Forward_Lateral
03-13-2017, 09:18 AM
No idea who he is to be honest.

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Sounds like camp fodder.

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2017, 09:25 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-add-a-defensive-end-in-free-agency/bbab7ab2-bbd2-48f4-ad21-8a1588dee0a1

Buffalo had a busy first weekend in free agency agreeing to terms with a half dozen new players. On Monday they welcomed another free agent into the fold at One Bills Drive.
DE Ryan Davis (6-2, 275) agreed to terms with the club.
Davis was with the Dallas Cowboys last season and served in a part time role. He appeared in nine games for Dallas until he suffered a knee injury in Week 16 that landed him on injured reserve at the close of the regular season.
Davis, 28, is known as a steady run defender capable of setting the edge. He spent the first four years of his career in Jacksonville. The Jaguars signed him out of Bethune-Cookman as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
His most productive season came in 2014 when he posted 19 tackles, 6.5 sacks, a pair of pass breakups and two forced fumbles for the Jaguars. He'll add to rotation.

Cali512
03-13-2017, 09:41 AM
I think these are all solid role players, and it seems like there is a trend here. None of these players are flashy overhyped players, but solid players who are young and showed potential. These are all very cheap signings too

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2017, 10:07 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-add-a-defensive-end-in-free-agency/bbab7ab2-bbd2-48f4-ad21-8a1588dee0a1
He'll add to rotation.
How many turds do we need to fill out this turd rotation?

I have bags and bags of puppy poop to contribute to the cause.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2017, 10:19 AM
I just want to know how they plan on running a nickel base D with 2 corner backs

Night Train
03-13-2017, 10:48 AM

You add so much to the forum. What that is can be debated.

Ed
03-13-2017, 11:07 AM

The Bills already have starters at DE in Hughes and Lawson with no depth behind them. Which backup DEs should the team be signing?

Kenny
03-13-2017, 11:07 AM
As long as he comes in cheap, I have no problem signing these guys for depth.

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2017, 11:29 AM
You add so much to the forum. What that is can be debated.

Thank you.

The feeling is mutual.

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2017, 12:11 PM

I have bags and bags of puppy poop to contribute to the cause.We went into FA period with something around 25 roster spots to fill. Most of those spots were vacated by role players and back-ups. Will fill 6 with draft picks and probably another 3-6 via undrafted FA's... The remainder come from UFA's. Do the math... 25 roster spots and $25M cap room.

DraftBoy
03-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Decent 3rd down pass rush rotation option off the edge. Should help spell Hughes on longer drives.

He can't be any worse than IK Enemkpali.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Decent 3rd down pass rush rotation option off the edge. Should help spell Hughes on longer drives.

He can't be any worse than IK Enemkpali.

Aaron Maybin says - "Hold my beer"

swiper
03-13-2017, 12:39 PM

He's an artist dude. He has a brush and a palette.

elroy16
03-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Some good info here including some clips from his Jaguar and Cowboy days.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/13/breaking-down-what-de-ryan-davis-brings-to-the-bills/

Ryan Davis is a solid signing for the Bills. He has five years of experience playing in a 4-3 defense and possesses the versatility to play multiple positions – a trait that coach McDermott stated was especially valued in his scheme. Davis should contribute not only as a situational pass rusher as a defensive end, but has the physical attributes and skill set to make plays as an interior defender as well. Buffalo’s defensive line depth chart is thin behind the starting front four and Davis will likely come in and provide relief at multiple spots as a 20-25 snap-per-game defender.

Line looks like this now.

Hughes
Kyle
Dareus
Shaq

Lorenzo (I assume he'll play some OLB and some DE, we'll have to wait on that)
Ryan Davis
Washington
Worthy
Max Valles

With Hughes' age, I'd like to see some more help at pass rusher from the DE spot, but the line isn't looking too bad at this point. Could be better but could also be worse.

Kenny
03-13-2017, 01:43 PM
Some good info here including some clips from his Jaguar and Cowboy days.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/13/breaking-down-what-de-ryan-davis-brings-to-the-bills/

Line looks like this now.

Hughes
Kyle
Dareus
Shaq

Lorenzo (I assume he'll play some OLB and some DE, we'll have to wait on that)
Ryan Davis
Washington
Worthy
Max Valles

With Hughes' age, I'd like to see some more help at pass rusher from the DE spot, but the line isn't looking too bad at this point. Could be better but could also be worse.

Looks pretty good on paper. But it all depends on whether the new coaches can get Dareus to play.

DraftBoy
03-13-2017, 06:20 PM

I'd take Maybin.

Mouldsie
03-14-2017, 12:27 AM

What's the opposite of "nailed it?"

DraftBoy
03-14-2017, 06:05 AM
What's the opposite of "nailed it?"

Missed it?