X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daryls61
    • Jan 2013

Report: Split forming within Bills over future of Tyrod Taylor

The **** show at One Bills Drive will never end....

The Buffalo Bills are trying to put on a united front.Coach Sean McDermott insists he and General Manager Doug Whaley are on the same page, particularly when it comes to how the team is working through the process of deciding quarterback Tyrod Taylor's future.
    A report Friday, however, suggested all may not be kumbaya within the franchise. According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, a "chasm" remains between the front office and new coaching staff when it comes to picking up Taylor's contract option.
    According to La Canfora, Whaley, team president Russ Brandon and senior vice president of football administration Jim Overdorf decided at the end of the 2016 season to move on from Taylor, who was benched for the Week 17 season finale after Rex Ryan was fired.

McDermott and his staff, however, "are not convinced they will find an upgrade," according to La Canfora, and thus may be inclined to keep the quarterback.
    For what it's worth, McDermott, Whaley, Overdorf and team owner Terry Pegula dined together at an area steakhouse Thursday night.
    The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.
  • OLDSRIP
    • Dec 2008

Re: Report: Split forming within Bills over future of Tyrod Taylor

What did they have for dinner?

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

It never ends with this team. First off, why are Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf, guys who ARE NOT talent evaluators, involved at all? Secondly, when they were hiring a coach, how was it not a prerequisite that he and the GM would be on the same wavelength regarding Taylor? Thirdly, I'm not a huge Whaley fan, but why does our GM -- who should be the boss on these matters -- seemingly have no power or responsibility at all?

This kind of crap is the manual, step-by-step, of how to build a losing franchise. Pegula needs to clean house, hire ONE GM, then let him do everything.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I watched 4-5 full games when Tyrod was in college. He is not a safe thrower. This was something that our coaching staff created with Tyrod. He threw down the middle and into coverage. It's a huge reason why he was a 55% cpt QB in college. I give him the benefit of the doubt in Rexs scheme. Rex preached that he wanted a ground and pound, low turnover offense. I consider this the number one reason why tyrod was the way he was.

I've said it before and ill say it again. The Seattle game, SF game, and Miami game are the best representations of how he can be. All these games you would see him take the ball, scan the field, and go through multiple reads. I feel like the snap one read and run philosophy was more Rex than Tyrod.
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Jun 2016

Originally posted by daryls61 View Post
          The **** show at One Bills Drive will never end....

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/03/re...-tyrod-taylor/
          Well that's Whaley for you 3 for 3 on butting heads with coach's. He needs to go.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OLDSRIP View Post
              What did they have for dinner?
              Ummmm....steak? Just a wild guess.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

This is how the conversation should go, it's not that difficult.

McDermott--"We think we need to keep Tyrod".
                Whaley--"OK, if we keep him, we need to do A and B, and will only be able to fill out the roster with C's and D's. The other option is we let him go, and then we can do E, F, G, H and I."
                McDermott--either "Let's keep him and do ABC & D" or "OK, we might be better off doing EFGH & I".
                Whaley--regardless of the answer, "OK, we'll get it done".
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I never get steak at a steakhouse, I refuse to be subject to such overt manipulation.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

This is how the conversation should go, it's not that difficult.

McDermott--"We think we need to keep Tyrod".
                    Whaley--"OK, if we keep him, we need to do A and B, and will only be able to fill out the roster with C's and D's. The other option is we let him go, and then we can do E, F, G, H and I."
                    McDermott--either "Let's keep him and do ABC & D" or "OK, we might be better off doing EFGH & I".
                    Whaley--regardless of the answer, "OK, we'll get it done".
                    I despise Whaley just for these reasons. Instead of confusing the issue with all those meaningless letters, he should have tangible plans instead of them. Look, he even pulled McDermott into the confusion of EFGH & I, when McDermott started off by simply saying we need to keep Tyrod.

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

All you can eat ribs and fried shrimp at the Ponderosa.

Russ had a coupon I bet.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        I despise Whaley just for these reasons. Instead of confusing the issue with all those meaningless letters, he should have tangible plans instead of them. Look, he even pulled McDermott into the confusion of EFGH & I, when McDermott started off by simply saying we need to keep Tyrod.
                        He has to use letters because he's really bad at math, as evidenced by our cap situation.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Both sides are right. They won't find a better option but it's still time to move on from TT.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

I despise Whaley and think he's a ****ing imbecile. But anyone could have thought this scenario up and I don't give it any credence, it's just bull****. If we have leaks this bad, we have a worse problem than Whaley.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

I want to know if any food was thrown across the table.

Comment

Working...
                              X