PDA

View Full Version : Woods to Rams. Bills cut Aaron Williams

GingerP
03-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Things happening fast.

streetkings01
03-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Who didn't see Woods going to either the Rams or Chargers? AW should just retire.

jimmifli
03-09-2017, 10:25 AM
As sad as i am to lose a Williams, I don't think he can play anymore and if he does I don't want to watch it.

Just happy Brady to Woods isn't going to be a thing this season.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2017, 10:29 AM
As sad as i am to lose a Williams, I don't think he can play anymore and if he does I don't want to watch it.

yes, but the Bills are down to 2 and with the addition of Tolbert one of them is in danger of not being around.

They need replacements now.

Stop focusing on Tolbert, DeMarco, DeCassie and Hauschka and find some Williams.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Maybe the Bills will sign another FB. And just run an offense with all FB/TEs

Cali512
03-09-2017, 10:33 AM
I think it's almost criminal what Landry did. He targeted Williams on that play, even though Williams was not I any position to make a play. I always loved Landry, but he definitely deserves some sort of karma

As for Woods. Good luck with Goff, you deserve better still though

cookie G
03-09-2017, 10:47 AM

It reminds me of the Derrick Burroughs situation. He injured his neck in a game, it turned out to be OK, but tests determined he had an abnormally narrow spinal cord and risked paralysis if he continued to play.

The Bills cut him. He wasn't happy about it...but it was the right decision.

Just happy Brady to Woods isn't going to be a thing this season.

8 mill a year for 5 years. 3 million more per year than Torrey Smith got in Philly.

cookie G
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
They're looking at Jared Cook. He probably goes back to GB though.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5165/jared-cook

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Lions and Bills are "showing the most interest" in free agent TE Jared Cook.
The Packers want Cook back, but GM Ted Thompson is only going to do it at his price. Neither the Lions nor Bills appear to be a likely landing spot at first glance, but Detroit will almost certainly add someone next to Eric Ebron. The Bills need to find weapons wherever they can. Cook is Rotoworld's No. 2 available tight end. Mar 9 - 9:19 AM

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty certain if we don't add a TE that we will draft OJ Howard

feldspar
03-09-2017, 11:08 AM
I think it's almost criminal what Landry did. He targeted Williams on that play, even though Williams was not I any position to make a play. I always loved Landry, but he definitely deserves some sort of karma

As for Woods. Good luck with Goff, you deserve better still though

I hate that bastard Landry.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Jared Cook would be another waste of talent here.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:11 AM
If Williams was Eric Berry. All hell would of broke loose in the NFL. Hell even if it was an average S on the patriots. The media never covered that hit, or brought it to the media the way it should of. That was a vicious and violent play

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Jared Cook would be another waste of talent here.

Lol so if we sign a good player then you will say we are wasting there talent? You literally are proving that you have no interest in seeing a winning bills team

The King
03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Bills don't want to be the emblem on his chest when he can't get up next time.

Thurmal
03-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Lol so if we sign a good player then you will say we are wasting there talent? You literally are proving that you have no interest in seeing a winning bills team
I think what he is saying is that it is pointless to spend big money on receivers and TEs when your already limited QB only throws 18 times a game, which I agree with.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Why do people refuse to take Rexs words literally? Or use history to judge our QB? Rex literally said he wants a run first, low risk offense, while allowing his d to win games. We all knew what that meant, and when it happened people are throwing Tyrod under the bus. Most of our routes were angled to the sideline because most ints are thrown in between the hash.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 11:38 AM
No, signing a TE to a huge contract (which is what Cook will get most likely) will prove to be a giant waste of resources on this team. Just another shiny toy that the offense doesn't use.

I am not literally proving that I don't want the Bills to win. Thanks for your input though, it means about as much to me as the dog**** I stepped in this morning.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 11:52 AM
You do realize that the front office doesn't make the game plan right?

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 11:55 AM
You do realize that the front office doesn't make the game plan right?

Please do yourself a favor and unplug your router.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 12:00 PM
No, signing a TE to a huge contract (which is what Cook will get most likely) will prove to be a giant waste of resources on this team. Just another shiny toy that the offense doesn't use.

