PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod is medically cleared

Skooby
02-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Say goodbye to Tyrod !

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/bills-say-tyrod-taylor-is-medically-cleared/#comment-5525614

swiper
02-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Or not. Want to hear it from Taylor.

djjimkelly
02-22-2017, 08:01 AM
they wont do it right away either way they are gonna wait till the last second to do this

i'd cut him by noon today but thats me

daryls61
02-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Perfect. Now we are not stuck with him and can move on. Start 12Guage this year or some FA QB and finish low enough to draft one next year when the draft class is better.

X-Era
02-22-2017, 08:16 AM
Say goodbye to Tyrod !

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/bills-say-tyrod-taylor-is-medically-cleared/#comment-5525614
I think he's staying put.

You may see some surprise cuts thought. Eric Wood may be one. Graham, Crapenter (not a surprise). Maybe some restructuring with Kyle Williams and Aaron Williams.

DraftBoy
02-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Or not. Want to hear it from Taylor.

Taylor has no say in the matter.

SpikedLemonade
02-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Bye Bye

Buffalogic
02-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Trade him immediately.

YardRat
02-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Interesting to now know a couple of things...A)Passing the physical was 100% up to the team officials, and B)The existence of additional offset language that allowed any earnings by Taylor from whatever team he signed with to reduce the financial commitment of the Bills to the player.

coastal
02-22-2017, 08:32 PM
C ya

Skooby
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Trade him immediately.
We don't have his rights unless we sign him and right now, that's a $30'M guarantee. Bottom line is we aren't signing and trading him without incurring a major cap hit.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2017, 10:08 PM
I don't know why some of you are so eager to cut him. He's only been the best QB we've had since Kelly and Bledsoe, and a lot of people wanted Bledsoe gone just like this.

Maybe some people subconsciously want the team to keep sucking so that they can keep *****ing and moaning and say I told you so.

Kenny
02-23-2017, 07:25 AM
I don't know why some of you are so eager to cut him. He's only been the best QB we've had since Kelly and Bledsoe, and a lot of people wanted Bledsoe gone just like this.

Maybe some people subconsciously want the team to keep sucking so that they can keep *****ing and moaning and say I told you so.

Well, I'd put Flutie up there also, but I 100% agree with the sentiment. I just dont get why everyone here wants to get rid of an above average QB and replace him with another guy that would downgrade our offense. We're not picking up an elite QB in the offseason and there's no QB prospect that's coming out that really deserves us reaching in the first round.

Skooby
02-23-2017, 07:30 AM

It's the reality that Tyrod can't get it done in money games, see Seattle.

SpikedLemonade
02-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Trade him immediately.
For what --a package of tulip bulbs?

Kenny
02-23-2017, 09:10 AM
It's the reality that Tyrod can't get it done in money games, see Seattle.

I'd blame that game on the defense (and the stupid refs, since we wouldnt of needed a TD anyways). And yes, it's true that TT didnt get it done right at the end, do you think Hoyer or Glennon, or any of the alternatives would have led the offense that many points in Seattle?

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2017, 10:24 AM
I'd blame that game on the defense (and the stupid refs, since we wouldnt of needed a TD anyways). And yes, it's true that TT didnt get it done right at the end, do you think Hoyer or Glennon, or any of the alternatives would have led the offense that many points in Seattle?

I especially liked Tyrod's 3 yard touchdown drive that was setup by the defense/special teams that you're blaming for the loss. Only Tyrod could have completed a drive that spanned an whole 3% of the gridiron. I'm pretty sure Hoyer and Glennon could have done that. They probably could have thrown that lob to Sherman in the endzone where our closest receiver was 20 yards away, too.

The last 3 plays of the game were also impressive:

2nd and goal @ SEA 7 ---> SACK
3rd and goal @ SEA 8 ---> SACK
4th and goal @ SEA 15 ---> INCOMPLETE

Sure, Tyrod had a good game against Seattle. It was one of his best games in his career. What does that say, though? That his one of his best performances ever was a game that he had 1st and goal with 1:01 left on the clock and down 6 points...and ended up giving the ball to back to Seattle at the 15 yard line. What a stud.

