PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo is keeping Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract, per sources.......

daryls61
03-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Well, this sucks

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buffalo is keeping Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839548728763641856">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

daryls61
03-08-2017, 12:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We&#39;ve agreed to terms with QB Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract.<br><br>Welcome back, <a href="https://twitter.com/TyrodTaylor">@TyrodTaylor</a>! <a href="https://t.co/TWSKLqHIlm">pic.twitter.com/TWSKLqHIlm</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) <a href="https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/839549461110095872">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ICRockets
03-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Good. The main argument against keeping Tyrod was the position it put is in with his contract. It's hard to argue we're going to get something better than him in 2017, but we can certainly still draft somebody this year if we want.

ticatfan
03-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Well if it is saving the bills money ,then give him another season to see if he is a late bloomer. And then draft Watson.

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
It's not horrible if it's a good contract. My biggest issue was how much money they were going to be paying him.

Buffalogic
03-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Need the details to evaluate

Yasgur's Farm
03-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Might also be sign before trade.

Mahdi
03-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Good for him and good for Buffalo.

That takes character for him to re-structure like that.

Now go draft Chad Kelly in the 3rd round.

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2017, 01:08 PM
3rd round????????

3rd round??????

Mahdi
03-08-2017, 01:11 PM
3rd round????????

3rd round??????

Yes I think his value is higher than is believed.

Mouldsie
03-08-2017, 01:11 PM
There's no way he took less money so I'm curious how it's structured and how this impacts us.

Also, I guess we're not tanking now.... or winning the Super Bowl without a tremendous D

Jaybird
03-08-2017, 01:12 PM
need to add Wr talent in free agency and the draft.

The Jokeman
03-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Might also be sign before trade.

I doubt the official website delcare him back if the plan was to trade him.

The King
03-08-2017, 01:13 PM
At least I dont have to change the banner.

Forward_Lateral
There's no way he took less money so I'm curious how it's structured and how this impacts us.

Also, I guess we're not tanking now.... or winning the Super Bowl without a tremendous D
I'd be willing to bet he took less money.

The Jokeman
Good for him and good for Buffalo.

That takes character for him to re-structure like that.

Now go draft Chad Kelly in the 3rd round.

3rd Round is where I peg Nathan Peterman, Kelly is more of a 6th or 7th Rounder IMHO.

Forward_Lateral
At least I dont have to change the banner.

Pouring your coffee in your cereal was a premonition

Mouldsie
03-08-2017, 01:17 PM
I'd be willing to bet he took less money.

Then he's a selfless man because he would have been paid huge money in FAcy

psubills62
03-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

daryls61
03-08-2017, 01:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Under restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a>, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for &#39;17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.</p>&mdash; Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839558606651592709">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrod Taylor&#39;s restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.</p>&mdash; Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839557619807223809">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WagonCircler
03-08-2017, 01:36 PM
7-9 in 2017. Same as it ever was.

Albany,n.y.
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM
7-9 in 2017. Same as it ever was.

If they knew every year would be like this, they could have kept Jauron and not have had to pay all those fired coach $. He could have been the Marvin Lewis of Buffalo, Coach For Life Dick Jauron.

don137
03-08-2017, 01:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Under restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a>, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.</p>— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839558606651592709">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.</p>— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839557619807223809">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like a salary cap adjustment and not a salary adjustment.

Albany,n.y.
03-08-2017, 01:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Under restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a>, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.</p>— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839558606651592709">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.</p>— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) <a href="https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/839557619807223809">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doing the math, he gets $8.5 million in salary this year & with the $7 million bonus, he's making $15.5 million for this season.

Joe Fo Sho
03-08-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm super excited to win 7 games again.

