03-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Of course he is.

jamze132
03-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Lol

k-oneputt
03-09-2017, 08:15 AM
I can't take it.

And don't come I here and say Gilmore sucks because you don't know what your talking about.

justasportsfan
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
He sucks just like Hogan.

Scumbag College
03-09-2017, 08:35 AM
He's going to reveal all of the Bills secrets to Belli***** and the Pats are going to own the Bills now. Total collusion.

swiper
03-09-2017, 08:41 AM
He's going to reveal all of the Bills secrets to Belli***** and the Pats are going to own the Bills now. Total collusion.

But yet he hasn't been privy to the schemes of the new coaching staff.

Thurmal
03-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Jeez Gilmore, why couldn't you just sign with someone like the Giants or Eagles, like a decent person?

Buffalogic
03-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Pats meeting their yearly quota of signing at least one former bill.

Night Train
03-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Sucking is no secret.

GingerP
03-09-2017, 09:22 AM
$14M per.

Knowing the Pats they turn around and trade Malcolm Butler for Brandon Cooks and end up with both players.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Why didn't the Bills put some kind of tag on him. This organization is run by complete buffoons.

kingJofNYC
03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Hilarious, do what the Pats do, right Jerry? Do what the ****ing Pats do!

Zero
03-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Hilarious, do what the Pats do, right Jerry? Do what the ****ing Pats do!

It doesn't really matter what the Pats do or who they acquire/release. They will invariably get more value from their players than will the Bills due to the Pats' superior coaching. So of course Hogan and Gilmore will excel in NE because we're the Bills.

We had a chance to draft Aaron Rodgers, does anyone truly believe our fortunes would have changed if we did? Because I don't. I believe we would have pissed away his talents and ran his confidence and career into the ground like we have likely done to an untold number of players.

Mace
03-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Yeah people went on and on about Jairus Byrd too.

Well good for the Pats. Now they'd better get another CB too for when Gilmore gets hurt.

kingJofNYC
03-09-2017, 10:31 AM
It doesn't really matter what the Pats do or who they acquire/release. They will invariably get more value from their players than will the Bills due to the Pats' superior coaching. So of course Hogan and Gilmore will excel in NE because we're the Bills.

We had a chance to draft Aaron Rodgers, does anyone truly believe our fortunes would have changed if we did? Because I don't. I believe we would have pissed away his talents and ran his confidence and career into the ground like we have likely done to an untold number of players.
Say no more, completely agree.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Patriots closed in on Gilmore faster than Gilmore ever closed in on a patriot lmao

DesertFox24
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Gilmore is a good corner but if they want to pay him top 5 money I think it will blow up in their face. His stats will look better though since he is going to the pats and teams will be playing catch up and throw the ball more.

I will say this, he clearly only care about the money and throughout free agency history we have seen what happens to players that take the pay check and leave. I am not saying he is a bust like Haynesworth but I highly doubt he makes people question their top 5 corner list. He will be in the 5-8 corner range though.

DesertFox24
03-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Why didn't the Bills put some kind of tag on him. This organization is run by complete buffoons.

You put a transition tag and we do not get a comp pick if he walks, if you franchise him we would be paying him over 14. Bills did not think he was a top 5 corner so they let him walk and will get the comp pick. Truth be told we all knew this was the outcome the day McDerrmott became the coach, unlike Rex defense corner not as high a need as he plays a lot of zone.

It is what it is we drafted a good player who just wanted a pay check and to be paid top 5. Oh well thanks for the 6 years.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Gilmore was picked on during certain gameplans. There were games where he was targeted 6-7 times. I don't get the fascination with him being considered an elite corner, some games he was a liability.

Not only that he was targeted because he would draw penalties like crazy certain games. He doesn't know how to be a modern day cornerback and also proved he has no intentions in tackling anyone

Historian
03-09-2017, 01:37 PM
He may look better on a better team.

