PDA

View Full Version : TBN : Bills speaking with one voice: Sean McDermott's

Mace
03-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I have to say I'm pleased about this, the guy seems in control of himself and his plan, and confident enough in it to not need to over explain himself.

I'm not real happy about my perception they will be Tampa-2, and I'm not happy they have 2 WR coaches on QB's, and I don't think Whaley knows what he's doing, but I like McDermott, who strikes me as more focused and intent on his shot than anyone we've had in a long while. I keep suggesting to myself that maybe he's focused and intent enough, with just enough control to pull this off. Gives me some happy for a while, and not like it will ruin my life any further if they fall on their faces again, I'm sort of numb to it.

Anyway...

"Alignment is important," he said. When "you're talk about building a good team and building a great team, and leadership, really alignment is important in all areas. When you talk about that vision and accomplishing that vision with a day-to-day process and the standard that we're going to be about, that alignment is key."

For McDermott, it starts with one voice.

Maybe it does.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/01/bills-speaking-one-voice-sean-mcdermotts/

Generalissimus Gibby
03-01-2017, 10:47 PM
One voice and one mission, 20 years.

YardRat
03-01-2017, 10:49 PM
I think he's going to get a lot of respect from the players and that's going to show up on the field. This guy recognizes a player that is a team leader and embraces him. The other guy cut one.

Luisito23
03-02-2017, 02:31 AM
I don't have any problems with this coach, but I'll never get excited about anyone anymore...Been fooled too many times...Now, I just wait until I see it to believe it.

Skooby
03-02-2017, 04:39 AM
I don't believe any of this at all and expect a whole slew of leaks and excuses when our virtually impossible schedule unfolds. I'd plan on a top 10 pick in 2018, maybe top 3 unless something changes at QB. Like we draft one that comes on the field and is a warrior. Right now 5-11 looks very real with 3-13 more likely.

streetkings01
03-02-2017, 06:14 AM
I think he's going to get a lot of respect from the players and that's going to show up on the field. This guy recognizes a player that is a team leader and embraces him. The other guy cut one.
So you'd take Fred Jackson over TD Mike G? It was the right move period!

Mace
03-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I don't believe any of this at all and expect a whole slew of leaks and excuses when our virtually impossible schedule unfolds. I'd plan on a top 10 pick in 2018, maybe top 3 unless something changes at QB. Like we draft one that comes on the field and is a warrior. Right now 5-11 looks very real with 3-13 more likely.

Well me too, but I'm trying to make myself feel better.

YardRat
03-02-2017, 06:52 PM
So you'd take Fred Jackson over TD Mike G? It was the right move period!

I would have kept him over Boobie Dixon for sure, and most likely Gillislee at the time also. Yes. Leadership is far more difficult to replace than production, and to be honest with Dixon (21 for 44) and Gillislee (47 for 267) combining for 311 yards I would bet FJ would have had better numbers.

Shady, Freddie and Karlos in 2015? You betcha.

Mace
03-02-2017, 07:02 PM
I would have kept him over Boobie Dixon for sure, and most likely Gillislee at the time also. Yes. Leadership is far more difficult to replace than production, and to be honest with Dixon (21 for 44) and Gillislee (47 for 267) combining for 311 yards I would bet FJ would have had better numbers.

Shady, Freddie and Karlos in 2015? You betcha.

Infracting the plan is always comfortable hindsight.

YardRat
03-03-2017, 06:15 AM
Infracting the plan is always comfortable hindsight.

Hey, I was vehement at the time about keeping Freddie, quit infracting my posting history.

Skooby
03-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Well me too, but I'm trying to make myself feel better.
Haha, cool.