EDS
03-08-2017, 02:00 PM
The silver lining is that we now do not have to suffer a year with Romo or Cutler. This does, however, take much of the intrigue out of the off-season.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2017, 02:05 PM
So 7 Mil over 5 years for signing bonus. wonder what is his salary next year and whether it is still guaranteed.

daryls61
03-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Resident Choad Mike Rodak who is bitter he can't cover the Cheatriots chimes in:
Grade C: I'll give this an average grade because I believe the Bills are opting for an average quarterback. While the terms of Taylor's restructured contract were not immediately available when the team announced his return Wednesday, it is unlikely that he took a significant pay cut (or any) in order to remain with a team that showed little faith in benching him late last season. Taylor would have other suitors on the free-agent market -- likely the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets -- so Taylor surely had financial incentive to remain in Buffalo. The Bills will keep their fans happy and in their seats at New Era Field by keeping their starting quarterback, but there are legitimate questions about whether Taylor can get the team to where they want to be. This is a safe decision by a team that did not want to shake things up too much.What it means: The Bills are maintaining the status quo instead of embarking on a rebuild that would have likely included drafting a quarterback in the first or second rounds next month. That means the Bills, who went 7-9 last season, believe they have enough pieces in place to make the playoffs in 2017. But as the past two seasons have shown, that might not be enough. Taylor has limitations as a passer -- his numbers were below average on third downs and pitiful in late-game situations -- and the impact of his athleticism in winning games has been debatable. The Bills' front office seemed to share those concerns in not committing to Taylor after this past season, but it is clear new coach Sean McDermott and offensive coordinator Rick Dennison feel strongly enough about Taylor for him to stay.http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27550/bills-risk-status-quo-by-opting-for-safe-decision-on-tyrod-taylor

Scumbag College
03-08-2017, 02:14 PM
This doesn't make any sense to me from Tyrod's point of view. If a guy like Glennon is getting approximately $15 mil a year and Osweiller got around $18 mil a year, I'm guessing Tyrod could command $20 mil a year or so in FA.

Something fishy about this.

jimmifli
03-08-2017, 02:22 PM
If they knew every year would be like this, they could have kept Jauron and not have had to pay all those fired coach $. He could have been the Marvin Lewis of Buffalo, Coach For Life Dick Jauron.

Upon reading your post Dick Jauron stared ahead vacantly. Shook his head a few times. Exhaled. Then nodded in resignation while clapping his hands and walking away.

Joe Fo Sho
03-08-2017, 02:34 PM
This doesn't make any sense to me from Tyrod's point of view. If a guy like Glennon is getting approximately $15 mil a year and Osweiller got around $18 mil a year, I'm guessing Tyrod could command $20 mil a year or so in FA.

Maybe the demand for a QB like Tyrod isn't what some people here thought it was..

The friggin' 12th overall pick from the Browns..what a joke.

Klaista2k
03-08-2017, 02:52 PM
What a joke.

The Bills have to be the worst run team in sports.

psubills62
03-08-2017, 03:05 PM
On one hand, Taylor is better than pretty much any of our other options, especially in a very weak QB draft. On the other hand, I don't think Taylor is a QB who can really help us take that next step. Really felt to me like he still struggles to throw our receivers open.

Guess we'll see what he can do in the new offense.

Kenny
03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
I like it. I mean, what else were we going to do? Tank the season and rebuild? Go after journeyman Hoyer or unproven Glennon? TT's better than any alternative option out there.

We've got a new coaching staff, a decent draft pick @ 10, and few positions to fix up on defense. Yeah I've got my rose colored glasses on right now, but after 17 years of being bottom feeders of the league, I'd rather push forward and reload vs. giving up and hoping for the best in 3 or 4 years.

Albany,n.y.
03-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Looking at it from a positive view:
At least Whaley isn't backed into a corner like he & Nix were in 2013 when they let Fitzpatrick go and forced the EJ Manuel pick. If they draft a QB it won't be out of desperation.

psubills62
03-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I like it. I mean, what else were we going to do? Tank the season and rebuild?
You don't think that's an option? We've been in middle pick hell for more than a decade.

