PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Siemiens and Lynches highlights (Dennison offense)

Cali512
03-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Some things I noticed

A lot of playaction passes in the red zone. Every highlight in the red zone was set up off playaction. Also multiple WRs end up in the endzone with one usually set up near the 5.

Space throws. It seems that there is always a one on one matchup created. The majority of big plays are made when one of denvers WRs is one on one in space, and the QB just throws away from the defender. Very very rarely do you see a cluster of WRs in one area. This offense definitely expands the whole field, allowing the QB a lot of space to throw the ball.

A lot of roll outs. I think this is intended to keep the QBs feet loose during the game. Most slants the QB rolls with the WR, allowing him a perfect throwing lane to deliver a strike. I'm excited to see Watkins in this offense, as he never seemed to run routes previously that allowed RAC.

I've been hard on Mahomes. But this offense seems to be one that he would have the best chance at success. But I do think it would benefit any QB that can move. (every QB in this class)

ICRockets
03-07-2017, 12:58 PM
But I do think it would benefit any QB that can move. (every QB in this class)

There's also this other guy who moves well for a QB who we wouldn't have to draft.

Cali512
03-07-2017, 01:40 PM
There's also this other guy who moves well for a QB who we wouldn't have to draft.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually a Tyrod supporter, but I think we need a developmental prospect to sit behind him. I believe that a few QBs would be perfect to take in later rounds and can sit behind him for a few years.

Tyrod can lead us to the playoffs, then will get the honeymoon period, then the young guy comes in when we realize Tyrods not going to take us to a superbowl.

Bill Cody
03-07-2017, 02:09 PM
when we realize Tyrods not going to take us to a superbowl.

Most of us with working brains know that now. So why do we have to wait to get rid of him?

Cali512
03-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Most of us with working brains know that now. So why do we have to wait to get rid of him?

When a franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in nearly 20 years, and only 7 teams have recycled in the superbowl in the past 10 years, then we have to start of small. Taylor is going to be at most a Dalton or Smith type QB, and we will have to deal with a playoff loss, but our first step should be to get their. Once we have a foundation, then we can be picky. But right now there is only 5-8 QBs who are good enough to win a superbowl, so lets actually enjoy a run for once.

Bills fans are like a 400 lb girl who wants to be in a bikini by summer.

Bill Cody
03-07-2017, 03:40 PM
When a franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in nearly 20 years, and only 7 teams have recycled in the superbowl in the past 10 years, then we have to start of small. Taylor is going to be at most a Dalton or Smith type QB, and we will have to deal with a playoff loss, but our first step should be to get their. Once we have a foundation, then we can be picky. But right now there is only 5-8 QBs who are good enough to win a superbowl, so lets actually enjoy a run for once.

Bills fans are like a 400 lb girl who wants to be in a bikini by summer.

Nope. A lot of us are just not nitwits that think finishing 7-9 to 9-7 gets us any closer to a franchise signal caller, in fact just the opposite. That's NFL purgatory, forever stuck between heaven and hell. And keeping Tie Rod under his present deal means being stuck with mediocrity for years. It's not about lack of patience, if you're still on the Zone after 17 years of failure you've got patience. :monkeyp:Cali512

justasportsfan
03-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Problem is, out of the multiple wrs in the end zone, he can only see one .

The Jokeman
03-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Nathan Peterman is the QB to remember this draft. He seems to be a low risk high reward guy.

DesertFox24
03-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Nathan Peterman is the QB to remember this draft. He seems to be a low risk high reward guy.
Davis Webb is another I like in round 4 or 5

Mace
03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Some things I noticed

A lot of playaction passes in the red zone. Every highlight in the red zone was set up off playaction. Also multiple WRs end up in the endzone with one usually set up near the 5.

Space throws. It seems that there is always a one on one matchup created. The majority of big plays are made when one of denvers WRs is one on one in space, and the QB just throws away from the defender. Very very rarely do you see a cluster of WRs in one area. This offense definitely expands the whole field, allowing the QB a lot of space to throw the ball.

A lot of roll outs. I think this is intended to keep the QBs feet loose during the game. Most slants the QB rolls with the WR, allowing him a perfect throwing lane to deliver a strike. I'm excited to see Watkins in this offense, as he never seemed to run routes previously that allowed RAC.

