PDA

View Full Version : No comp picks for the Bills

Mace
02-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Another drawback to not developing your own talent pipeline but relying on other people's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000787767/article/nfl-awards-compensatory-draft-picks-to-16-teams

DesertFox24
02-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Lol your are a trip. We did not lose anyone last year since we resigned Glenn and franchised Gilmore.

That said I agree stop buying other people's players like clay. We need to get a qb and then I bet we will be a lot like the steelers. Whaley is trying to have a great paper team to try and break the drought. I would rather just pay our own keep cheap depth players in may when they do not cost comp picks and find a qb who will hide a lot of our weaknesses

stuckincincy
02-24-2017, 09:59 PM
A cynic might say they lost nobody of value because their roster had nobody of value worth wooing by other teams. That's sad.

swiper
02-25-2017, 05:25 AM
Lol your are a trip. We did not lose anyone last year since we resigned Glenn and franchised Gilmore.

That said I agree stop buying other people's players like clay. We need to get a qb and then I bet we will be a lot like the steelers. Whaley is trying to have a great paper team to try and break the drought. I would rather just pay our own keep cheap depth players in may when they do not cost comp picks and find a qb who will hide a lot of our weaknesses

I say if you sign a Clay (esp at that salary) then use him more. A lot more.

sudzy
02-25-2017, 06:03 AM
I say if you sign a Clay (esp at that salary) then use him more. A lot more.

Basically, he's the same player he was in Miami. He's a 3-4 catch guy, who shows flashes sometimes and disappears others. There is a reason Miami didn't match the contract.

swiper
02-25-2017, 08:25 AM
They should target him more. Unfortunately they don't have a QB who looks his way enough. My comment was an off-handed criticism at Taylor not throwing at him more. At least Fitzpatrick knew how to use his TE as a safety valve sometimes.

Novacane
02-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Tyrod wouldn't Gronk if we had him.

feldspar
02-25-2017, 10:43 AM
Tyrod wouldn't Gronk if we had him.

Most guys don't Gronk as a general rule. ;)

TacklingDummy
02-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Should get a comp pick out of pity.

17 years worth.

Mace
02-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Should get a comp pick out of pity.

17 years worth.

Hard to imagine anyone in the league would even gripe if they announced "The Bills were given a 3rd because the league felt it was like giving the kid with palsy extra swings at T-ball".

SpikedLemonade
02-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Draft picks or Nose picks -- what is the difference?

The Bills always end up with snot.