PDA

View Full Version : Would you give up our fourth round pick

DesertFox24
03-03-2017, 01:09 PM
We could sign Ross Cockrell and give up our fourth round pick for him. He is a good player at a position of need and would not cost anywhere near Gilmore money, oh and he is only 25.

I say this because he is probably better than any fourth round corner we could get and this scheme would be a good fit for him.

Now saying that it will not happen they drafted Seymore to prepare for this and I actually like Seymore and Darby and Roby for this defense but I did want to ask the question.

Teams hoard draft picks like they are gold but signing a young proven 25 year old and losing a 4th is almost a no brainer if you ask me, granted we have no idea what he wants.

Joe Fo Sho
03-03-2017, 01:26 PM
We already gave up a 4th rounder for him...in 2014 when we drafted him.

Cali512
03-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Nooooo. We drafted him and he never played

Lankster deserves another chance though

feldspar
03-03-2017, 01:36 PM
My answer is yes...yes, emphatically.

The reason being is because the Bills do not have a 4th round pick at all this year.

There is none...but I would have no problem trying to trick the Steelers somehow. Hell, any other team too, for that matter. Maybe we can trade that non-existent 4th-round pick several times...

Sorry, Desertfox. I'm sarcastic by nature.

But there is no 4th round pick. I think we used it to trade up for Ragland last year? Something like that...

The King
03-03-2017, 01:40 PM
It's an interesting thought. He was much better than I thought for the Steelers. I don't think he has any business as a top 2 corner, but he's excellent depth.

The Jokeman
03-03-2017, 03:41 PM
We could sign Ross Cockrell and give up our fourth round pick for him. He is a good player at a position of need and would not cost anywhere near Gilmore money, oh and he is only 25.

I say this because he is probably better than any fourth round corner we could get and this scheme would be a good fit for him.

Now saying that it will not happen they drafted Seymore to prepare for this and I actually like Seymore and Darby and Roby for this defense but I did want to ask the question.

Teams hoard draft picks like they are gold but signing a young proven 25 year old and losing a 4th is almost a no brainer if you ask me, granted we have no idea what he wants.

We don't own a 4th rounder in the 2027 draft so not sure we can sign him to an offer sheet.

sudzy
03-03-2017, 04:02 PM
We don't own a 4th rounder in the 2027 draft so not sure we can sign him to an offer sheet.

Way to think ahead.

YardRat
03-03-2017, 04:56 PM

OK, if we gave up fourth rounders for the next 10 seasons to Cleveland to move up and get Watkins, I'm going to have to change my mind about that deal.

cookie G
03-03-2017, 05:31 PM
OK, if we gave up fourth rounders for the next 10 seasons to Cleveland to move up and get Watkins, I'm going to have to change my mind about that deal.

But..we could trade Shady for a few 4th rounders, like we did with Marshawn, and get a few of them back.

THEN....Ross Cockrell would be back in our grasp.

The Jokeman
03-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Damn posting from my cell phone and fat thumbs.

DesertFox24
03-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Than you pointing out we do not have a fourth. My overall point is teams refuse to sign these guys because of draft pick loss. I understand the economic value in terms of cheaper contract but if you have a need and the cap space why not take the proven player over an unknown late round guy