I've been hard on Mahomes. But this offense seems to be one that he would have the best chance at success. But I do think it would benefit any QB that can move. (every QB in this class)

Dunno. Dennison is associated with a West Coast offensive system, that means quick reads are critical. Spread and Air Raid shotgun QB's like Mahomes typically struggle with reads from under center.

Don't remember if anyone posted this, what to expect from Dennison's offense :

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/20/what-can-we-expect-from-the-buffalo-bills-west-coast-offense-under-rick-dennison/

Kenny
03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Nope. A lot of us are just not nitwits that think finishing 7-9 to 9-7 gets us any closer to a franchise signal caller, in fact just the opposite. That's NFL purgatory, forever stuck between heaven and hell. And keeping Tie Rod under his present deal means being stuck with mediocrity for years. It's not about lack of patience, if you're still on the Zone after 17 years of failure you've got patience. :monkeyp:Cali512

Lol.

Sorry but completely disagree. There are a bunch of teams with average to slightly above average QBs that are always in the hunt. And we're in NFL purgatory? 17 years out of the playoffs, we're not in purgatory, we're in hell, the laughing stock of the league and viewed as an automatic "W" for other teams who play us. We've got a chance to make the playoffs, and you want to rebuild? Add 3 years before we become competitive again.

Patience only lasts so long... Im starting to wonder if the Bills will make the playoffs before I meet my maker.

Night Train
03-07-2017, 08:13 PM

I saw him play several games this year and am not making him out to be anything great...the guy was playing with an average supporting cast and no D to help him.... Yet he looked incredibly poised and THE MOMENT (playing big in big games) was something he did quite well. Puts the ball right on the money more than any of the QB's and his supporting cast dropped a ton of his passes.

That Clemson upset was all him. JMO but I think a lot of teams like him more than many of the others mentioned high in these silly mock drafts

Mace
03-07-2017, 08:30 PM
I saw him play several games this year and am not making him out to be anything great...the guy was playing with an average supporting cast and no D to help him.... Yet he looked incredibly poised and THE MOMENT (playing big in big games) was something he did quite well. Puts the ball right on the money more than any of the QB's and his supporting cast dropped a ton of his passes.

That Clemson upset was all him. JMO but I think a lot of teams like him more than many of the others mentioned high in these silly mock drafts

Pro Style passing offense is a huge plus. NFL.com uses Derek Carr as his QB comparison. If they want him, and I'm fine with it, they'd have to go pretty early on him. If they're sold, at this point I'd say do it. He's probably the only guy I'd relatively trust with a west coast offense after a year behind a bridge.

mdcas22
03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Davis Webb is another I like in round 4 or 5
Webb will never make it to round 3

Cali512
03-07-2017, 11:07 PM

Tyrod was handicapped by Rex. Firstly with how Rex wanted to win games. Rex wanted a QB who didn't turn the ball over and instructed his offense to be a low risk offense. I'm going to repeat myself, Tyrod in college would throw down the middle, and in coverage a lot. Which is why he ended up being a 55% passer in college. Where are 90% of ints thrown? The middle of the field, which is why Tyrod had to avoid that portion of the field. Along with that, he is then handicapped in late game circumstances because the defense is trying to keep the passes in the middle of the field. Which then makes his job harder, when 90% of the game he is trying to avoid mistakes, then all of a sudden he needs to be loose.

Quarterback is mental, and our style of offense never gave Tyrod a rhythm. Watch the SF, Seattle, and Miami games. Our game plan was different in those games, and Tyrod was scanning the whole field, buying time in the pocket, and throwing WRs open. I feel like each of those games we were in a desperate situation so our game plan was more aggressive. Yet in each of those games Tyrod made a few questionable throws and I feel like it terrified Rex. Rex was an extremely conservative coach last year. This is why after each of those games they reeled him in and went back to the one read and scramble offense.

Qbs normally aren't dramatically different with there eyes and style game to game. Tyrod was. Some games from the first snap Tyrod was scanning the whole field, avoiding pressure, and throwing everywhere. Other games he would snap the ball, look one direction, then take off. I have never in the history of watching football have seen such a dramatic switch in playing style from a QB. What inclines me to believe the Tyrod that scans the whole field is the real Tyrod, is number one, Rexs quotes, and two Tyrods history in college and early pros.