PDA

View Full Version : Well BBMB is official dead I guess

DesertFox24
03-02-2017, 02:39 PM
I went there to see if any new stories not uploaded here yet and was told change is difficult and go to facebook or twitter to discuss the Bills. Interesting.

chris66
03-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Yup. Site started to suck anyway. Cant say anything negative w/o getting banned.

Buddo
03-02-2017, 03:30 PM
I find it an especially classless move, tbh, irrespective of whether or not you think the site 'sucked'. No prior notice of it, at all. The timing is particularly noticeable, also, with the Combine/FA/Draft just coming up, it actually is one of the better periods of activity on it, and often funny as all hell.

Facebook, twitter etc. are simply not anywhere near decent platforms to have any sort of sensible discussion, about almost anything. I have no idea about snapchat or instagram, as I've never used them, and have no use for them, but would assume they are cut from the same cloth, i.e. soundbite drivel.

streetkings01
03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Sucks that the traffic will now be pushed here..........this place was negative as it is now we're going to triple in negativity in a week or two.

buffalobillsfan95
03-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Great timing I guess

justasportsfan
03-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Sucks that the traffic will now be pushed here...........

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

Oh wait....

Joe Fo Sho
03-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Sucks that the traffic will now be pushed here..........this place was negative as it is now we're going to triple in negativity in a week or two.

Negativity generally comes with the territory when you're going on 20 years without a playoff berth.

coastal
03-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Russ Brandon is the anti-Christ

MattyNH
03-02-2017, 04:48 PM
I don't have a big issue with them killing it since it was getting bad but they should have given notice.

YardRat
03-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Welcome to any of their former members that find their way here.

03-02-2017, 05:46 PM
I don't have a big issue with them killing it since it was getting bad but they should have given notice.

talked with one of the mods from the board in question. Zero warning.

kishoph
03-02-2017, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see it back up after a decision on Tyrod Taylor is made. It got to where every thread was turned into a Taylor debate (argument).

03-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see it back up after a decision on Tyrod Taylor is made. It got to where every thread was turned into a Taylor debate (argument).

Tis the season and the number one "bills watch" item since they played EJ one last time.

swiper
03-02-2017, 06:14 PM

So what? The team has sucked for 17 years.

Pennywise
03-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I stopped talking football there for the most part and just talked about the Sabres.

I'll miss some things about that place but not others, like T&C.

Novacane
03-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Someone musta hurt Terry's feelings. He'd shut this board down if he could!

Mace
03-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Never went there. I can only love one board at a time or maintaining my insane post count would drive me to drink.

MattyNH
03-02-2017, 06:52 PM
I guess it would have been a disaster if they gave warning. People would have been Infracting at unprecedented rates. It's probably for the best. Some of the mods did not seem to understand the TOC anyway and content routinely disappeared with no explanation.

Mace
03-02-2017, 06:59 PM
I guess it would have been a disaster if they gave warning. People would have been Infracting at unprecedented rates. It's probably for the best. Some of the mods did not seem to understand the TOC anyway and content routinely disappeared with no explanation.

"Infracting" is a great word, I'm going to work to use that more often. I'm completely serious.

03-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Had my share and really ended up scratching my head when asking why. Extremely autocratic.

MattyNH
03-02-2017, 08:16 PM
"Infracting" is a great word, I'm going to work to use that more often. I'm completely serious.

I hate when people infract the English language.

mileena
03-02-2017, 08:37 PM

Who? Standing Buffalo, MASH, or T&C? How did you contact them??

mileena
03-02-2017, 08:39 PM
I stopped talking football there for the most part and just talked about the Sabres.

T&C was a moderator.

mileena
03-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Welcome to any of their former members that find their way here.

Member since 2006 on the BBMB!

03-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Who? Standing Buffalo, MASH, or T&C? How did you contact them??

I am FB friends with MASH. Was in the middle of a post With Shaw when the lights went out.

PegsforPres

mileena
03-02-2017, 08:52 PM
They are talking about the closing of the BBMB on a Chicago sports forum:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/85792-Buffalo-Bills-Message-Board-Shutdown

mileena
03-02-2017, 08:53 PM
I am FB friends with MASH. Was in the middle of a post With Shaw when the lights went out.

PegsforPres

Ugh, that sucks. MASH did not post that much, but the other mods did.

Mace
03-02-2017, 08:57 PM
In any case, glad to see you all came to spend some time (or more) with us.