Ingtar33
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
in Seattle against a top 5 defense (on the season, it was no.1 going into that game)

27 for 38, 289 yards, 71.1%, 7.61y/a and a 90 rating.

That game wasn't tyrod's loss. Our offense held the ball for 40 minutes, ran up 400 yards of offense while going 12/17 on third down; the problem was, the defense couldn't stop Seattle, only 3 forced punts and all of them in the first half. Russel Wilson was 20 for 26, 282 yards and 2 TDs, the officials screwed us a couple of times in that game too.

I still can't believe anyone would blame Tyrod for the Seattle game. NO ONE puts up 400 yards IN Seattle. Tyrod was lights out all game.

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2017, 12:41 PM
in Seattle against a top 5 defense (on the season, it was no.1 going into that game)

That game wasn't tyrod's loss. Our offense held the ball for 40 minutes, ran up 400 yards of offense while going 12/17 on third down; the problem was, the defense couldn't stop Seattle, only 3 forced punts and all of them in the first half. Russel Wilson was 20 for 26, 282 yards and 2 TDs, the officials screwed us a couple of times in that game too.

I still can't believe anyone would blame Tyrod for the Seattle game. NO ONE puts up 400 yards IN Seattle. Tyrod was lights out all game.

Blaming Tyrod for the loss and thinking that there are other QBs who could also lose that game are two different things, that's not what I said.

I still can't believe that people think Tyrod isn't replaceable. Is there no one else who could throw for under 200 yards against the Colts, Titans, Dolphins, Jets x2, Cowboys, Ravens, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Patriots, Bengals, Jaguars, Raiders, and Browns in only 2 years? That's over 50% of his games that he's failed to reach the apparently-difficult bar of 200 yards. Quick, let's throw our money at him!

Tyrod was lights out all game.

Well, for 59 minutes anyway.

swiper
02-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Taylor has no say in the matter.

He does. Read the article cited.

Buffalo can cut him, but he may claim that he wasn't actually ready to play. If he has medical documentation independent of the Bills team doctor, then the Bills may be on the hook for the loot.

If the Bills choose not to pick up Taylor’s guarantee, it’s still possible that Taylor could file a grievance and claim he isn’t yet healthy.

So, as I said, I want to hear it from Taylor.

Bill Cody
02-23-2017, 03:49 PM

My mom won at bingo once

Night Train
02-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Yet he never duplicated anything near that in 2 years. Hey, I like the fact he was our starter the last 2 years but the bridge QB experiment is done.

I also sat in the stands the last 2 years and saw multiple instances of receivers wide open and frantically waving their hands while Taylor scrambled around to the Benny Hill theme music after making his first read. Too many key plays missed.

It's February and demanding alternatives before the player movement even begins impresses no one. C. Jones, a draft pick and a Vet. That's my guess...then throw the freakin' ball in a passing league...like everyone else. I know we can run the ball.

I get it . Waiting sucks but so does settling for 7 wins.

Ingtar33
02-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Yet he never duplicated anything near that in 2 years. Hey, I like the fact he was our starter the last 2 years but the bridge QB experiment is done.

I also sat in the stands the last 2 years and saw multiple instances of receivers wide open and frantically waving their hands while Taylor scrambled around to the Benny Hill theme music after making his first read. Too many key plays missed.

It's February and demanding alternatives before the player movement even begins impresses no one. C. Jones, a draft pick and a Vet. That's my guess...then throw the freakin' ball in a passing league...like everyone else. I know we can run the ball.

I get it . Waiting sucks but so does settling for 7 wins.

he hit similar numbers a number of times.

YardRat
02-23-2017, 06:49 PM
he hit similar numbers a number of times.

Not very many number of times...270 yards or more three times in '15, and three more times in '16. 11 qb's averaged 270 ypg in 2016...12 in '15. Taylor was ranked 31st at 201 in '16...36th in '15 at 216.8.