PDA

View Full Version : 4 Players You Like At #10

Night Train
03-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Something to talk about. Hell, our thoughts are 10 times more valid than these national media folks and their bad mock drafts. We actually follow the team and know the needs. May differ a bit but that's only natural.

FA may solve some needs but it looks rather average after the big names are overpaid in the first 72 hours. Can't see us being part of that.

I just don't see any QB worth #10. OT is a thought but the top ones don't look that appealing and it's RT we need, not LT.

I would think McDermott being our HC would mean the odds are Defense. We need an OLB and Safety bad. Yet we need another WR but I always believe that can wait, unless someone special is sitting there.

So with that thinking, here is my 4 for #10. I could care less about rankings or value. I care about getting a talented day 1 starter. In no set order..

1. Zach Cunningham - OLB - Vanderbilt - 6-3 234 - 1st team All-American with big play ability.

2. Hassan Reddick - OLB - Temple - 6-1 237 - Senior Bowl and Combine opened the eyes of all that missed his great game film. Legit.

3. Mike Williams - WR - Clemson - 6-4 218 - I'd normally wait on a WR but this guy is freakish. Looks like a can't miss star.

4. Jabrill Peppers - S - Michigan - 5-11 213 - Safety is his calling. Hits like a Mack truck. Big play guy. Returns punts and kicks. Could get some O snaps. With Gil Byrd back here coaching, he'll be breaking on the ball quickly and making plays. Like Williams, a rare athlete you cannot ignore. Insane upside.

Your turn.

YardRat
03-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Again, in no order...

WR Mike Williams---I'd rather go big or defense, but depending on who is there and who is gone, why not.
SS Jamal Adams---S is a glaring need and Adams is going to be a good one.
OT Ryan Ramczyk---I'm always OK with oline early, especially OT.
DT Jonathon Allen---I doubt if he'll be there, but if rankings don't matter if he drops you just can't pass.

LBer may be a need, but I hope Ragland comes back and isn't out of place, we re-sign one of our own (Zach?), and either Cunningham or Reddick drop to us in the second.

Mace
03-05-2017, 08:36 PM
No order :

SS Jamal Adams if he's there, I doubt it though.
CB Teez Tabor, instant upgrade.
SS Jabrill Peppers, he seems to be killing it at the combine. Convincing performance though I've waffled on him at 10.
CB Marshon Lattimore, instant upgrade.

Cookie will despise me for all defensive secondary choices. But I think this is the year to do it.

mdcas22
03-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Corey Davis

Derick Barnett

Carl Lawson

Johnathan Allen in no special order think Allen will be the pick the other 3 will be gone by 10.

stuckincincy
03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
In the realm of the possible...

WR Mike Williams, Clemson -BUF's receiver corps has 5 FA's and the in-and-out Watkins.

OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin - pedigree

OLB Takkarest McKinley, UCLA - swim moves.

S Jabril Peppers, Michigan - the next Polamalu

RB Dalvin Cook, FSU - McCoy's injuries, cost...and BUF's long fascination for dumping effective RB's for the newest flavor. :kid:

kingJofNYC
03-06-2017, 01:30 AM
Solomon Thomas - He can wreck games with his pass rush ability, and is an elite run defender. Believe he hasnt peaked in the pass rush Dept, he's going to get better in that area, but can come in and anchor against the run.

Hooker - Absolutely the best range at S, but he's a liability in the tackle game, he's going to whiff often if he doesn't improve in that Dept.

Adams - range might not be as good as Hooker but he can bang in the run game and cover well enough, does a good job covering slot threats vertical. Might be a bit smallsih, about 5'11, but he plays big and fast.

Lattimore - We lose Gilmore and don't have much depth. They're going to have to take a corner early.

Honorable mentions to Williams and Davis. Good chance theyre both there, but I'd rather stock up on D, than WR Because of our QB. Would like Foster as well, but who knows what went on this weekend.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2017, 04:53 AM
In order:

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Ryan Ramczyk
Jamal Adams

DraftBoy
03-06-2017, 06:03 AM
WR Mike Williams - Clemson
S Malik Hooker - Ohio State
S Jamal Adams - LSU
RB Leonard Fournette - LSU

kingJofNYC
03-06-2017, 10:32 AM
If there's one player I don't want to see drafted within our division, unless he's on our team, it's McCaffrey. I don't want him anywhere near the Pats, that guy is ****ing trouble. His ability to pass catch is best in class, he'd be a nightmare to defend.

The Jokeman
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM
S Jamal Adams LSU: Can play either SS or FS which makes him more valuable than others.
S Malik Hooker OSU: Great FS prospect that could help replace Aaron Williams long term.
WR Mike Williams Clemson: Size WR that this team has wanted for ages.
Trade down to mid late teens - mid twenties and an extra 3rd rounder to take best available CB.

