PDA

View Full Version : Report: Split forming within Bills over future of Tyrod Taylor

daryls61
03-03-2017, 01:49 PM
The **** show at One Bills Drive will never end....

The Buffalo Bills are trying to put on a united front.Coach Sean McDermott insists he and General Manager Doug Whaley are on the same page, particularly when it comes to how the team is working through the process of deciding quarterback Tyrod Taylor's future.
A report Friday, however, suggested all may not be kumbaya within the franchise. According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, a "chasm" remains between the front office and new coaching staff (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-coaches-execs-remain-split-on-picking-up-tyrod-taylors-30m-option/) when it comes to picking up Taylor's contract option.
According to La Canfora, Whaley, team president Russ Brandon and senior vice president of football administration Jim Overdorf decided at the end of the 2016 season to move on from Taylor, who was benched for the Week 17 season finale after Rex Ryan was fired.

McDermott and his staff, however, "are not convinced they will find an upgrade," according to La Canfora, and thus may be inclined to keep the quarterback.
For what it's worth, McDermott, Whaley, Overdorf and team owner Terry Pegula dined together at an area steakhouse Thursday night.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/03/report-split-forming-within-bills-future-tyrod-taylor/

OLDSRIP
03-03-2017, 02:10 PM
What did they have for dinner?

Thurmal
03-03-2017, 02:10 PM
It never ends with this team. First off, why are Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf, guys who ARE NOT talent evaluators, involved at all? Secondly, when they were hiring a coach, how was it not a prerequisite that he and the GM would be on the same wavelength regarding Taylor? Thirdly, I'm not a huge Whaley fan, but why does our GM -- who should be the boss on these matters -- seemingly have no power or responsibility at all?

This kind of crap is the manual, step-by-step, of how to build a losing franchise. Pegula needs to clean house, hire ONE GM, then let him do everything.

Cali512
03-03-2017, 02:11 PM
I watched 4-5 full games when Tyrod was in college. He is not a safe thrower. This was something that our coaching staff created with Tyrod. He threw down the middle and into coverage. It's a huge reason why he was a 55% cpt QB in college. I give him the benefit of the doubt in Rexs scheme. Rex preached that he wanted a ground and pound, low turnover offense. I consider this the number one reason why tyrod was the way he was.

I've said it before and ill say it again. The Seattle game, SF game, and Miami game are the best representations of how he can be. All these games you would see him take the ball, scan the field, and go through multiple reads. I feel like the snap one read and run philosophy was more Rex than Tyrod.

03-03-2017, 02:30 PM
The **** show at One Bills Drive will never end....

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/03/report-split-forming-within-bills-future-tyrod-taylor/

Well that's Whaley for you 3 for 3 on butting heads with coach's. He needs to go.

jimmifli
03-03-2017, 03:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dtE2uT3.gif

YardRat
03-03-2017, 04:22 PM
What did they have for dinner?

Ummmm....steak? Just a wild guess.

YardRat
03-03-2017, 04:27 PM
This is how the conversation should go, it's not that difficult.

McDermott--"We think we need to keep Tyrod".
Whaley--"OK, if we keep him, we need to do A and B, and will only be able to fill out the roster with C's and D's. The other option is we let him go, and then we can do E, F, G, H and I."
McDermott--either "Let's keep him and do ABC & D" or "OK, we might be better off doing EFGH & I".
Whaley--regardless of the answer, "OK, we'll get it done".

Mace
03-03-2017, 04:58 PM

I never get steak at a steakhouse, I refuse to be subject to such overt manipulation.

Mace
03-03-2017, 05:24 PM
This is how the conversation should go, it's not that difficult.

McDermott--"We think we need to keep Tyrod".
Whaley--"OK, if we keep him, we need to do A and B, and will only be able to fill out the roster with C's and D's. The other option is we let him go, and then we can do E, F, G, H and I."
McDermott--either "Let's keep him and do ABC & D" or "OK, we might be better off doing EFGH & I".
Whaley--regardless of the answer, "OK, we'll get it done".

I despise Whaley just for these reasons. Instead of confusing the issue with all those meaningless letters, he should have tangible plans instead of them. Look, he even pulled McDermott into the confusion of EFGH & I, when McDermott started off by simply saying we need to keep Tyrod.

cookie G
03-03-2017, 05:27 PM

All you can eat ribs and fried shrimp at the Ponderosa.

Russ had a coupon I bet.