I am not literally proving that I don't want the Bills to win. Thanks for your input though, it means about as much to me as the dog**** I stepped in this morning.

Please do yourself a favor and unplug your router.

I'm just asking because Dennison, McDermott, and Frazier weren't here last year. So to assume we wouldn't use him properly in the gameplan is speaking without facts

jimmifli
03-09-2017, 12:10 PM
With Williams cut don't we have about $30 million in cap? That's a lot of FBs

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 12:12 PM
With Williams cut don't we have about $30 million in cap? That's a lot of FBs
Literally

Cali512
03-09-2017, 12:49 PM
How do you block people? I'm having issues with this lateral dude

The last buffalo fan
03-09-2017, 12:59 PM
How do you block people? I'm having issues with this lateral dude

You better ask to the Patriots or Cowboys, here we can't block ****!

Jaybird
03-09-2017, 01:17 PM
We need safety help asap. I see a Byrd Reuben happening. But we need at least 2 player. Plus draft. Also need some vet WR help

Turf
03-09-2017, 01:22 PM
We're already overpaying for a TE in Clay. Why would we sign another?

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2017, 01:25 PM

Do you really need to ask that question?

TigerJ
03-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Free agency lasts more than a couple days. There will be some signings at positions of need.

psubills62
03-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Just sign all the pass-catching FB's and TE's and we won't even need WR's.

YardRat
03-09-2017, 05:09 PM
It reminds me of the Derrick Burroughs situation. He injured his neck in a game, it turned out to be OK, but tests determined he had an abnormally narrow spinal cord and risked paralysis if he continued to play.

The Bills cut him. He wasn't happy about it...but it was the right decision.

8 mill a year for 5 years. 3 million more per year than Torrey Smith got in Philly.

One of my favorite players of all time. I'll never forget Jerry Glanville breaking the news that Burroughs would never play football again, after visiting Derrick in the hospital after the game.

Ed
03-10-2017, 02:03 PM
It's being reported that the Bills did not designate A. Williams as a post-June 1 release, so the Bills only save about $1.8 mil of cap space this season. A post-June 1 designation would have bumped the savings up to $4.2 mil for this season, but would have also added the difference as dead cap to the 2018 season. This would indicate to me that they're not planning to make anymore big or aggressive moves during this free agency period. Maybe they'll make at least one more signifcant signing, but it would appear that they're not trying to maximize their cap space for this season, and instead save additional cap for next season.

JoeMama
03-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Dude watch the games, Clay is getting open, Tyrod is just terrible at seeing the field. It was a widely expressed criticism of Tyrod allllllllll year long.

JoeMama
03-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Also LOLZ at 39 mil for Robert Woods.

I guess that's what the market will bear for mediocre possession receivers these days.

Still what a stupid amount of money for a pedestrian player.

Ed
03-10-2017, 07:45 PM
It's being reported that the Bills did not designate A. Williams as a post-June 1 release, so the Bills only save about $1.8 mil of cap space this season. A post-June 1 designation would have bumped the savings up to $4.2 mil for this season, but would have also added the difference as dead cap to the 2018 season. This would indicate to me that they're not planning to make anymore big or aggressive moves during this free agency period. Maybe they'll make at least one more signifcant signing, but it would appear that they're not trying to maximize their cap space for this season, and instead save additional cap for next season.
Reports regarding A. Williams release have changed. According to Rodak A. Williams was in fact designated as a post-June 1 cut, so the Bills do save $4.2 mil this season with his release.

Rodak:
The NFL has corrected its transaction log from Thursday and designated Bills safety Aaron Williams as a post-June 1 cut, per ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates. That means Williams' full $6.625 million cap hit stays on the Bills' books until June 1, at which point they save $4.2 million off their 2017 cap and take a $2.425 million dead-money charge against their 2018 salary cap. Had Williams not been designated a post-June 1 cut, his release would have only saved $1.775 million against the Bills' 2017 cap but not caused any dead money charge in 2018.