X-Era
03-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Mike Williams
Jabrill Peppers
Malik Hooker
Corey Davis

EDS
03-06-2017, 01:18 PM
My overwhelming preference would be to trade down. Failing that, I would look at Marshon Lattimore, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker (though I hate the idea of taking a safety this high).

ticatfan
03-06-2017, 01:35 PM
I have feeling Watson is going to be good, so I take it the bills will pass on him.

Kenny
03-06-2017, 03:21 PM
I have a feeling Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker will both be gone at #10, so my picks would be:

1. CB Marshon Lattimore (need to replace Gilmour)
2. CB Teez Tabor
3. CB Marlon Humphrey
4. LB Reuben Foster

Mike Williams would be a good pick, but it seems like a wasted pick. TT wont utilize him. And any other QB we bring it would be a downgrade, and wouldnt utilize the WRs either.Though if we cut TT, then Watson and Mahomes need to be considered at the 10 spot (preferably trading down)

cookie G
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Corey Davis
Mike Williams
OJ Howard
Solomon Thomas

cookie G
03-06-2017, 05:23 PM
No order :

SS Jamal Adams if he's there, I doubt it though.
CB Teez Tabor, instant upgrade.
SS Jabrill Peppers, he seems to be killing it at the combine. Convincing performance though I've waffled on him at 10.
CB Marshon Lattimore, instant upgrade.

Cookie will despise me for all defensive secondary choices.

You care so little about my blood pressure.

But I think this is the year to do it.

So were the other half dozen times it was done during this playoff drought.

Ain't no way to build a team.

YardRat
03-06-2017, 05:56 PM
I really like OJ Howard, but hate the thought of taking a TE so early.

Mace
03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm not going to argue because I care about Cookie's blood pressure.

The Jokeman
03-06-2017, 07:18 PM

Yeah Howard feels like a reach at 10 but think he could be a great one.

Kenny
03-06-2017, 07:43 PM
dream scenario would be to grab Lattimore @ 10 and hope JuJu Smith drops to us in the second.

cookie G
03-06-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm not going to argue because I care about Cookie's blood pressure.

I'm Touched!!!

cookie G
03-06-2017, 09:21 PM

I'm not, if the guy can be a good receiving weapon. I mean, there's no way I'd take a blocking TE at 10..but the talented, pass catching TE becomes a match up problem for a defense.

And his skill set is definitely unique

Mouldsie
03-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Realistically:

DE Solomon Thomas
TE OJ Howard
CB Sidney Lewis
CB Jourdan Lewis (I'm higher on him than others)

Bonus:
S Malik Hooker (but he's rising so fast to be unrealistic now)

Might have to swallow my pride and list a WR instead of JL and hope he falls to R2...

Ed
03-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Ideally I would like to see the Bills move back and get some additional picks, but if we stay at 10 a few guys that I would be excited about are:

S Malik Hooker
LB Reuben Foster
WR Corey Davis
WR Mike Williams
S Jamal Adams

stuckincincy
03-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I have feeling Watson is going to be good, so I take it the bills will pass on him.

But we can't discount the Bills' love for all things Clemson...

psubills62
03-08-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't mind the idea of Jabrill Peppers, but the execution is lacking.

Haven't followed draft coverage, but 10 seems high for Reddick. Though he was very good against Penn State. Actually played DE for most of the game and was really disruptive.

Again, have not followed individuals, but would like to go defense, preferably front 7.

Night Train
04-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Just wondering if things have changed since I started this 6 weeks back.

I don't know if I can even narrow it to 4 anymore. I like about 10-12 guys and the trade down is obviously the hope.

JoeMama
04-18-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm Touched!!!

So you're a female Fox News correspondent?

Say it ain't so, Cookie!

Mouldsie
04-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Just wondering if things have changed since I started this 6 weeks back.

I don't know if I can even narrow it to 4 anymore. I like about 10-12 guys and the trade down is obviously the hope.

My list has changed.
Sidney Lewis tore his achilles and has a long road to recovery. I also am not sure I should have been as high on him anyway the more I look at it.
Solomon Thomas started getting the respect he deserves and is no longer realistic.

I agree with you. I am begging for a trade down right now as I don't like the way the picks are falling for where we will be picking.

Mouldsie
04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Every year I seem to get a man-crush on someone.... then as the draft approaches the rest of the world catches up to me and my player propels up the chart in the media's eyes.

This year it was Solomon Thomas.

Previously Phillip Rivers & Matt Ryan were examples. One time Rodgers was the opposite effect.... we didn't have a pick that year for some reason...

YardRat
04-20-2017, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I've kind of settled in to a '**** it, there's about 20 guys with impact talent and we're going to get one'. I haven't fallen in love with anybody enough to narrow the focus. I usually get a pretty good feel for Day 3 guys and zero in on a few nice targets, but I haven't been able to get too confident about anybody there either.

DraftBoy
04-20-2017, 07:39 AM
S Jamal Adams - LSU

Revisiting this list, I'd make the order of preference be:
S Jamal Adams - LSU

Canadian'eh!
04-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Just wanted to chime in.