Joe Fo Sho
03-02-2017, 09:00 PM
I'm glad the guys from BBMB are able to get here in time to see our fantastic thread about whether or not anyone would take the #12 overall pick in this years draft for Tyrod Taylor. I'm hoping to hear more opinions about the pros and cons of such a deal.

Goobylal
03-02-2017, 09:02 PM
It's not dead.

Mace
03-02-2017, 09:19 PM
It's not dead.

Good to have you with us, Gooby.

TigerJ
03-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Honestly, that's where I've done all my Bills posting the last several years. The reason? There were lot more posters there, so the Bills forum was always busy. Oh well. I'm back and ready to talk Bills. It's an incurable condition.

SpikedLemonade
03-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Honestly, that's where I've done all my Bills posting the last several years. The reason? There were lot more posters there, so the Bills forum was always busy. Oh well. I'm back and ready to talk Bills. It's an incurable condition.

Good to see you here TigerJ.

Cali512
03-03-2017, 12:00 AM
I actually had a few experiences this week with them. For starters, someone posted that Lesean Mccoy rumor, and it was deleted almost immediately. I reposted it and brought up how there was a Kyle Williams retiring rumor with no legit sources. I got flagged for apparently abusing a moderator. I replied that they are on some stupid power trip.

The next day, a post was posted about whether we should franchise Robert Woods. It actually turned into an interesting topic about Woods career and how buffalo has treated him. Yet this post was deleted due to I guess speculation? That site is a disaster. When I was 15, a poster threatened to eat my family, yet when I freaked out on him for it, I got suspended, then banned for making a new account

(they didn't notice that cali512, is 83evans lol)

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2017, 12:04 AM
It's not dead.
My farts smell dead

Cali512
03-03-2017, 12:04 AM

Same same. This site is way more harsh and full of *******s. But at least people here are smart about topics. I have to admit, I get hesitant here because if I make a out of the ball park statement, I'll get bashed, but at least people are knowledgeable and I feel like I am learning from our posters.

Skooby
03-03-2017, 02:12 AM
The Mods there deleted a lot of threads & posters there for no reasons while playing favorites, so they won't be missed. Good riddance. This also isn't Bills related and doesn't really belong here, it's a footnote of a group of losers.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2017, 03:28 AM
My farts smell dead

Then please share ==> http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/234635-Your-Best-Fart-Ever

YardRat
03-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Hey Tiger :wave:

03-03-2017, 06:25 AM
The Mods there deleted a lot of threads & posters there for no reasons while playing favorites, so they won't be missed. Good riddance. This also isn't Bills related and doesn't really belong here, it's a footnote of a group of losers.

Whats not Bills related? they pull the plug on their sanctioned forum and that is not Bills related. What you meant that in your opinion tit is not Bills related right?

03-03-2017, 06:26 AM
It's not dead.

The spirit lives on....but... no longer inf cyberspace.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17098126_10211215621319925_7000221481050319529_o.jpg?oh=87dd9c571e7f39404d769de179aaf3a8&oe=59358855

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Whats not Bills related? they pull the plug on their sanctioned forum and that is not Bills related. What you meant that in your opinion tit is not Bills related right?

Just Mitch the *****TM doing what he does best.

Of course, it is Bills related.

A post about a disappeared forum in the political forum is NOT.

Skooby
03-03-2017, 07:00 AM
So some website going offline is Bills news because it's a Bills website ? Since when ??

- - - Updated - - -

Just Mitch the *****TM doing what he does best.

Of course, it is Bills related.

A post about a disappeared forum in the political forum is NOT.

It's a website that talked about the Bills, it's not about the Buffalo Bills team.

03-03-2017, 07:03 AM
So some website going offline is Bills news because it's a Bills website ? Since when ??

- - - Updated - - -

It's a website that talked about the Bills, it's not about the Buffalo Bills team.

Right.....
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17103603_10208340089329505_2372013256286310875_n.jpg?oh=f2b7f11c9deb7cf6a19042c16ac9241b&oe=596A1D85

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2017, 07:07 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Over Ruled!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0wEV9jySXg&t=4s

Figster
03-03-2017, 12:09 PM
T&C was a moderator.

Anyone know how to contact Shaw from BBMB?

thanks

BLUTO
03-03-2017, 02:47 PM
I agree 100% !

BillsFan4
03-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Hey all. BBMB refugee here. Thanks for letting me crash the party!

feldspar
03-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Crazy that they should shut it down to me.

Sounds like a PR move...sticking their fingers in theirs ears..

Any company wouldn't want their clients to talk about how crappy their product is on their official site. Could be that factors in.

Mace
03-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Crazy that they should shut it down to me.

