PDA

View Full Version : Bills are arguably in the worst cap position of any NFL team

The King
03-09-2017, 03:13 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Only 48 players under contract (lowest in the league). 19th ranked in cap space, if they don't ace this off-season we're in for a rough couple of years.

Cali512
03-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Last year Whaley signed 2 pro bowlers for vet minimum. Previously he made some great trades. Hunter also came in and had a few TDs, so I have faith in Whaley to escape this year again unharmed.

We definitely need to do something about Clays contract, along with Dareus.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2017, 03:36 PM
They just signed 2 safeties. So that need looks filled for the time being.

Night Train
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
I'll wait to see how the entire off-season plays out before playing taps.

They are filling a lot of needs rather quickly. WR, OLB, CB looks like the main remaining needs. Draft and FA can solve that. Seem to have the room.

The King
03-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Oddly enough they outbid GB for Hyde who is actually in a better spot than BUF cap wise, but second worst in terms of contracts.

Night Train
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Oddly enough they outbid GB for Hyde who is actually in a better spot than BUF cap wise, but second worst in terms of contracts.

I'm guessing more cuts could be coming. Corey Graham, Eric Wood stand out as targets. Then some cap relief redo's with a few others.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2017, 04:36 PM

Only 48 players under contract (lowest in the league). 19th ranked in cap space, if they don't ace this off-season we're in for a rough couple of years.
We've been in a rough spot for 17 years. But with the signings of a couple of decent safeties, Houshka to replace Carpenter, and the re-signing of Schmidt, we're not too bad. WR, RT and CB still need help, and maybe LB. But Lawson and Ragland could fill some needs, as could Listenbee at WR.

BillsFanCupp38
03-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Last year Whaley signed 2 pro bowlers for vet minimum. Previously he made some great trades. Hunter also came in and had a few TDs, so I have faith in Whaley to escape this year again unharmed.

Agreed. More so Clay's than Darius

YardRat
03-09-2017, 04:38 PM
This year may be a step or two back, but next year = playoffs. Book it.

SpikedLemonade
03-09-2017, 04:48 PM

TRUE

swiper
03-09-2017, 04:51 PM

More good planning by Terry Pegula and his people.

swiper
03-09-2017, 04:53 PM
This year may be a step or two back, but next year = playoffs. Book it.

If I only had a nickel for every time I've read this over the past 18 years.

YardRat
03-09-2017, 06:02 PM
If I only had a nickel for every time I've read this over the past 18 years.

Yeah, me too. But this time I'm the one that's saying it so it's better.

Buddo
03-10-2017, 05:52 AM
I like the fact that they made a needed acquisition or two early. Particularly Hyde. And the other Safety.

I'm also on board with the two FBs. One the best blocking FB in the NFL, the other guy a definite 3rd and short guy, who can give them an additional wrinkle at the goal line, if both he and Shady are on the field. Is he blocking for Shady, or is he powering over? You can possibly get a miss match by slipping Shady out wide, and shoveling it to him with a fake hand off also.

Still plenty of holes to fill, but I'm starting to get a sense of a genuine plan being in place to give them the most options come the draft.

They were apparently looking at a Bucs WR and STs ace, (Russell Shepard) who seemingly fits exactly the profile McDermott wants, i.e. high character, team guy, who just loves the game, but it seems our new HCs old team have beaten us to the punch. Could have been a useful #3 WR and STs guy for us. Wouldn't have cost that much either.

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2017, 07:26 AM
How much do they save by cutting Clay? He's useless, and they can get just as much productivity out of someone a fraction of this cost, IMO

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2017, 07:53 AM
How much do they save by cutting Clay? He's useless, and they can get just as much productivity out of someone a fraction of this cost, IMO
To be fair, he's not useless

The guy throwing him the ball is useless at seeing him wide open down the field

Jry44
03-10-2017, 07:58 AM

With reports of the Bills pursuing Jarred Cook ( Garafalo) and Martellus Bennet (Capaccio says there are rumors, though I have not seen any) you have yo wonder if Clays cut is coming. Would make sense to me.

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2017, 08:33 AM
To be fair, he's not useless

The guy throwing him the ball is useless at seeing him wide open down the field

Well, you know what I meant. It's pointless to have him if the QB is blind.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Wont they be way over 50 mill under next year though?

jamze132
03-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Due to the coaching change, this is a good year to have a large roster turnover.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 09:28 AM
More good planning by Terry Pegula and his people.

Terry is a dumb Polack.