One where his help over the top isn't a defensive end...

YardRat
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ...the Patriot semen dripping off of this guy's chin is overwhelming.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-free-agents-bill-belichick-trade-brady-garoppolo-gilmore-cooks-roster-030917

How one free-agent signing shows the brilliance of Bill Belichick and the Patriots

swiper
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ...the Patriot semen dripping off of this guy's chin is overwhelming.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-free-agents-bill-belichick-trade-brady-garoppolo-gilmore-cooks-roster-030917

How one free-agent signing shows the brilliance of Bill Belichick and the Patriots

Belichick is one of the best talent scouts in football and the best at finding players who will excel in his system.

We'll see how long they're saying this after they see how often Gilmore gets burned.

Mouldsie
03-09-2017, 05:34 PM
You put a transition tag and we do not get a comp pick if he walks, if you franchise him we would be paying him over 14. Bills did not think he was a top 5 corner so they let him walk and will get the comp pick. Truth be told we all knew this was the outcome the day McDerrmott became the coach, unlike Rex defense corner not as high a need as he plays a lot of zone.

It is what it is we drafted a good player who just wanted a pay check and to be paid top 5. Oh well thanks for the 6 years.

We never get comp picks because we always sign some fringe FA's that outnumber who we lose though

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see how long they're saying this after they see how often Gilmore gets burned.

^Bills fans are too freakin much

YardRat
03-09-2017, 05:52 PM
If there is even a speck of truth in that article, I think it's pretty ****ty for an organization to throw 14mil per year at Gilmore instead of paying a guy (Butler) that's helped them win 2 titles.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2017, 06:22 PM
I can't take it.

And don't come I here and say Gilmore sucks because you don't know what your talking about.

Gilmore sucks

Thurmal
03-09-2017, 06:33 PM

"So not only does New England get the best corner available, it does so by taking away him from the Bills, which should make Gilmore’s inevitable pick-six of Tyrod Taylor this season all the more painful."

Yes, it is inevitable that a guy who has 0 career TDs will get a pick-six.

justasportsfan
03-09-2017, 06:53 PM

He wasnt getting burned much when Schwartz was the DC was he?.

The sb champs are better with Gilmore in their line-up and the record breaking non playoff bills are worse without him.

Looks like the pats will be shutting us down again

swiper
03-09-2017, 07:17 PM

He was, but not as much. Bills fans are funny. This is true. All winter I have read you folks screaming about how this guy sucks and how he's not worth $15 million a year. Then all the sudden the Patriots sign him and he's great again. It's laughable. Teams got around him last year. Put him on an island and he is very much stranded.

TigerJ
03-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Why didn't the Bills put some kind of tag on him. This organization is run by complete buffoons.A transition tag wouldn't do much of anything. He's probably going more than he would under a transition tag, and there is no compensation under the transition tag. Franchise compensation might be higher, and that could scare off suitors, leaving Buffalo to pay him, thus screwing up their cap management.

upstart
03-09-2017, 07:33 PM
He was, but not as much. Bills fans are funny. This is true. All winter I have read you folks screaming about how this guy sucks and how he's not worth $15 million a year. Then all the sudden the Patriots sign him and he's great again. It's laughable. Teams got around him last year. Put him on an island and he is very much stranded.

The Patriots don't put CB's on islands, B.B. wouldn't pay $14 million for a guy he thought sucked. Dwayne Allen will fit nice with Gronk and Gilmore will fit well with Butler.

"New England going for six."

It has a nice RING to it

justasportsfan
03-09-2017, 08:03 PM

I think we had the no e pass d under Schwartz. No.1 3rd down D.

I always thought that Gilmore was solid but not top 5. He regressed as did the entire team when Rexs scheme confused players . They were guessing what their assignments were and so many diffetent voices telling them what to do especially when Rob Ryan came in.

There was only Schwartzs voice and in NE theres only BBs

Oaf
03-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Their loss.