Thurmal
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Guarantee you they learn nothing from the Manuel/Watkins scenario and take a stud WR at #10 to try to get the passing game going.

Jry44
03-08-2017, 03:40 PM
You don't think that's an option? We've been in middle pick hell for more than a decade.

Haha, no we haven't....

A better option than TT simply wasn't available. And this doesn't mean that taking another qb in the 2nd or 3rd round is not an option.

Joe Fo Sho
03-08-2017, 03:53 PM
A better option than TT simply wasn't available.

This is arguable. I think we could have found a QB quite easily that could throw for under 200 yards in over 50% of their starts.

Skooby
03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Now he can be traded.

X-Era
03-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Perfect

cookie G
03-08-2017, 04:12 PM
I like it. I mean, what else were we going to do? Tank the season and rebuild? Go after journeyman Hoyer or unproven Glennon? TT's better than any alternative option out there.

We've got a new coaching staff, a decent draft pick @ 10, and few positions to fix up on defense. Yeah I've got my rose colored glasses on right now, but after 17 years of being bottom feeders of the league, I'd rather push forward and reload vs. giving up and hoping for the best in 3 or 4 years.

If there's any truth to the article from last week, McD won out over Whaley/Russ/Overdorf.

He simply looked around the room and said, "Ok, you get rid of him...who's available that's an improvement?"

Overdorf looks down and starts shufflign papers, Russ opens his mouth and then say nothing, Whaley sheepishly whispers, "EJ?"

McD simply says, "Thought so".

Jry44
03-08-2017, 04:31 PM
This is arguable. I think we could have found a QB quite easily that could throw for under 200 yards in over 50% of their starts.

To practice squad receivers?

I really don't think so. Additionally, word is that those guys will be getting more than Tyrods restructured deal is worth.

I would have said hell no for $27 million. But at a restructured rate, we simply were not finding a better alternative through a Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Jay Cutler, or Mike Glennon.

Night Train
03-08-2017, 05:05 PM
I didn't fear the unknown of trying something else. Oh well..

Hope Dennison can do something with him. Looks like the D will have to improve a lot to overcome all TT's shortcomings at QB.

" Hey Tyrod...that's an open receiver 10-15 yards in front of you. Quit running around like a fool and THROW THE BALL ! "

djjimkelly
03-08-2017, 05:20 PM
i want to vomit i hope we draft chad kelly now

Mr. Pink
03-08-2017, 05:23 PM
I will not watch one game with that bum at QB.

No thanks.

Enjoy another 10-14 pick.

ho hum.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2017, 05:36 PM
I'm super excited to win 7 games again.

Look at next years opponents, what 7 games are they winning?

Mace
03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Guarantee you they learn nothing from the Manuel/Watkins scenario and take a stud WR at #10 to try to get the passing game going.

Absolutely.

In signing DiMarco & Tolbert today, it made me think they can do what Roman and Lynn were trying to do, but better. The only other thing is that stud WR to get the passing game going.

I looked up 'QB" coach Culley's career a while back. During his far distant QB coach dabble, his most successful QB was RB/kick returner Brian Mitchell. A fitting successor to Wildcat Lee. They aren't intending to put in a real passing offense. They mean to keep the QB looking for running lanes instead of receivers.

In having the two QB coaches be WR background guys, then in getting that stud WR, they figure Taylor just needs to understand his receivers better and might make a few plays here and there when he doesn't have to look for running lanes.

It won't work out terrible. They'll beat up some crap and middlin' teams just like they did. It won't work out great either though, because they won't be able to pass their way down the field to match the big boys.

They're going status quo with tweaks and I'm expecting the same middlin' records to continue.

Kenny
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Sure we could, but come on... TT also give us yards via rushing. People keep railing on the lack of yards but dont give him credit for extending plays and running for 1st downs.

Mace
03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Sure we could, but come on... TT also give us yards via rushing. People keep railing on the lack of yards but dont give him credit for extending plays and running for 1st downs.

