PDA

View Full Version : Trade Tyrod to get Trevor Siemian. Good or bad idea?

blackonyx89
03-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Being honest, I wouldn't have a problem with this. I've seen enough of Tyrod ( I know he's a good guy), but at least the organization's going in a different direction and not paying a boatload of money to Tyrod. If Simieon fails, draft a franchise QB with the 10th pick and go with that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695933-trevor-siemian-reportedly-a-trade-target-for-buffalo-bills.

Thurmal
03-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Cut Taylor, pick up Cutler/Foles/Hoyer as a two-year stop-gap, then draft Mahomes or Kelly in the late rounds to groom with Cardale. Most promising young guy starts in 2019.

Joe Fo Sho
03-03-2017, 11:02 AM
I'd take it.

Siemian would be under contract for 2 years at less than $750k per year. He wouldn't handicap us if he doesn't work out, it's a cheap gamble.

TacklingDummy
03-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Never heard of him.

Mahdi
03-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Siemien, Cutler, Foles, Hoyer?

The fact that anyone would want any one of those QBs over Tyrod Taylor and what he did after just 30 starts is ridiculous.

Sometimes I think the Bills deserve to lose just based on how fickle the fans are.

Tyrod progressed this season as a passer. Progression being that he did things this year that he did not to last year. He made throws towards the end of the season that he would not see at the beginning of the season.

That is the definition of progression. Add to that his unmatched running ability and his impact on the run game by holding backside defenders honest and you have a top 15 QB in the league.

Rogers, Brady, Ryan, Luck, Rivers, Roethlesberger, R.Wilson, Carr, Manning, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Newton and maybe Bortles are the only guys I would take ahead of Taylor. And some of those QBs were a long time coming to their respective teams. So getting rid of Tyrod in hopes of landing a QB like the list above is silly.

How long did the Raiders, Skins, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons go before they landed their current QB?

Keep Taylor and continue to build and add a young QB in the draft to prepare like Kelly in round 2 or 3.

If we had a good, not great defense last year we would have gone 11-5 minimum.

daryls61
03-03-2017, 11:54 AM
I would be on board with this.

Night Train
03-03-2017, 12:44 PM
I thought we just did the 2 year stop gap/bridge QB ?

Are some married to 7-9 for the next many years ?

Good God..

Joe Fo Sho
03-03-2017, 12:58 PM
I thought we just did the 2 year stop gap/bridge QB ?

Are some married to 7-9 for the next many years ?

Good God..

What potential QB would we no longer be able to pursue by having Siemian on our roster?

If the only answer to that is Tyrod Taylor, I'm fine with it.

The Jokeman
03-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Siemien, Cutler, Foles, Hoyer?

The fact that anyone would want any one of those QBs over Tyrod Taylor and what he did after just 30 starts is ridiculous.

Sometimes I think the Bills deserve to lose just based on how fickle the fans are.

Tyrod progressed this season as a passer. Progression being that he did things this year that he did not to last year. He made throws towards the end of the season that he would not see at the beginning of the season.

That is the definition of progression. Add to that his unmatched running ability and his impact on the run game by holding backside defenders honest and you have a top 15 QB in the league.

Rogers, Brady, Ryan, Luck, Rivers, Roethlesberger, R.Wilson, Carr, Manning, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Newton and maybe Bortles are the only guys I would take ahead of Taylor. And some of those QBs were a long time coming to their respective teams. So getting rid of Tyrod in hopes of landing a QB like the list above is silly.

How long did the Raiders, Skins, Saints, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons go before they landed their current QB?

Keep Taylor and continue to build and add a young QB in the draft to prepare like Kelly in round 2 or 3.

If we had a good, not great defense last year we would have gone 11-5 minimum.

And if Tyrod played better against Baltimore and did the disappear after his great completion to Robert Woods in the Seattle game we might have had two more wins. The fact is the defense and Tyrod both struggled. I don't want Tyrod because of the length of commitment of the extension. As I don't see Tyro as any better than David Garrard or maybe a better comparison is Jeff Blake since he excels with long passes. Either way it's below average play and doesn't fit a WCO we could be running under Dennison so sign Foles to a two year deal and draft Nathan Peterman in Round 3 is my mock GM attempt to upgrade the QB position.

Turf
03-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Who the **** is Siemian.

EDS
03-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Who the **** is Siemian.

He started for the Broncos last season.

Turf
03-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Oh Christ. It sounded like we were trying to draft him in here. Cutler is the only upgrade to Tyrod IMO.

Joe Fo Sho
03-03-2017, 09:18 PM

Who the **** are the Broncos.

Turf
03-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Who the **** are the Broncos.

Yeah. Tell me that!

djjimkelly
03-03-2017, 09:52 PM
im all for this trade. but i do not spend our first on a qb i do that next year if the experiment fails

YardRat
03-04-2017, 06:24 AM
I am so all over the place on Taylor/Bill's QB situation to the point where I really don't care much anymore. Whatever, happens, I'll roll with and ***** or lend praise when the time comes. The only thing I know for certain is the team needs to keep drafting one every year, and bringing in FA's every year, until they eventually hit on one.

sdbillsfan2
03-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I've been watching all the so called "experts" critique qbs for the draft.
It seems the things they all look for are:
Anticipation
Accuracy
Pocket awareness
Ability to read defenses

Can't argue with any of that. But it makes me wonder what the hell the debate is about when it comes to TT.
He falls short in all those categories IMHO.
Hell...we won with Kyle Orten and a less talented team .

feldspar
03-04-2017, 01:19 PM
All Siemian did was lead a Super Bowl winning team with a done Peyton Manning to not even making the playoffs the next year.

I'll pass.

Mr. Pink
03-05-2017, 12:47 PM
At worst, Siemian will keep the 8-8 wheels of mediocrity in full swing...however, I don't think we've seen the ceiling of Siemian yet so he may be able to go above that.

He's a better passer than Tyrod, not a better runner obviously.

I don't see the Broncos making this trade though as it makes absolutely zero sense from their end.

Bill Cody
03-06-2017, 09:28 AM
I'd be ok with Taylor for a 1 year 10m deal. The deal we gave him is nuts and if we don't cut him/renegotiate it will require a huge cap hit to get out of, that's dumb. I'm in favor of Siemian or whatever random stop gap bum we want to bring in instead of that.

swiper
03-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Oh you can rest assured that OBD will come up with some random stop-gap bum. We just don't know which one yet.

Craig Nall, whatcha' up too?