the bad and average teams, not the good teams, and if he gets behind by a couple of scores its over. He's a nice backup but will not win a Super Bowl with him.
Romo is not coming here. End of that discussion.
Who's left ? Cutler. Who is by far the most talented qb out there. Then who ? Foles. He decent but not as good as Cutler. He would probably play nicer so some of you losers would prefer him.
Draft has got to be a qb at 10. Of course this franchise will f it up and take Watson if he is there, it should be Mahomes. I don't know if Mahomes lasts to our 2nd rd. pick though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/18/matt-schaub-brian-hoyer-could-be-among-49ers-targets/

Would rather have Schaub than Cutler. At least Schaub was the NFL passing leader once in his life.

Turf
02-18-2017, 08:24 PM
I think Watson is a taller Tyrod. I question his throwing ability and accuracy. Bad mistake IMO. Bring in Cutler and you could always sign Kelly as an FA. And if one of the other QB's fall to you, take it. We need a receiver.

stuckincincy
02-18-2017, 10:06 PM
I think Watson is a taller Tyrod. I question his throwing ability and accuracy. Bad mistake IMO. Bring in Cutler and you could always sign Kelly as an FA. And if one of the other QB's fall to you, take it. We need a receiver.

Yep. Look at Cinci. Dalton's an OK quarterback, but having AJ Green's skills at his disposal means a lot.

Green is that team's MVP.

Night Train
02-19-2017, 07:51 AM
It would be Bledsoe all over again.

He'd last half a season and we'd be right back where we started.