PDA

View Full Version : Washington CB Sidney Jones reportedly suffers torn Achilles

Mr. Magoo
03-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Standout cornerback Sidney Jones suffered an apparent lower leg injury at Washington's pro day on Saturday, according to reports. The Seattle Times reported (http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/sidney-jones-carted-off-the-field-with-apparent-leg-injury-at-uws-pro-day/) Jones suffered a torn Achilles tendon. Jones is ranked as NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock's No. 1 cornerback in the 2017 NFL Draft (http://www.nfl.com/draft). Jones ran a 4.47 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. In nearly every NFL.com mock draft, Jones comes off the board in the first 15 picks. This is a potentially devastating blow to Jones. This tweet was posted to his account late Saturday.

I was really thinking on putting him in my Mock draft. I really feel bad for the dude.

Ed
03-13-2017, 11:25 AM
He seemed to be consistently ranked as one of the top 2 or 3 CBs in the draft. Some people had him as the #1 CB, ahead of Lattimore. Sucks for him. It will be interesting to see how far he falls. I wouldn't mind the Bills using a 2nd or 3rd on him even though he'll likely miss the season.

Mahdi
03-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Bills are a team that cannot afford to spend a high pick on an injured CB.

He would have been a good fit here though.

Mr. Magoo
03-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Bills are a team that cannot afford to spend a high pick on an injured CB.

He would have been a good fit here though.

If you have him in the 2nd or 3rd would you take a chance.......me yes

Thurmal
03-13-2017, 12:51 PM
If it was an ACL tear, yes. Achilles, no. Have seen way too many guys suffer that injury and come back as shells of themselves.

HHURRICANE
03-13-2017, 02:17 PM

Dude are you kidding?? That's the problem with this frickin team. Draft picks that don't see the field.

Skooby
03-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Is this like it's only his shoulder deal again from last year's draft ?? We know how that worked out so far.

The Jokeman
03-13-2017, 05:10 PM
A damn shame for this kid especially with his pro day so soon after the combine. I'm sure he'll get drafted in Round 3 or later but a CB needy team.

JoeMama
03-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Someone will pull the trigger on this kid in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If you can get a potential lock down CB without using a first round pick with the only downside being you have to wait one year for him to see the field... that's not so bad.

We're so thin at CB it probably doesn't make sense for us to draft him. But if there's a team that has a CB with a contract expiring next year and can afford to let him heal, they'll do it.

Kenny
03-13-2017, 07:08 PM
this screams like a pick by Dallas or NE

Turf
03-13-2017, 08:09 PM
I am going to vehemently stand by this, but those stupid drills they put these players through to measure their physical strengths do nothing more than cause excessive wear and tear on their joints. It may be why we see so many injuries these days.

TigerJ
03-13-2017, 08:38 PM
A ruptured Achilles might be the worst single injury a player could have. You've got to figure he loses the entire 2017 season, and may never have the speed and athleticism post injury that he had before.

Mouldsie
03-14-2017, 12:22 AM
If we were tanking he'd be a perfect R2/3 pick...

Mahdi
03-14-2017, 07:19 AM

I don't think so personally, we have to hit on every pick this year since we have lost so many key players.

We need the first 4 rounds to address CB, WR, S and QB.

jimmifli
03-14-2017, 02:03 PM
This guy just shot up Whaley's draft board!