Part of the problem with that is that he's looking for running lanes not directing receivers or seeing open ones, and the receivers then either block or try to draw defense away from the running lanes.

Taylor's absolutely one of the most elusive QB's I've seen, but by then he's done being a QB and shifting into RB mode.

Turf
03-08-2017, 06:59 PM
I don't think the franchise was ready for starting a rookie and conceding the season out of the gate. Tyrod was the least worse choice so they bit. If he gets hurt the rookie comes in.

mdcas22
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Haha, no we haven't....

A better option than TT simply wasn't available. And this doesn't mean that taking another qb in the 2nd or 3rd round is not an option.

who says a better option isn't avil.? yet TT is getting 10 mil a year on a restructure deal and Glennon is said to get 15 mil a year, so Chicago thinks Glennon is better.

SpikedLemonade
03-08-2017, 08:38 PM
I HATE THIS DECISION

Kenny
03-08-2017, 08:45 PM
who says a better option isn't avil.? yet TT is getting 10 mil a year on a restructure deal and Glennon is said to get 15 mil a year, so Chicago thinks Glennon is better.
And Ossweiler's getting $18mm. So what's your point?

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2017, 08:49 PM
I was hoping for Tyrod's return. No he's not the best QB ever but frankly, who's better out there? Answer me that.

We should still draft a QB in the mid rounds and let him compete with Cardale.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2017, 09:24 PM
I'd rather have Hoyer, the Bills can win 5 games with either one. Why waste the money on Tyrod.

Skooby
03-08-2017, 09:25 PM
I'd like to draft 2 QB's because we don't have any now.

Kenny
03-08-2017, 09:49 PM
I'd rather have Hoyer, the Bills can win 5 games with either one. Why waste the money on Tyrod.

Offense wasn't the issue last year. Could it be better? Sure, but we were still the 10th best scoring offense in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

Offense wasn't the issue last year. Could it be better? Sure, but we were still the 10th best scoring offense in the league.

bdutton
03-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Good. Hopefully this will end the stupid QB draft/trade threads.

Historian
03-09-2017, 06:39 AM
If there's any truth to the article from last week, McD won out over Whaley/Russ/Overdorf.

He simply looked around the room and said, "Ok, you get rid of him...who's available that's an improvement?"

Overdorf looks down and starts shufflign papers, Russ opens his mouth and then say nothing, Whaley sheepishly whispers, "EJ?"

McD simply says, "Thought so".

And this is probably exactly how it went down.

Seriously.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Look at next years opponents, what 7 games are they winning?

The Bills aren't good enough to be bad enough to get good again.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 08:02 AM

I'd have been fine signing Tyrod as our 3rd string running back for 3rd string running back money.

I want a QB whose strength is passing. Why is that so hard to ask for?

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 08:06 AM
I was hoping for Tyrod's return. No he's not the best QB ever but frankly, who's better out there? Answer me that.

My answer to this question, which gets brought up a lot, is that I would rather go with an unknown entity at QB than with a known entity that I think is not good enough to win.

Jry44
03-09-2017, 08:52 AM

They think he's better because they gave Glennon more than Tyrod? You do realize that Taylor never hit the market, right?

This is why I haven't been on a message board in months...

Kenny
03-09-2017, 08:56 AM
My answer to this question, which gets brought up a lot, is that I would rather go with an unknown entity at QB than with a known entity that I think is not good enough to win.

We could do a lot worse than the 10th best scoring offense last year.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 09:01 AM
We could do a lot worse than the 10th best scoring offense last year.

We can't do much worse that the 30th ranked passing attack, though.

Jry44
03-09-2017, 09:03 AM
This rationale over the last 17 years is why out playoff drought is driving now.

By no means does anyone think that Tyrod Taylor is carrying a team on his back to a Super Bowl. However, given the current state of the QB's in the league, there absolutely was not a better option available. Additionally, since he restructured and freed up some cap space, signing his was a no brainer. And lastly, is it really a coincidence that the QB market didn't start to move until after the announcement was made that we were keeping him?

