Trade Tyrod to get Trevor Siemian. Good or bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Trade Tyrod to get Trevor Siemian. Good or bad idea?

Being honest, I wouldn't have a problem with this. I've seen enough of Tyrod ( I know he's a good guy), but at least the organization's going in a different direction and not paying a boatload of money to Tyrod. If Simieon fails, draft a franchise QB with the 10th pick and go with that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-buffalo-bills.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Trade Tyrod to get Trevor Siemian. Good or bad idea?

Cut Taylor, pick up Cutler/Foles/Hoyer as a two-year stop-gap, then draft Mahomes or Kelly in the late rounds to groom with Cardale. Most promising young guy starts in 2019.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

I'd take it.

Siemian would be under contract for 2 years at less than $750k per year. He wouldn't handicap us if he doesn't work out, it's a cheap gamble.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Never heard of him.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Siemien, Cutler, Foles, Hoyer?

The fact that anyone would want any one of those QBs over Tyrod Taylor and what he did after just 30 starts is ridiculous.

Sometimes I think the Bills deserve to lose just based on how fickle the fans are.

Tyrod progressed this season as a passer. Progression being that he did things this year that he did not to last year. He made throws towards the end of the season that he would not see at the beginning of the season.

That is the definition of progression. Add to that his unmatched running ability and his impact on the run game by holding backside defenders honest and you have a top 15 QB in the league.

Rogers, Brady, Ryan, Luck, Rivers, Roethlesberger, R.Wilson, Carr, Manning, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Newton and maybe Bortles are the only guys I would take ahead of Taylor. And some of those QBs were a long time coming to their respective teams. So getting rid of Tyrod in hopes of landing a QB like the list above is silly.

How long did the Raiders, Skins, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons go before they landed their current QB?

Keep Taylor and continue to build and add a young QB in the draft to prepare like Kelly in round 2 or 3.

If we had a good, not great defense last year we would have gone 11-5 minimum.

Comment

• daryls61
            • Jan 2013

I would be on board with this.
            The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I thought we just did the 2 year stop gap/bridge QB ?

Are some married to 7-9 for the next many years ?

Good God..
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                I thought we just did the 2 year stop gap/bridge QB ?

Are some married to 7-9 for the next many years ?

Good God..
                What potential QB would we no longer be able to pursue by having Siemian on our roster?

If the only answer to that is Tyrod Taylor, I'm fine with it.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                  Siemien, Cutler, Foles, Hoyer?

The fact that anyone would want any one of those QBs over Tyrod Taylor and what he did after just 30 starts is ridiculous.

Sometimes I think the Bills deserve to lose just based on how fickle the fans are.

Tyrod progressed this season as a passer. Progression being that he did things this year that he did not to last year. He made throws towards the end of the season that he would not see at the beginning of the season.

That is the definition of progression. Add to that his unmatched running ability and his impact on the run game by holding backside defenders honest and you have a top 15 QB in the league.

Rogers, Brady, Ryan, Luck, Rivers, Roethlesberger, R.Wilson, Carr, Manning, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Newton and maybe Bortles are the only guys I would take ahead of Taylor. And some of those QBs were a long time coming to their respective teams. So getting rid of Tyrod in hopes of landing a QB like the list above is silly.

How long did the Raiders, Skins, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons go before they landed their current QB?

Keep Taylor and continue to build and add a young QB in the draft to prepare like Kelly in round 2 or 3.

If we had a good, not great defense last year we would have gone 11-5 minimum.
                  And if Tyrod played better against Baltimore and did the disappear after his great completion to Robert Woods in the Seattle game we might have had two more wins. The fact is the defense and Tyrod both struggled. I don't want Tyrod because of the length of commitment of the extension. As I don't see Tyro as any better than David Garrard or maybe a better comparison is Jeff Blake since he excels with long passes. Either way it's below average play and doesn't fit a WCO we could be running under Dennison so sign Foles to a two year deal and draft Nathan Peterman in Round 3 is my mock GM attempt to upgrade the QB position.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Who the **** is Siemian.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                      Who the **** is Siemian.
                      He started for the Broncos last season.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                        Oh Christ. It sounded like we were trying to draft him in here. Cutler is the only upgrade to Tyrod IMO.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          Who the **** are the Broncos.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                            Who the **** are the Broncos.
                            Yeah. Tell me that!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

im all for this trade. but i do not spend our first on a qb i do that next year if the experiment fails

Comment

Working...
                              X