Sounds like a PR move...sticking their fingers in theirs ears..

Any company wouldn't want their clients to talk about how crappy their product is on their official site. Could be that factors in.

Dunno, seems like they're just thinking message boards are obsolete and thinking themselves trendy by redirecting to facebook, twitter, instagram and snapchat, cutting edge and all, woo.

feldspar
03-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Dunno, seems like they're just thinking message boards are obsolete and thinking themselves trendy by redirecting to facebook, twitter, instagram and snapchat, cutting edge and all, woo.

You really think so?

Don't really know myself.

If that's true, it's a dumb move IMO. Can't see how those platforms would make sense to promote conversations about the team better than a message board...for lots of people

Mace
03-03-2017, 08:00 PM
You really think so?

Don't really know myself.

If that's true, it's a dumb move IMO. Can't see how those platforms would make sense to promote conversations about the team better than a message board...for lots of people

I dunno. I figured that from this :

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/03/02/for-fans-whove-used-the-bills-message-board/

It's probably more easily controlled by the team. The folks who came here could answer better but at least at first glance it sounds like their old boards struggled with admin/moderation policy being an "official" site.

One of the things about a not official board like this one, people can come up with anything they want to within civilized reason, and at worst they'll get heckled, but you can explore whatever far fetched imaginings you can come up with. On a relatively more official site though, you have more layers of concern that you might struggle to maintain.

Or at least that's how I figured it. The people from there have a better perspective.

03-03-2017, 08:07 PM

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/03/02/for-fans-whove-used-the-bills-message-board/

It's probably more easily controlled by the team. The folks who came here could answer better but at least at first glance it sounds like their old boards struggled with admin/moderation policy being an "official" site.

One of the things about a not official board like this one, people can come up with anything they want to within civilized reason, and at worst they'll get heckled, but you can explore whatever far fetched imaginings you can come up with. On a relatively more official site though, you have more layers of concern that you might struggle to maintain.

Or at least that's how I figured it. The people from there have a better perspective.

I was one of those who inquired.

chris66
03-03-2017, 08:35 PM

Moderation was insane. I got permabanned for stating that the fo would be in the same place in 2 years when Ryan was hired.

endzone
03-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Poor Town & Country let his power go to his head! He made that Board become uncomfortable to say the least. As for his alleged trivia knowledge you were many steps ahead of him!

djjimkelly
03-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Someone musta hurt Terry's feelings. He'd shut this board down if he could!

i cant believe there are snowflakes in football talk

mileena
03-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Reddit is hosting a minute of silence for the old BBMB:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/5x0ixx/a_moment_of_silence_for_the_buffalo_bills/

BillsImpossible
03-03-2017, 11:09 PM
And this forum is well on its way to the same demise.

Censorship doesn't sell! It's bad for business, but most people on this MB are communists that hate business, so have at it.

Skooby
03-04-2017, 05:23 AM
They were begging for sideline people to sign up but what they didn't realize is it was all the banned people.

swiper
03-04-2017, 09:29 AM

It is the official Buffalo Bills website forum, you stupid jack@ss.

- - - Updated - - -

And this forum is well on its way to the same demise.

Censorship doesn't sell! It's bad for business, but most people on this MB are communists that hate business, so have at it.

Your parents should have censored you from the get-go. We're all supportive of that.

Mitch (Skooby) and BI (jlb) are two of the trolls that these new folks were hoping to avoid.

Albany,n.y.
03-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Moderation was insane. I got permabanned for stating that the fo would be in the same place in 2 years when Ryan was hired.

Moderation was insane. Any time someone would post something about Malik Hooker his name came out as Malik ****** because hooker was considered a curse word.
One time I mentioned that a team cannot hire a permanent coach during the season because of the Rooney rule. I was given a warning notice because I mentioned something racial. I won my appeal because I was able to find the story about the time the Rams couldn't hire Jim Haslett as the permanent coach due to the Rooney rule that I had referred to in my post.

03-05-2017, 07:37 AM

an example of what folks have been saying This was my post after an watching a weekend of outstanding football during the past playoffs.

Assuming that Whaley watched both match-ups yesterday I would have to think he is fooling himself if he thinks we are close. It made me sad that we are so far removed from the caliber of play exhibited by Green Bay, Dallas, KC and the Steelers. There were light-years of separation in every facet of the game. Gonna be a long couple more years.

You have received an infraction at Buffalobills.com Message Board.