Taylor was asked to make chicken salad out of chicken **** last year. Greg Salas and Justin Hunter were out best, healthy receiving options at one point!

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 09:15 AM
This rationale over the last 17 years is why out playoff drought is driving now.

K, bud.

By no means does anyone think that Tyrod Taylor is carrying a team on his back to a Super Bowl.

Oh good, I'm glad we locked him up then.

However, given the current state of the QB's in the league, there absolutely was not a better option available.

You don't know that. That's the whole idea of an unknown entity.

Additionally, since he restructured and freed up some cap space, signing his was a no brainer.

No it wasn't.

Taylor was asked to make chicken salad out of chicken **** last year. Greg Salas and Justin Hunter were out best, healthy receiving options at one point!

Piss poor excuse.

Sammy averaged 3.5 catches per game last year in 8 games, Woods averaged 3.9 per game in 13 games, Clay averaged 3.8 catches per game in 15 games. These are the types of numbers our receiving corps will forever put up with a QB who throws for an average of 185 yards per game.

I'm glad you're happy this trend will continue.

Jry44
03-09-2017, 09:54 AM
K, bud.

Oh good, I'm glad we locked him up then.

You don't know that. That's the whole idea of an unknown entity.

No it wasn't.

Piss poor excuse.

Sammy averaged 3.5 catches per game last year in 8 games, Woods averaged 3.9 per game in 13 games, Clay averaged 3.8 catches per game in 15 games. These are the types of numbers our receiving corps will forever put up with a QB who throws for an average of 185 yards per game.

I'm glad you're happy this trend will continue.

LOL.....

Kenny
03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
We can't do much worse that the 30th ranked passing attack, though.

What does it matter? Who cares how we score the points as long as we score the points. Would it make you feel better if we had a top 5 passing attack, but ranked 30th in scoring offense? You dont win games with style.

Top 10 scoring offense and we're complaining when there's no sure thing alternative out there to Tyrod? Fix the damn defense... that's the unit that added another year to our playoff drought last year.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 10:10 AM
I'd have been fine signing Tyrod as our 3rd string running back for 3rd string running back money.

I don't like Tyrod much, but this is the dumbest post in the history of the Billszone.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I don't like Tyrod much, but this is the dumbest post in the history of the Billszone.

Don't make me post a link to a list of Skooby's posts.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 10:19 AM

It shows how much I care about our QB's ability to run.

Besides, I've made much dumber posts than this one.

Jry44
03-09-2017, 10:21 AM
It shows how much I care about our QB's ability to run.

Besides, I've made much dumber posts than this one.

See....everything, above.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 10:25 AM
What does it matter? Who cares how we score the points as long as we score the points.

Are you kidding? Why does passing statistics matter when discussing our quarterback? Stop being ridiculous.

Would it make you feel better if we had a top 5 passing attack, but ranked 30th in scoring offense?

It would make me feel better about our quarterback, which is what this thread is about. Pay attention.

Top 10 scoring offense and we're complaining when there's no sure thing alternative out there to Tyrod? Fix the damn defense... that's the unit that added another year to our playoff drought last year.

The defense was ranked higher than our passing game, since you seem to love rankings so much.

Kenny
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Are you kidding? Why does passing statistics matter when discussing our quarterback? Stop being ridiculous.
Not being ridiculous at all. TT contributed to our #1 ranked rushing offense. We were putting up points on the board... or I gues according to you it doesnt matter if the offense doesnt score as long as we air it out?

It would make me feel better about our quarterback, which is what this thread is about. Pay attention.
I am paying attention, and all I see is someone complaining about TT without listing a better option... because there is none. Frankly, I couldnt care less about who's behind center as along as we're scoring points. Maybe that's a bit extreme, and in a perfect world, I might change my mind, but when there are much bigger problems to solve on this team, complaining about a unit that works seems petty.

