• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Itll be OJ Howard

Mark my words. It will be OJ Howard in the first

I'm basing this on our active pursuit of a tight end and report that Whaley was enamored by him at the combine. As long as we sign a WR and don't sign a TE, I'd bet money on Howard

He also fits the select few schools that Whaley prefers
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • bleve
    • Mar 2005

Re: Itll be OJ Howard

I'm no GM, but wouldn't this be another Watkins type of pick? Our starting QB can't find open receivers now, putting more of them on the field won't fix that.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Can we please stop saying this? By this logic we should forfeit the next 3 seasons. It's just dumb logic, and we have a fully new coaching staff. Rex Ryan flat out said he wants a run based offense with low turnovers. You know where most turnovers happen? In the hashmarks. Tyrod was never a safe QB, as a QB when being told to not commit turnovers your not going to throw WRs open, your not going to throw into coverage, and your going to run more.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Still don't like TE's in the first, but I may make an exception this year. Would rather go oline or defense, but the oline talent is thin this draft.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Yup. Based on a mock draft updated yesterday.

If you throw enough darts..

We'll see. He has talent but we need OLB's far more.

Why get all these receiving weapons with TT still here, with an obvious plan to run the ball heavy again ?
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

I hope not. I know Clay hasnt lived up to his contract, but I'd like to see how he does in this new system (I think he was the OC when Owen Daniels was still a top TE?)

He's a luxury pick, and we've got more important positions to try and upgrade.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
              Can we please stop saying this? By this logic we should forfeit the next 3 seasons. It's just dumb logic, and we have a fully new coaching staff.
              No, we can't stop saying it. It's not dumb logic when it's true. We'd be better off putting our resources towards defense and offensive line with a QB like Tyrod. Paying big money for a top WR or TE in free agency is a waste of money, and drafting a WR or TE at #10 is a wasteful use of the pick. Using a lot of resources on a guy who'll catch at best 50 passes is stupid. We have a TE who can catch 50 passes, and any WR in the NFL can do that, too.

Tyrod was never a safe QB, as a QB when being told to not commit turnovers you're not going to throw WRs open, you're not going to throw into coverage, and you're going to run more.
              ...and you're going to be boring, and you're going to win 7 games.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Is OJ Howard a good run blocker?

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I wouldn't rule Howard out at #10. As per usual, Buffalo is working in free agency to fill obvious holes so they are in a better position in the draft to draft BPA. Howard might not be on some observers' draft board as BPA at #10, but he could easily end up there for Whaley.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    Is OJ Howard a good run blocker?
                    I think he is better than most TEs coming out of college, due mostly to Nick Saban's atmosphere of discipline on the field (not necessarily off the field). The big thing is he combines speed with catch radius. At 6'6" he runs as fast as most WRs not named John Ross. Compared with Clay, he's faster with a lot more length.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

We have a good TE that we never throw to right now!

This would be like buying a second surfboard when you live on a farm in Iowa.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Dr. Who
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        Yup. Based on a mock draft updated yesterday.

If you throw enough darts..

We'll see. He has talent but we need OLB's far more.

Why get all these receiving weapons with TT still here, with an obvious plan to run the ball heavy again ?
                        Apparently McDermott is talking about needing only two lbs most of the time because teams play nickel 60% of the time.
                        My guess is WR or CB is most likely at #10, but Howard is probably a dark horse possibility.
                        My view is this is deep draft for TE. I wouldn't allocate #10 to the position.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

If they pick a TE at 10, I won't watch a down of Bills football this year.

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Can we please stop saying this? By this logic we should forfeit the next 3 seasons. It's just dumb logic, and we have a fully new coaching staff. Rex Ryan flat out said he wants a run based offense with low turnovers. You know where most turnovers happen? In the hashmarks. Tyrod was never a safe QB, as a QB when being told to not commit turnovers your not going to throw WRs open, your not going to throw into coverage, and your going to run more.
                            Do we know that Taylor was ever told this, I remember the opposite being said by both Roman and Lynn.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Hey if we do draft OJ Howard, at least we'll finally have a non-murdering OJ associated with our team.

Great optics, amirite?
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X