I like
CB Marshon Lattimore

That's said I think S Adams and Hooker will both be long gone, along with DL Allen and both top 2 DEs.

I believe WR Davis is the top WR in the class. But not great value at 10. Trading down No lower than say 15 range might be smart and grab him. I don't trust Wrs named Mile Williams. Lol.

Of the QBs I obviously don't like much. I do think Trubisky is the best shot at a quality QB. But I'd rather take Kelly in 5-6.

YardRat
04-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Hey, 'eh...welcome back, don't be a stranger :beers:

TigerJ
04-20-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm going to limit my choices to those I think have a better than 50/50 chance of being available.

Mike Williams
Hassan Reddick
Marlon Humphrey
Mitchell Trubisky

I hesitated on Trubisky because I think I'd rather Buffalo wait until round 2 or 3 to pull the trigger on a QB, but what the heck. I did it.

cookie G
04-20-2017, 10:41 AM
So you're a female Fox News correspondent?

Say it ain't so, Cookie!

Nah, if I was, Bill would have been on disability long ago.

Canadian'eh!
04-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah. I creep once in awhile. Just to see what the talk is. I'm so frustrated with the team though, i try to not say much, so I don't sound like a whiner.

That said, I had no issue with hiring McDermott. Think he deserves a fair chance. But Brandon and Whaley are still here sadly.

cookie G
04-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Corey Davis
Mike Williams
OJ Howard
Solomon Thomas

I'll take Thomas off, because there's no way he's there at 10.

Screw it..I'm adding Mahomes.

phil3782
04-20-2017, 11:59 AM
1. M. Trubisky
2. P. Mahomes
3. OJ Howard
4. R. Foster

I feel that we will never be a playoff team until we draft a QB and develop them properly. Sitting behind Taylor (Yates) for a year will give them a chance to develop without the pressure of starting instantly. I don't care what the experts say that you need to play you 1st rounder right away. These two need to be polished prior to playing.

I chose the next two because they are instant upgrades to the roster. I left of WR and CB because I feel they can get these in rd. 2 & 3.

Night Train
04-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Foster is so talented but seems like a mess right now with his Combine exit and now reported failed drug test ( or 2 ). Has he taken too many shots to the head ? Bizarre behavior.

kgun12
04-20-2017, 10:10 PM
S Jamal Adams
OT Ryan Ramczyk
LB Hassan Reddick

I had Reuben Foster in the top 4 but after today too many off the field problems.

stuckincincy
04-20-2017, 10:30 PM
S Jamal Adams
OT Ryan Ramczyk
LB Hassan Reddick

I had Reuben Foster in the top 4 but after today too many off the field problems.

It would be nice if Adams dropped to #10:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/alabamas-reuben-foster-had-a-diluted-sample-drug-test-at-the-nfl-combine/

Foster seems bent on costing himself potential millions. Whatever adults there are in his life, they haven't bothered to teach him about deportment.

Certainly not Nick Saban. IMO, he's a narcissistic, self-centered POS. :2cents:

Jry44
04-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Jamal Adams
Marcus Lattimore
Reuben Foster
Oj Howard

Jry44
04-21-2017, 02:20 PM
It would be nice if Adams dropped to #10:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/alabamas-reuben-foster-had-a-diluted-sample-drug-test-at-the-nfl-combine/

Foster seems bent on costing himself potential millions. Whatever adults there are in his life, they haven't bothered to teach him about deportment.

Certainly not Nick Saban. IMO, he's a narcissistic, self-centered POS. :2cents:

Some one set him up at the combine, according to reports, with the nurse incident, and he smoked a little weed. Sure, he has to be smarter when he knows there's a drug test coming up. But if that's all it was I don't think it's a big deal. The guy is clean outside of those incidents. Makes you wonder if someone is trying to push him down to them.

McDermott loves hs corners and linebackers. You have to think if Reuben Foster is sitting there at 10 with Lattimore and Adams already off the board that he will seriously consider taking him.
Dudes a top 3 to 4 overall talent in this draft and fills a position of need. Considering we brought in no other linebackers in the off season, I would not be at all surprised if he's the pick.

stuckincincy
04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Some one set him up at the combine, according to reports, with the nurse incident, and he smoked a little weed. Sure, he has to be smarter when he knows there's a drug test coming up. But if that's all it was I don't think it's a big deal. The guy is clean outside of those incidents. Makes you wonder if someone is trying to push him down to them.

McDermott loves hs corners and linebackers. You have to think if Reuben Foster is sitting there at 10 with Lattimore and Adams already off the board that he will seriously consider taking him.
Dudes a top 3 to 4 overall talent in this draft and fills a position of need. Considering we brought in no other linebackers in the off season, I would not be at all surprised if he's the pick.

Oh, he has talent. But I'm always a bit wary of players from schools that are dripping with talent across the board..This guy looks good because he's surrounded with strong players, but when drafted - not so much.

Cincy drafted 2 'Bama players that fit that. Dre Kirkpatrick and Andre Smith