The defense was ranked higher than our passing game, since you seem to love rankings so much.
So total defense was better than our passing game? That doesnt excuse the fact that our total defense was a let down, and was ranked worse than our total offense.

Bill Cody
03-09-2017, 11:18 AM
What does it matter? Who cares how we score the points as long as we score the points.

Seems to me the offense would be better if our passing attack was better but that's just me

Kenny
03-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Seems to me the offense would be better if our passing attack was better but that's just me

lol... Im not going to argue that having an elite QB wouldnt make us better -that's a given.
But I'd take TT over any option available right now. And I dont get why we would tinker with bringing in an unknown entity, when we're already putting up points.

Are we going to score significantly more points? Are we going to score significantly less? I'd guess the later, but it's anyone's guess. But why even screw around with the unit that was ranked #10, when it's clearly not the main problem?

sukie
03-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Well more money in Cleveland or stay in Buffalo... hmmm

Historian
03-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Patience.

Some of his problems are fixable.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Not being ridiculous at all. TT contributed to our #1 ranked rushing offense.

Our rushing offense would have been #3 without Tyrod. Who knows, maybe it would have been back to #1 if we had a QB that scared defenses into emptying the box. We wouldn't know what that's like though.

We were putting up points on the board... or I gues according to you it doesnt matter if the offense doesnt score as long as we air it out?

What a ridiculous argument, please show me a team with a top passing attack that doesn't put up points. Part of having a good passing attack is throwing touchdowns, for corn's sake.

I am paying attention, and all I see is someone complaining about TT without listing a better option... because there is none. Frankly, I couldnt care less about who's behind center as along as we're scoring points. Maybe that's a bit extreme, and in a perfect world, I might change my mind, but when there are much bigger problems to solve on this team, complaining about a unit that works seems petty.

A better option would be to get rid of the QB who won't get us anywhere and try something new. It might make us better, and it might make us worse. Even getting worse could help us in the long run. It will be cheaper, though. Maybe we could even invest in some other positions of need so that when we do find a QB, he isn't surrounded by a bunch of Duke Williams'.

How many points did we score that were directly related to a short field by the defense or a good special teams return? Remember that 1 yard TD drive Tyrod had against Seattle?

How would our defense have been ranked if the offense was able to stay on the field instead of going 3 and out 22% of the time (25th in the league)?

So total defense was better than our passing game? That doesnt excuse the fact that our total defense was a let down, and was ranked worse than our total offense.

I'm not giving the defense a pass, they were bad, it's obvious. But to ignore how Tyrod performed because of how our team played on the opposite side of the football is ridiculous.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Patience.

Some of his problems are fixable.

I hope I'm wrong more than anyone here.

Kenny
03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
A better option would be to get rid of the QB who won't get us anywhere and try something new. It might make us better, and it might make us worse. Even getting worse could help us in the long run. It will be cheaper, though. Maybe we could even invest in some other positions of need so that when we do find a QB, he isn't surrounded by a bunch of Duke Williams'.

We can go back and forth rebutting each of our comments, but this wont get anywhere. I think our offense with TT, while spending our resources on defense, is good enough to break the drought. You obviously think there's a) a better alternative out there right now (though Im not sure you've given any opinion as to who? -especially someone that comes at or less than TT's restructured deal) or b) we should just rebuild, because in the long run it *could* result in something better.

Good for you for being patient. But I personally want to push for the playoffs and break that 17 year streak, and that doesn't happen if we dont fix the primary problem (defense).

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 02:56 PM
We can go back and forth rebutting each of our comments, but this wont get anywhere. I think our offense with TT, while spending our resources on defense, is good enough to break the drought. You obviously think there's a) a better alternative out there right now (though Im not sure you've given any opinion as to who? -especially someone that comes at or less than TT's restructured deal) or b) we should just rebuild, because in the long run it *could* result in something better.

