PDA

View Full Version : Bills Release Corey Graham

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Per Bills mobile app

Not sure why are making themselves thinner than they already are.

Buffalogic
03-10-2017, 03:02 PM
fait accompli

Thurmal
03-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Graham was a good pickup, and a guy I always liked. And yeah, it seems like a weird cut given their safety situation.

ParanoidAndroid
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
They must plan on bringing in someone else to start alongside Hyde. What's the cap savings?

Ed
03-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I always suspected Graham would be let go, but not after they cutt A. Williams and let Gilmore walk. At this point I would have liked to see Graham stay since he can play S or CB, but they must have other plans at the position. It helps that this is such a deep DB draft at least.

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2017, 03:10 PM
They better be planning something, because this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense at the moment.

Ed
03-10-2017, 03:11 PM
They must plan on bringing in someone else to start alongside Hyde. What's the cap savings?
I think it's about $3.6 mil.

Buffalogic
03-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Bills feel confident they can get the best safety in the draft at 10 I guess.

JoeMama
03-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Ravens just released Lardarius Webb.

Great opportunity to get a talented, experienced vet with a SB ring on his finger.

Do it.

Kenny
Another hole in the secondary. Maybe we're going after Claiborne? and then safety in the draft?

Cali512
Graham did lose a few games in buffalo. Against the raiders a few years back he played the ball terribly, and wasn't he the one that whiffed on the tackle vs the giants? He's gotten slower, and his ball skills were never that good

Mahdi
03-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Makes sense, you can get someone just as good in FA for less.

Poyer might be that guy already.

Still I think they did this to make a play in FA.

Cali512
03-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Yeah Poyer was going to start last year

I also think that Marcus Roberson should be moved to safety

streetkings01
03-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Move makes perfect sense. Graham has lost a step and you can a guy in the draft that's cheaper and younger for 3-5 seasons.

The Jokeman
03-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Makes sense, you can get someone just as good in FA for less.

Poyer might be that guy already.

Still I think they did this to make a play in FA.

Bring back Jarius to play for his dad?

EDS
03-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah Poyer was going to start last year

I also think that Marcus Roberson should be moved to safety

Poyer starting in Cleveland is small comfort given what a train wreck that team is. Roberson, yeah.

People were excited by the Blanton signing last year . . .

DesertFox24
03-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Hyde and Poyer I guess are the starters.

Had until Monday to make this move when his roster bonus kicked in so I am assuming that we are trying to free up money to sign someone.

Safety and Corner and WR are big holes.

I suspect we will sign a vet WR and then draft a guy in round 2. Look for corner or safety at 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Roberson I think could be a good zone corner so I would leave him there to be honest. That said safety depth is scary thin.

Night Train
03-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Posted yesterday that Graham and Eric Wood were obvious targets. How is this surprising ? He was TERRIBLE at Safety.

Still have plenty of FA time and a draft. Those who want all the answers today are 8 year old kids with ADHD.

swiper
03-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Graham today is not the same player when the Bills signed him.

YardRat
03-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Loved the signing when they brought him in, didn't like when Wrecks moved him to safety. Not sure if he lost a step or not, kind of difficult to gauge with the position switch, but he is getting older. Not surprised by the release, probably a good time to go in a different direction and get younger in the defensive backfield.

Buddo
03-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Not too keen on this move, tbh.

I sort of get the impression that Graham became the fall guy, due to being surrounded by ineptitude, any time Aaron Williams wasn't playing.

One thing I always liked about Graham, is that he was a footballer, and I don't think that changed. Always committed, and I'm a little surprised to see him go, as I would think he was exactly the 'type' of player, our new HC would want.

It may be that the timing of the move, this year, is actually the right one, with a DB heavy draft, and Graham not getting any younger, but it can be argued that you don't change a culture, by getting rid of the guys who are most likely to buy into a new one, which I believe Graham is. He also knew what it took, to be able to show up Sundays - something a fair few of his team mates aren't so hot on.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Pretty much means the 1st pick will be either a WR or CB.

JoeMama
03-10-2017, 05:38 PM
We're really creating a self imposed void at WR/DB.

Seems impossible to tackle all the newly vacated spots via the draft. FO needs to get crackin'.

jimmifli
03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
McD went with two rookies (2nd and 3rd) last season with high expectations coming off a Superbowl . He's said he believes in building the front 7 first. He just doesn't value DBs as much, especially old ones with declining skills. Our Dline is really good, and they generate a lot of pressure, our LBs were really good (need Brown back). But we've got holes all over and can save some money with a younger guy.

I suspect we'll go with a 3rd round pick starting at CB and probably add a true SS in FA.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Graham has lost a step. No question.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Bring me Kamar Aiken with that money.