• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Jordan Mills back

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
    OT Jordan Mills reached agreement with Bills on a 2-year, $4 million deal, per source.

You can call me streetkings
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Jordan Mills back

That's a lot less than I would have expected. At that price I'm glad he's back. At the very least he provides solid depth. I'd still like to see Kouandjio or someone else starting as an upgrade though.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Hopefully he isn't the only olineman they retain, I'd like to keep Groy also. Apparently LA Rams are very interested in him though, plus a couple of other teams.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

The plain truth is that offensive tackle is weak this year both in free agency and in the draft. There are a few free agents who might have been an upgrade, but with the relative scarcity it becomes a sellers market and the Bills cap situation is tight. Hopefully, Mills can improve with a new line coach or Kouandjio can straighten out his footwork for the RT spot, but at least the Bills won't be any worse off this year than they've been at the RT spot, and maybe next year they can get better.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Love the return of Mills. Can't ask for a better price.

Now nab Groy and I'm happy with our starters and backups going into 17.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Good grief.

I guess with TT back, we can settle but he wasn't that good last year. But what Tiger J says is true.

He may just be the backup swing Tackle, with Kujo (LT) and Glenn (RT) on the field.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

We soooo need to upgrade this OL and it will take years to do so.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                We soooo need to upgrade this OL and it will take years to do so.
                Well...the right side at least..

If Buffalo could find an answer to their right tackle issue, this line would vault up the rankings in an instant. Jordan Mills surrendered eight sacks and 57 total QB pressures over 596 pass-blocking snaps this season, fourth-most of any tackle in the game.

Senior Analyst Sam Monson ranks the league's offensive lines from top to bottom following the 2016 regular season.

In pass pro, he's nowhere near average or solid. And that includes being a back up. He's giving up a pressure once in every 10 attempts. Add in the pressures that Miller has given up and you have 90 pressures from 2 linemen, or about 1 in 6 attempts.

And people think we should pass more? Not without fixing that area.

You can cover for 1, but not 2.

But this position is a lot like QB in that people are always saying "next year we'll get one" or something like that.

And next year rolls around and....well, you know.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  Well...the right side at least..

If Buffalo could find an answer to their right tackle issue, this line would vault up the rankings in an instant. Jordan Mills surrendered eight sacks and 57 total QB pressures over 596 pass-blocking snaps this season, fourth-most of any tackle in the game.

Senior Analyst Sam Monson ranks the league's offensive lines from top to bottom following the 2016 regular season.

In pass pro, he's nowhere near average or solid. And that includes being a back up. He's giving up a pressure once in every 10 attempts. Add in the pressures that Miller has given up and you have 90 pressures from 2 linemen, or about 1 in 6 attempts.

And people think we should pass more? Not without fixing that area.

You can cover for 1, but not 2.

But this position is a lot like QB in that people are always saying "next year we'll get one" or something like that.

And next year rolls around and....well, you know.
                  The lack of appreciation for OL here is epic.

I get pissed off annually every year by the stupid response re: OL.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    The lack of appreciation for OL here is epic.

I get pissed off annually every year by the stupid response re: OL.
                    The last time we had a solid O-line was the last time we went to the playoffs. Coincidence?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                      The last time we had a solid O-line was the last time we went to the playoffs. Coincidence?
                      Nah

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

Continuity doesn't hurt. Mills isn't the worst run blocker, and we obviously are still going to be a 'run first' team. I'd rather have him back, and know we can still try to get better, than have nobody we can be sure can do at least some of what we want them to.

Fwiw, it seems as though we still have a foundation of both lines, to build out from, with the Alexander signing as well. It would appear there is a process going into this.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Not nearly good enough on both lines to be a contender.

Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                          X