Crisis
03-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Good. I can't wait til we run the football right at him every play while he throws a half assed shoulder lunge towards Shady.

BillsImpossible
03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
The end of the Patriot reign is nigh.

They just signed Gilmore for big bucks!

Totally not their MO.

Very out of context with what the Patriots are known for.

The Gilmore signing marks the beginning of the end for the Pats.

After 17 years, I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

DesertFox24
03-09-2017, 09:22 PM

The sb champs are better with Gilmore in their line-up and the record breaking non playoff bills are worse without him.

Look we can all be mad he went to the pats but bottom line was the bills decided he was not worth top 5 corner money. Whatever it is what it is.

The reason the pats are good is because of Brady it has nothing to do with Bill or the defense or anyone of the other 52 players on that team.

Had the jets or phins signed him no one here would have cared.

TacklingDummy
03-09-2017, 09:27 PM

Totally not their MO.

Yeah because Brady will be 40.

It's nothing the Bills are doing.

DesertFox24
03-09-2017, 09:30 PM
He is either 5th or 6th highest in average salary per year. He is third highest in total overall cost and highest EVER in total guaranteed money.

Just ask yourself is he worth more money than Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Haden, or even Revis because no matter what the average salary is or the value of the contract they will never see those total dollars. He got more G jack than all of those guys, let that simmer before you say bills suck and made a bad decision.

As much as I liked the guy (got my masters degree from South Carolina) he is not better nor did he deserve more money than those guys BOTTOM LINE

stuckincincy
03-09-2017, 09:58 PM
He is either 5th or 6th highest in average salary per year. He is third highest in total overall cost and highest EVER in total guaranteed money.

Just ask yourself is he worth more money than Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Haden, or even Revis because no matter what the average salary is or the value of the contract they will never see those total dollars. He got more G jack than all of those guys, let that simmer before you say bills suck and made a bad decision.

As much as I liked the guy (got my masters degree from South Carolina) he is not better nor did he deserve more money than those guys BOTTOM LINE

The inflation rate of salaries is insane.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Actually he was. His first game he was burnt all day by Stephon Hill. His penalties were also worse during the Schwartz years, and Rexs D just pointed out his flaws

DesertFox24
03-09-2017, 10:59 PM
look he is a good player so we all need to stop acting like he sucked. We were all mad about Bryd and that worked out great, we were all mad about Winfield when he went to the vikes and he was a good player, we were all made about Clements and he was not what he was.

Time will tell about Gilmore guy is what 27 years old, but jut let it be.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Bills fans are mad that he didn't give it all. Everyone else that you mentioned gave it 110% when they were here. During Gilmores tenure we saw Darby, Robey, Rambo, Butler, Williams ect, bust ass to be on our team and try their asses off. We see Gilmore who never showed an ounce of passion when tackling or covering, so that's where the bad blood comes from. We will over rate the **** out of you here if you just leave it all on the field. This is why Fitzpatrick was loved, this is why Kyle and Fred were loved more than Dareus and Spiller, this is why our fan base loved Lynch his first few years, then hated him when his drive slowed down.

BertSquirtgum
03-10-2017, 04:46 AM

No

BertSquirtgum
03-10-2017, 04:49 AM
The Patriots don't put CB's on islands, B.B. wouldn't pay $14 million for a guy he thought sucked. Dwayne Allen will fit nice with Gronk and Gilmore will fit well with Butler.

"New England going for six."

It has a nice RING to it

You have a nice **** in your mouth

swiper
03-10-2017, 04:56 AM

He never lived up to his pre-draft hype. So add the cost to that? I guess the Super Bowl champs can get away with such a gamble, but the Bills can't. Can you imagine the disdain that would be posted here if the Bills had signed him back to this contract?

Historian
03-10-2017, 06:30 AM
The reason the pats are good is because of Brady it has nothing to do with Bill or the defense or anyone of the other 52 players on that team.