Good for you for being patient. But I personally want to push for the playoffs and break that 17 year streak, and that doesn't happen if we dont fix the primary problem (defense).

Do you think we're making the playoffs next year?

Kenny
03-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Do you think we're making the playoffs next year?

I think we're close. Call me an optimist, but looking back last year, there were quite a few games we should have won. Miami x2, Oakland, Seattle, Jets x2... those are on the defense. And that was the difference to making the playoffs and extending the streak to 17.

Joe Fo Sho
03-09-2017, 03:37 PM
I think we're close. Call me an optimist, but looking back last year, there were quite a few games we should have won. Miami x2, Oakland, Seattle, Jets x2... those are on the defense. And that was the difference to making the playoffs and extending the streak to 17.

You should be looking ahead at this years games, not looking back at last years. Which 10 games do you think we'll win in 2017?

HOME
AWAY

NEW ENGLAND
NEW ENGLAND

MIAMI
MIAMI

NYJ
NYJ

DENVER
KANSAS CITY

OAKLAND
SAN DIEGO

TAMPA BAY
ATLANTA

NEW ORLEANS
CAROLINA

INDIANAPOLIS
CINCINATTI

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 09:12 AM
You should be looking ahead at this years games, not looking back at last years. Which 10 games do you think we'll win in 2017?

<tbody>
HOME
AWAY

NEW ENGLAND
NEW ENGLAND

MIAMI
MIAMI

NYJ
NYJ

DENVER
KANSAS CITY

OAKLAND
SAN DIEGO

TAMPA BAY
ATLANTA

NEW ORLEANS
CAROLINA

INDIANAPOLIS
CINCINATTI

</tbody>

NOT going to happen.

I hate keeping TT.

Skooby
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM

<tbody>
HOME
AWAY

NEW ENGLAND
NEW ENGLAND

MIAMI
MIAMI

NYJ
NYJ

DENVER
KANSAS CITY

OAKLAND
SAN DIEGO

TAMPA BAY
ATLANTA

NEW ORLEANS
CAROLINA

INDIANAPOLIS
CINCINATTI

</tbody>

New England, if all their QB's go down.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
New England, if all their QB's go down.

Belly-chick will beat us using feminine napkin as a QB.

Kenny
03-10-2017, 09:31 AM

<tbody>
HOME
AWAY

NEW ENGLAND
NEW ENGLAND

MIAMI
MIAMI

NYJ
NYJ

DENVER
KANSAS CITY

OAKLAND
SAN DIEGO

TAMPA BAY
ATLANTA

NEW ORLEANS
CAROLINA

INDIANAPOLIS
CINCINATTI

</tbody>

It's tough for sure, but I think match up well vs. the MIA those 2 games, there's the two NYJ games, plus, here's hoping Brady regresses. Hoping for 4 or 5 wins there.
TB and Indy better be wins, and NO and Oakland both at home, plus we get Cincy and SD.

Way too early to tell how this season will go. But I dont want to tank until we need to tank.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 09:58 AM
It's tough for sure, but I think match up well vs. the MIA those 2 games, there's the two NYJ games, plus, here's hoping Brady regresses. Hoping for 4 or 5 wins there.
TB and Indy better be wins, and NO and Oakland both at home, plus we get Cincy and SD.

Way too early to tell how this season will go. But I dont want to tank until we need to tank.

We need to tank.

Joe Fo Sho
03-10-2017, 09:58 AM

I will never root for the Bills to tank, but if there's ever a season where we should be seeing what we have at the QB position in Cardale, or with an unknown QB (rookie or someone like AJ McCarron or Brett Hundley), it would be this one. Oh well, we'll be fine with 185 yards passing per game, right?

Also, 5 wins in the division is so far from reality that I can't even.

Joe Fo Sho
03-10-2017, 10:02 AM
We need to tank.