Reason: Call Out Thread/Post
-------
Calling out the GM because of how other teams play? This is a new one on me. I cut you a lot of slack, but not this time.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

And another for using the term tits-up which is a milatary/aviation term for broken.
Original Post:
You have received an infraction at Buffalobills.com Message Board.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Come, can't say that here. You know that.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

---Quote---
---Quote (Originally by Foxx)---
when Brady's done, so are Belichik and the Patriots. they can attend all the OTA's till the cows come home, Belichik will be exposed once the GOAT is done. if that is, Belichik has the balls to continue coaching after Brady retires.
---End Quote---
man, if you leave you place of employ does it go tits up?
---End Quote---
All the best,
Buffalobills.com Message Board
---End Quote---

YardRat
03-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Whaley is going to go tits-up if he can't get the play of this team on par with the Green Bays and KC's of the league.

03-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Whaley is going to go tits-up if he can't get the play of this team on par with the Green Bays and KC's of the league.

I have resigned my self to the fact that the GM pool must be thinner than the QB pool. The only way we get rid of Whaley is if he fires himself. With that ego, could happen.

DesertFox24
03-05-2017, 05:40 PM
14215 that is hysterical you got put in timeout for calling out the gm. I stopped posting regularly there for something along the same lines.

MattyNH
03-05-2017, 05:45 PM
I got a point for saying Kevin Everett was not that good of a football player in a thread talking about the Bills curse and how Everett was headed for greatness before his injury. Also got a point for "calling out" 99% of the board cause I dont think the NFL officials are against the Bills.

Its better that thing got shut down.....

swiper
03-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Sounds terrible.

Goobylal
03-05-2017, 07:06 PM
I have resigned my self to the fact that the GM pool must be thinner than the QB pool. The only way we get rid of Whaley is if he fires himself. With that ego, could happen.

A good QB makes a good GM.

Mace
03-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Some people might be inclined to point out a good GM is the one to get the good QB.

03-06-2017, 03:23 PM
here is a have at it Buffalo Bills Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Its-On-Buffalo-Bills-2017-395308297472749/

Skooby
03-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Good riddance, those mods should burn in hell.

kishoph
03-07-2017, 04:15 AM
I got a point for saying Kevin Everett was not that good of a football player in a thread talking about the Bills curse and how Everett was headed for greatness before his injury. Also got a point for "calling out" 99% of the board cause I dont think the NFL officials are against the Bills.

Its better that thing got shut down.....

I agree. There was a time that I really liked that board because of the amount of activity, but it became thread after thread of nothing but personal attacks against each other. The moderation also became a joke, to where it was no longer about COC's, but if the moderator agreed with you or not.

TacklingDummy
03-07-2017, 04:54 AM
And coach.

swiper
03-07-2017, 05:57 AM
here is a have at it Buffalo Bills Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Its-On-Buffalo-Bills-2017-395308297472749/

LOL. Forget it. I posted something that included saying what a terrible owner Terry Pegula was. You think that got through. No. Only positive stuff, rah-rah stuff, will get through.

Mace
03-07-2017, 05:40 PM
LOL. Forget it. I posted something that included saying what a terrible owner Terry Pegula was. You think that got through. No. Only positive stuff, rah-rah stuff, will get through.

Same thing happened to me when I posted that I knew someone who said Chris Brown was a funny looking kid who dressed oddly.

Or maybe I emailed that to Brown. Hard to say after that much cheap whiskey.

mead107
03-31-2017, 02:40 PM
I know where a lot of them ended up. some all ready banned

Wally The Barber
03-31-2017, 03:30 PM
May I suggest a good day care center....they have toys and everything

Figster
03-31-2017, 03:53 PM
Moderation was insane. Any time someone would post something about Malik Hooker his name came out as Malik ****** because hooker was considered a curse word.
One time I mentioned that a team cannot hire a permanent coach during the season because of the Rooney rule. I was given a warning notice because I mentioned something racial. I won my appeal because I was able to find the story about the time the Rams couldn't hire Jim Haslett as the permanent coach due to the Rooney rule that I had referred to in my post.
I never had much of a problem with mods or admin.

Being the Official site of the Buffalo Bills added scrutiny from above along with a stricter Code of conduct IMO.

YardRat
03-31-2017, 05:14 PM
I know where a lot of them ended up. some all ready banned

Bring 'em over.

Figster
03-31-2017, 05:46 PM
Bring 'em over.

Told a couple people already, and I really think the zone might be a better fit then TBD For some of these guys.

PrimeTime
04-01-2017, 12:26 AM
oh come on... I joined this place last week and that's all I saw in posts is negativity. go to buffalo rumblings If you Don't Like it here..