Go drill another hole in the ground you ******ed fracker and hire a seasoned executive to run your NFL team.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2017, 10:03 AM

I read this morning that Hyde wasn't offered anything by GB

The King
03-10-2017, 10:45 AM

I am not a cap guy. But his original deal had 24.5M guaranteed. His first year paid 13M of that with his bonus and salary. He was due 10M as a roster bonus last year. But it looks like the Bills spread that out over 4 years with the restructure. So He's still owed about 8M. That's how I interpret it.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/charles-clay-7893/

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I am not a cap guy. But his original deal had 24.5M guaranteed. His first year paid 13M of that with his bonus and salary. He was due 10M as a roster bonus last year. But it looks like the Bills spread that out over 4 years with the restructure. So He's still owed about 8M. That's how I interpret it.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/charles-clay-7893/

It looks like his cap hit is 9 million each of the next 3 years. where's clump when you need him

Ed
03-10-2017, 10:56 AM
They don't save any cap space by cutting Clay. He still has $13.5 mil in prorated bonus money on the books, so if they cut him his cap hit increases from $9 mil to $13.5 mil. Clay is likely here for another couple years whether he plays well or not.

PrimeTime
03-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Terry is a dumb Polack.
Go drill another hole in the ground you ******ed fracker and hire a seasoned executive to run your NFL team.
Bravo.. Attacking a person personally due to him being polish is so right of you? Get A Life

Mace
03-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Bravo.. Attacking a person personally due to him being polish is so right of you? Get A Life

Pegula's not Polish, but Spiked is still Canadian. It all comes to make sense after a while.

sudzy
03-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Thanks Obama

sudzy
03-10-2017, 07:31 PM

If your going to hang around here Prime Time, there is a couple things your going to have to get use to. Pegula is a Polack and Jim Kelly is a drunk. It's not the last time your going to hear it. Just Spike being Spike. Embrace it, because it's not changing.

SpikedLemonade
03-10-2017, 08:36 PM
The Dumb Polack (DP) may be able to take the advice of of paid experts as to where to frack, butt he is a walking idiot in terms of NFL football.

PrimeTime
03-12-2017, 09:47 AM
The Dumb Polack (DP) may be able to take the advice of of paid experts as to where to frack, butt he is a walking idiot in terms of NFL football.
get he **** over yourself

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Dziękuję wam głupie kretynem.
</pre>

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Pegula's not Polish, but Spiked is still Canadian. It all comes to make sense after a while.

Proof?

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2017, 10:28 AM

I am NOT the problem.

Pegula (aka DP) is the problem.

YardRat
03-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Forbes has him pegged as Czechoslovakian.

swiper
03-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Try getting over yourself. Pegula has ruined pro sports in Buffalo. The Sabres and Bills are flailing. But to some blind faith idiots Pegula is a savior. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I wish he'd get the hell out of Buffalo pro sports. He's awful.

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Forbes has him pegged as Czechoslovakian.

Right.

His ancestors came from Poland.

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Try getting over yourself. Pegula has ruined pro sports in Buffalo. The Sabres and Bills are flailing. But to some blind faith idiots Pegula is a savior. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I wish he'd get the hell out of Buffalo pro sports. He's awful.

Some Buffalo fans just don't get it and NEVER will.

They are probably Polish.

PrimeTime
03-12-2017, 10:58 PM
If your going to hang around here Prime Time, there is a couple things your going to have to get use to. Pegula is a Polack and Jim Kelly is a drunk. It's not the last time your going to hear it. Just Spike being Spike. Embrace it, because it's not changing.

Oh your ****ing brilliant... you would rather have both sports teams in Canada? Then you say Kelly is a Drunk? dump ****s like you is what ruins these forums. personally both of you and your dumb posts can kiss my ass. Ill embrace what and when I wish..

Some Buffalo fans just don't get it and NEVER will.
They are probably Polish.

Right.. Punk kids these days...

YardRat
03-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Oh your ****ing brilliant... you would rather have both sports teams in Canada? Then you say Kelly is a Drunk? dump ****s like you is what ruins these forums. personally both of you and your dumb posts can kiss my ass. Ill embrace what and when I wish..

He's trying to explain to you a couple of Spike's favorite memes.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2017, 01:45 AM
OOOhhh Canada. You suck. Eh?

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2017, 01:49 AM

Settle down right meow

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2017, 09:08 AM
OOOhhh Canada. You suck. Eh?

Hey, the Canadian icon band The Tragically Hip even wrote a song about you in tribute to you (we are just that nice)....

38 Years Old (and NEVER Kissed a Girl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbIZ1IuqCzU&index=4&list=PLjzxksagVkmyZZahPb0TbJfuVZAOFYD-G

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Hey, the Canadian icon band The Tragically Hip even wrote a song about you in tribute to you (we are just that nice)....

38 Years Old (and NEVER Kissed a Girl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbIZ1IuqCzU&index=4&list=PLjzxksagVkmyZZahPb0TbJfuVZAOFYD-G

But I'm 33 and never kissed a girl and have uncontrollable flatulence.

sudzy
03-17-2017, 06:29 PM
But I'm 33 and never kissed a girl and have uncontrollable flatulence.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xmagzq" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmagzq_get-a-life_fun" target="_blank">Get A Life!</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/dag2007" target="_blank">dag2007</a></i>

Get a life, will you people? Hey, you have to be almost 30.... have you ever kissed a girl?