I disagree.

Belichek's defense is the reason we lost Super Bowl XXV.

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2017, 07:43 AM

Totally not their MO.

Actually that's not true. They have paid DBs before - see Darrelle Revis for one.

DesertFox24
03-10-2017, 07:44 AM
I disagree.

Belichek's defense is the reason we lost Super Bowl XXV.
Lol nope I blame Marv for being too conservative on final drive. Bill is a good coach do not get me wrong but Brady hides all of his bad decisions.

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Anybody that says Gilmore sucks is some combination of a homer, idiot and clueless about the game.

Mouldsie
03-10-2017, 12:44 PM
An already very good Pro Bowl CB who is coming into the prime of his career joining a coaching staff that will help maximize his ability....

Gilmore is one of the best CB's in the NFL. CB's in the NFL will inevitably be beat for receptions from time to time as that's the nature of the game and offense friendly rules. He gets beat far less than most and takes on the oppositions top WR. He's a high character player too and will fit in with the NE culture (meanwhile we will draft a few character flags this year). The fact that he couldnt fit into the Bills plans but can fit into a winning organization like NE should be red flags all over the place for us.

Cali512
03-10-2017, 01:13 PM
A cornerback who is picked on due to lack of balls skills, speed, and tackling ability. Along with being a penalty magnet, is not elite. His style forces him to be a number one or two CB but his performance isn't that of a starter. Almost every INY he's ever gotten was given to him

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2017, 01:18 PM
He's not even a starter?

For reals?

And the Patriots just signed him to a big money deal?

Cali512
03-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Cornerback starters are different. He's a starter vs some teams, but not vs bigger WRs, or smaller WRs. His perfect matchups are vs 6-0-6-2 WRs who aren't that fast or run crisp routes, and aren't physical. He struggle vs good route runners, fast players, and big bodied physical WRs.

Gilmore can shut down a Beckum, Admendola, or a Britt. But will struggle vs a Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, or Maclin

Mouldsie
03-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Cornerback starters are different. He's a starter vs some teams, but not vs bigger WRs, or smaller WRs. His perfect matchups are vs 6-0-6-2 WRs who aren't that fast or run crisp routes, and aren't physical. He struggle vs good route runners, fast players, and big bodied physical WRs.

Gilmore can shut down a Beckum, Admendola, or a Britt. But will struggle vs a Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, or Maclin

DUDE!

Listen to yourself

BertSquirtgum
03-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Anybody that says Gilmore sucks is some combination of a homer, idiot and clueless about the game.
He ****ing sucks. Did you have a face mask on and cucumbers over your eyes when you were watching him play?

Cali512
03-11-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm watching gilmores highlights, and omg its pathetic
Most of the plays are drops by the WR, almost half of the plays are thrown straight into gilmores hands where he dropped them. The others are poor fundamental tackles that he's lucky he had help for, and the majority of his good plays could of easily of been PI or defensive holding

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4KsqJbly64

Lol. His highlights don't even make him look elite lmao

Mouldsie
03-12-2017, 04:12 PM
LMAO Belichick is an IDIOT

Cali512
03-12-2017, 04:19 PM
How would we be a homer for hating how Gilmore plays the game while he was here. How are we an idiot for hating how he would constantly hold WRs or get PI? How are we clueless for noticing other teams intentionally throwing his way to yet yds and easy TDs.

Most of his pds were thrown right to him and were dropped, and every int he gets is thrown directly to him

- - - Updated - - -

DUDE!

Listen to yourself

Dude Gilmore does struggle vs fast WRs and big bodied Wrs. That's a fact

Novacane
03-12-2017, 04:23 PM
He gets to lose two games against Brady and gain two against Tyrod. He's guaranteed to look like hes improved. I still don't see him as a shut down corner. Not upset about this at all. Gilmore won't be the reason the Pats keep kicking our asses!