YardRat
03-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I despise Whaley just for these reasons. Instead of confusing the issue with all those meaningless letters, he should have tangible plans instead of them. Look, he even pulled McDermott into the confusion of EFGH & I, when McDermott started off by simply saying we need to keep Tyrod.

He has to use letters because he's really bad at math, as evidenced by our cap situation.

Novacane
03-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Both sides are right. They won't find a better option but it's still time to move on from TT.

Turf
03-03-2017, 08:34 PM
I despise Whaley and think he's a ****ing imbecile. But anyone could have thought this scenario up and I don't give it any credence, it's just bull****. If we have leaks this bad, we have a worse problem than Whaley.

Albany,n.y.
03-04-2017, 12:44 AM
I want to know if any food was thrown across the table.

swiper
03-04-2017, 03:58 AM
Well that's Whaley for you 3 for 3 on butting heads with coach's. He needs to go.

I totally agree that he needs to go. But in his defense, this smacks of Brandon. And listening to Brandon is what makes Terry Pegula such a lousy owner.

X-Era
03-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Keep Tyrod, draft Mike Williams and Chris Godwin.

streetkings01
03-04-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't think these so called insiders know what's going on with the Bills and Tyrod Taylor. These stories seem to be all over the place.

mdcas22
03-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Bills reportedly leaning toward cutting Tyrod TaylorPosted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2017, 10:42 AM EST
https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/484051984-e1488555750587.jpg?w=211
Getty ImagesLike the Jimmy Garoppolo (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9360/jimmy-garoppolo) trade market, reports are all over the place regarding the Bills’ plans for quarterback Tyrod Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6509/tyrod-taylor). Most recently, Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News said that the sense emerging at the Scouting Combine is that the Bills will move on (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/take-2-bills-leaning-toward-moving-on-from-taylor/418904493).
That may be a final decision, or it may be the next step in getting there. Ultimately, the decision should be made not by the Bills but by Taylor, if the Bills would be interested in keeping him at a reduced rate.
Here’s how it should happen (regardless of whether it will). The Bills should make their best offer to Taylor on a revised deal that pays less than $27.5 million fully guaranteed in 2017 with another $3 million of his 2018 salary fully guaranteed. Then, Taylor’s agent should gauge the market by finding out what other teams would pay Taylor if he’s available.
Would it be tampering for teams to respond? Yes. Does Taylor need to know what’s behind Door No. 2 before he rejects Buffalo’s Door No. 1 offer? Absolutely.
Although Taylor reportedly won’t accept a pay cut, if the Bills will offer him as much or more than anyone else to remain the starter, he should at least consider it. Ultimately, the Bills may be willing to pay Taylor far more than anyone else would.
There’s a chance that Buffalo could enter the bidding after the cord is cut and Taylor becomes a free agent. It seems to make more sense for everyone to work these details out in advance — especially with all teams and agents currently in Indianapolis for the annual effort to work out contracts and other contingencies regarding player acquisitions.
Share this:

Pennywise
03-04-2017, 04:07 PM
It looks like the leak is at it again......

Night Train
03-04-2017, 04:37 PM
It looks like the leak is at it again......

http://www.jenniferlhotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/tumblr_lise2ai9Ee1qci8hu.jpg

Luisito23
03-04-2017, 06:16 PM
:moon:

Night Train
03-05-2017, 05:58 AM
I don't think these so called insiders know what's going on with the Bills and Tyrod Taylor. These stories seem to be all over the place.

Agreed. Created noise for job security. McDermott has the place on lock down, from what I'm hearing. Agent talk at best.

What new HC would be on board with losing his starter without a clear backup already showing ? He just got the job. So a solid plan must be made if they decide to pass on the TT option.

Acquire a Vet like Trevor Siemian from Denver (his old OC is now here) while drafting another. Then you have those 2 to go to camp with C.Jones. Probably makes the most sense right now.

Bills need a passing game. Being in the bottom 2-3 in that category confirms that. Your WR's and TE's need to see far more opportunities. We KNOW we have a good running game. Balance.

coastal
03-05-2017, 06:21 AM
So the coaching staff wants the best chance they can have at winning and mgmt wants to tank... glad we haven't seen that before.

Mouldsie
03-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Who hired who? WTF is going on at OBD? Why is Russ ever even speaking to Whaley or McDermott? Why is Overdorf employed?

DesertFox24
03-05-2017, 05:44 PM
No leak this is Jason laconfora. The guy is terrible and just makes up stuff. Any article with his name do not read or click.

johndhall1
03-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Once again laconfora prooves he is clueless