I think we should have used this season to evaluate some unknown QBs. Like I said above, McCarron or Hundley or a rookie or Cardale or somebody else. If that guy shows some promise, I'd be happy winning 7 games with him. Winning 7 games again with Tyrod is going to be infuriating. I'm not advocating for a tank, but if Cardale started all season and only won 2 games, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I think we should have used this season to evaluate some unknown QBs. Like I said above, McCarron or Hundley or a rookie or Cardale or somebody else. If that guy shows some promise, I'd be happy winning 7 games with him. Winning 7 games again with Tyrod is going to be infuriating. I'm not advocating for a tank, but if Cardale started all season and only won 2 games, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Agreed.

Some posters here -- homers typically -- don't get it.

They need to win meaningless games THIS year.

You would think they are terminal and don't expect to be alive in a season or two.

Kenny
03-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Agreed.

Some posters here -- homers typically -- don't get it.

They need to win meaningless games THIS year.

You would think they are terminal and don't expect to be alive in a season or two.
I agree Cardale should have started much much sooner last year (as soon as we were out of the playoffs), but no way would I ever want to tank a season before it even starts.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I agree Cardale should have started much much sooner last year (as soon as we were out of the playoffs), but no way would I ever want to tank a season before it even starts.
NOT a Sabres fan?

Joe Fo Sho
03-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Most people are equating starting Cardale with giving up on the season and tanking. I don't know that that's the case. We drafted the guy, do we not want to give him a chance?

Generally, the pro-tank crowd is just asking for a QB. Well, if we start an unknown QB and he ends up playing well, then there would be no reason to have to tank as we would already have a promising option at QB.

I'd have been fine starting Cardale this year, but I would have been rooting for him to win every single game he played.

Kenny
03-10-2017, 11:03 AM
NOT a Sabres fan?
Lol... nope. From Canada (don't follow hockey though).

JoeMama
03-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Tyrod restructures, Bills fans mired in complete indifference.

This franchise is really good at making you just stop giving a ****.

I guess Tyrod is our best option for 2017 but he's so meh it's hard to really feel reassured. Maybe he can get us past 8-8 if the defense is worth a damn now that Rex fat ****** Ryan is gone.

I just wonder who the hell he's going to throw to. We already know Watkins will miss 8+ games and Tyrod stubbornly refuses to acknowledge he has an often wide-open pass catching TE on the field in Clay.

Barf.

Kenny
03-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Most people are equating starting Cardale with giving up on the season and tanking. I don't know that that's the case. We drafted the guy, do we not want to give him a chance?

Generally, the pro-tank crowd is just asking for a QB. Well, if we start an unknown QB and he ends up playing well, then there would be no reason to have to tank as we would already have a promising option at QB.

I'd have been fine starting Cardale this year, but I would have been rooting for him to win every single game he played.

Oh I get it, find out what you have in the guy. But to me, it's not like Cardale's already pro ready (hence why he was taken a bit late), so starting him would really be just throwing spaghetti up against the wall and hope it sticks. Historically, it rarely does.
Now if we were the Jets, Browns, SF, JAX, etc... that's a different story. You can argue if it's QB or some other position, but their offense as a whole stinks. Definitely throw everything at the wall and hope you get something. If nothing sticks, nothing's lost and you go after the next QB via draft.
The difference is, I think we have a chance to compete with TT.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Lol... nope. From Canada (don't follow hockey though).

Disgraceful

djjimkelly
03-15-2017, 08:38 AM
I will not watch one game with that bum at QB.

No thanks.

Enjoy another 10-14 pick.

ho hum.

its going to be one of the most uneventful bills seasons of my life time. i honestly think the last time i had this little interest was the alex van pelt starter year

SpikedLemonade
03-15-2017, 09:19 AM
its going to be one of the most uneventful bills seasons of my life time. i honestly think the last time i had this little interest was the alex van pelt starter year

I was actually interested in that season because I wanted to see AVP killed behind that piece of crap OL.

Mouldsie
03-15-2017, 09:32 AM

Now Brett Hundley is an idea